Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Movies & TV Shows (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+--- Thread: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek (/showthread.php?tid=325)

For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - 727Sky - 01-31-2023

There are several of these vids/stories for those who might be interested.

RE: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - 727Sky - 02-01-2023

RE: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - Ninurta - 02-01-2023

I like it! It stays fairly true to the original series - although "Dr. McKenna" is, I think, a stand-in for "Dr. Crusher" from The Next generation, and Scotty working on inventing a holodeck is somewhat of a crossover - but in the main, it's pretty faithful. I find it interesting that the guy playing Scotty in this reboot is the real-world son of James Doohan, the original Scotty on the original series. The gal that plays "The Captain's Woman" in the first video you posted looks strikingly similar to the woman that played the original, too.

I'm only 3 episodes in, but have to get my raggedy behind into bed coz I've got to get up early to take Grace for surgery in the morning, but I plan to binge watch the rest when we get home tomorrow evening.

MinusculeHail thumbsup2 MinuusculeClap Number One

RE: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - Ninurta - 02-01-2023

A playlist of all 11 episodes in order, for binge-watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G-ziTBAkbQ&list=PLhvh2eq-XLgqNxH6npvQxGxLCUHy90IpZ

It may be that no more will be made, since the fella playing Sulu has died. They did make a "farewell" reel in which Kirk says this is the last time he will "put on  the uniform" of Kirk:

(02-01-2023, 03:32 PM)Ninurta Wrote: A playlist of all 11 episodes in order, for binge-watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G-ziTBAkbQ&list=PLhvh2eq-XLgqNxH6npvQxGxLCUHy90IpZ

It may be that no more will be made, since the fella playing Sulu has died. They did make a "farewell" reel in which Kirk says this is the last time he will "put on  the uniform" of Kirk:

Yep ... There are many vids trying to recreate to tone and adventure of the original series... But very few did it as well as these vids. The cast and the crew, story line, and special effects was once of the better attempts to recreate the Star Trek universes IMO.  Thanks for the reply

RE: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - Ninurta - 02-02-2023

They finagled some stars into it - so far, I've seen Lou Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk"), Erin Gray ("Buck Rogers in the 25th Century") and Gigi Edgely ("Farscape").

Also, Marina Sirtis ("Counsellor Troi" on the Next Generation) is now the voice of the computer, where Majel Barrett  Rodenberry was that voice on the original series, which leads me to pnder whether Doctor mcKenna may not be a mashup combination between Doctor Crusher and Counsellor Troi from TNG...

RE: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - EndtheMadnessNow - 02-02-2023

Came across this poster:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=321]

1988 Life size poster, Star Trek The Rebel Universe  (Mega huge)

RE: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - Gordi - 02-02-2023

You Trekkies NEED to see this...

RE: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - EndtheMadnessNow - 02-03-2023

(02-02-2023, 08:22 PM)Gordi Wrote: You Trekkies NEED to see this...

LMAO But I need a translation. Sub titles didn't help much. Wink

Experimental research project on warp drive...powered by anti-freeze to bend space/time:

Quote:How DARPA, Star Trek, and UFOs Inspired This Engineer to Unravel the Secrets to Warp Drive Propulsion

Warp drive propulsion, the hypothetical means by which advanced spacecraft of the future may one day explore the universe by way of superluminal travel, has its origins as a concept in science fiction. Best known for its appearances in the famed 1960s TV series Star Trek, it wasn’t until 1994, when a Mexican mathematician named Miguel Alcubierre laid out the mathematics of warp theory, that some scientists–and at least one engineer–began to take the concept seriously.

Since then, a handful of experts have tried to improve on those theories, including former NASA engineer Dr. Harold G “Sonny” White. Until now, all of those ideas have remained mathematical theories that are particularly difficult–if not impossible–to construct with today’s technology.

More recently, an international think-tank of over 30 physicists called Applied Physics has inched closer to a working concept by laying out the math behind what they call a physical warp drive. But in order to overcome many of the energy violations that have haunted previous efforts, their concept is unable to go faster than the speed of light.

Of course, traveling at 90% light speed would make trips to other planets possible. But even this potentially breakthrough design (dubbed the Martire-Bobrick warp drive for the two authors behind the concept Alexey Bobrick and Gianni Martire) is still purely theoretical.
Article continues How DARPA, Star Trek, and UFOs Inspired This Engineer to Unravel the Secrets to Warp Drive Propulsion

Regarding light speed, he needs to read 727Sky's short story. Rolleyes

RE: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - Gordi - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 12:35 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: LMAO But I need a translation. Sub titles didn't help much. Wink

They have deliberately laid on the very thick accents to make it funnier (to us Scots!! LOL).
My favourite part...
"Set Phasers tae MALKY!" ROFL (Very local Scots term for "badly beating" someone... beating them up... pulverising them etc)

G

RE: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - BIAD - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 09:37 AM)Gordi Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 12:35 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: LMAO But I need a translation. Sub titles didn't help much. Wink

They have deliberately laid on the very thick accents to make it funnier (to us Scots!! LOL).
My favourite part...
"Set Phasers tae MALKY!" ROFL (Very local Scots term for "badly beating" someone... beating them up... pulverising them etc)

G

If one of them shows up in dungarees and sitting on a bucket, I think a complaint may be in order!

[Image: wullie_on_bucket.png]

RE: For those who liked the orginal Star Trek - Gordi - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 10:46 AM)BIAD Wrote: If one of them shows up in dungarees and sitting on a bucket, I think a complaint may be in order!

[Image: wullie_on_bucket.png]

Ah, but is it Ma Wullie, Your Wullie or A'Body's Wullie? Big Grin