Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The Japanese Wolf That Said No. - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: The Conspiracy Corner (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Forum: Cryptozoology (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: The Japanese Wolf That Said No. (/showthread.php?tid=397)

The Japanese Wolf That Said No. - BIAD - 03-06-2023

I saw this video the other day and it got me thinking in regards of the manner we're told certain breeds of
animals are no longer with us. 'Experts' -an ambiguous word often used by the media, announced the two
species of wolf on the islands of Japan went extinct in the early part of twentieth century. Hiroshi Yagi, a
mountaineer who often drives the quiet roads through the Chichibu Tama Kai National Park, came across
a creature that had been put in this category.

After Ninurta's images (no longer visible to myself in the archived version of Rogue Nation) showed an overtly
large wolf-like 'something' being picked up on a trail-cam, I can see an argument to counter these establishment
-types decisions to announce extinction.

[Image: p07rdb3w.jpg]
[Image: p10-martin-wolves-a-20190526-870x489.jpg]
Or is it a dog?
Shy

RE: The Japanese Wolf That Said No. - Ninurta - 03-06-2023

(03-06-2023, 10:16 AM)BIAD Wrote: ...

[Image: p07rdb3w.jpg]
[Image: p10-martin-wolves-a-20190526-870x489.jpg]
Or is it a dog?
Shy

Going by the totality of the ears, the muzzle, the tail, and the ruffs of fur on it's jowls, it appears to be a variety of wolf rather than a dog. It's not a Timber Wolf or a Red Wolf or a coyote as found in the Americas, nor is it one of the slight "wolves" found in India. It's not a German Shepherd or "wolf dog" as found in the arctic, because it's legs are too long. I'm gonna say "wolf" rather than "dog", but a wolf of a variety I'm unfamiliar with.

I'll see if I can find those trail cam images, and if I can, I'll re-post them here. However, and I know it's contentious, they look to me to be more of a variety of big cat than they do a variety of big canid.

ETA: I found the tale of the Japanese "Okuri Okami" interesting, for one reason. In the late 1990's or early 2000's, a factory in North Carolina fired an employee who promised to return and "kill them all", so they hired me to secure the facility and prevent that. I didn't go inside much, reasoning that if I caught the miscreant outside, he'd never get inside to do any mischief, plus the brick walls would protect the other employees if any gunplay came into the fray. So I patrolled outside the building, and concentrated on the parking lot looking for any suspicious characters sitting in vehicles when they ought not to be.

On my second day there, a large dog or wolf just showed up. He had no collar or other identification on him, but walked with me on my patrols. The employees thought that I brought him as a police dog, because they said they never saw him unless I was there. But I didn't bring him - he just showed up whenever I did. Looked like a big gray wolf to me, and was not malnourished or underfed. I took to feeding him beef jerky after a couple days, same as I was eating, and he always walked the patrol with me.

When the assignment was over, I gave him a whole bag of beef jerky, thanked him for his service, and left, going on my merry way. The employees said they never saw him again after I left.

Americanized "Okuri Okami," "spirit animal", or just a fortuitous stray? I dunno, and reckon I never will, but I do believe he kept me out of trouble during that assignment.

RE: The Japanese Wolf That Said No. - Ninurta - 03-06-2023

The images in question from the other thread at the archived site:

First, the original commentary of that post, explaining the images - 

Quote:Not a Bigfoot, but an Appalachian cryptid nonetheless. These are trail cam photos taken in the Appalachian mountains. The first is a cat, a really big one. The second is a fella named Bill, who stands about 5' 10" tall for size comparison. The last, if it works, is an animated GIF I made to cycle between the two photos so you can get an immediate idea of the cat's size.

It had really big teeth, too.

The photos were taken by a trail cam strapped to a tree within minutes of one another. Bill was on the trail of the cat, ready to shoot it if he needed to, but it moved faster, and he never caught up with it.

They were taken closer to Mystic Wanderer's neck of the woods than mine.

There's THINGS out in them big dark woods...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=458]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=459]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=460]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=461]

There are 3 others that I've not posted here - 1 of a track in color, 1 of a track in infrared with a gun barrel for size, and one taken in a tractor shed that only shows the back of a beast, nothing really interesting.

RE: The Japanese Wolf That Said No. - BIAD - 05-06-2023

The chap made the Japanese wolf video also created another narrated account of a story
from that country and called it 'The Sankebetsu Brown Bear Incident'. It's over an hour
and a half long and quite interesting.

But the reason for this post is... well, the person himself can explain better.

Huh