Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue's Grand Hall (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Rogue's Promo Spot (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! (/showthread.php?tid=287)

GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - Gordi - 01-19-2023

Well, it's only taken me a few decades!! LOL but I am now officially a recording artiste.

Long Story Short - I was invited into the recording studio just before Christmas, to record "Something Unsaid" an old original song that I co-wrote with a friend of mine at least 25yrs ago!

That song has now been recorded and mixed, and I've just finished making the music video (myself) on a budget of.... zero! LOL

The music video Premiere is taking place at 19:30 (7.30pm) GMT tomorrow (Fri 20th Jan) on Youtubby!

So, if you're around and you'd like to be a part of music history!!! ROFLMAO Grab a drink and Join me there for the big launch Party.

Cheers!

G

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - VioletDove - 01-19-2023

What?! That’s amazing! Congratulations @"Gordi"#4  MinuusculeClap MinuusculeClap

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - BIAD - 01-19-2023

Fantastic! Well done mate, you deserve it.
thumbsup2

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - Gordi - 01-20-2023

Just 3hrs to go now..... time to get the drinks in??

G

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - VioletDove - 01-20-2023

I’ve got my alarm set because I don’t want to get busy doing anything and miss it.

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-20-2023

Congratulations!!!

[Image: mhQQEOj.gif]

Holy Scotland, that was awesome!! You have an amazing voice!! Minusculegoodjob

Best wishes on your music career!

That was very good! My mom watched with me and she liked it too. Well done @"Gordi"#4

(01-20-2023, 07:53 PM)VioletDove Wrote: That was very good! My mom watched with me and she liked it too. Well done @"Gordi"#4

Thanks Vi,
It was all done on a budget of $0!
My friend donated his recording studio (and time!), and I shot & edited the video myself, with my neice & her dog acting, and my son helping me on some of the camera shots using my phone!
I'm playing all of the instruments (except a couple of computer generated bass/strings lines) myself, and doing all of the vocals and backing vocals too.
One of my best friends wrote the original lyrics, and I helped to edit the lyrics and pull it all together into a song (MANY years ago!)

Hi Violets Mum! LOL
Thanks Again,
Gx

(01-20-2023, 08:12 PM)Gordi Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 07:53 PM)VioletDove Wrote: That was very good! My mom watched with me and she liked it too. Well done @"Gordi"#4

Thanks Vi,
My friend donated his recording studio (and time!), and I shot & edited the video myself, with my neice & her dog acting, and my son helping me on some of the camera shots using my phone!
I'm playing all of the instruments (except a couple of computer generated bass/strings lines) myself, and doing all of the vocals and backing vocals too.
One of my best friends wrote the original lyrics, and I helped to edit the lyrics and pull it all together into a song (MANY years ago!)

Hi Violets Mum! LOL
Thanks Again,
Gx

Wow! It’s amazing how you pulled all that together and made something so wonderful. I’m glad your son and niece were able to help with it. I agree with @EndtheMadnessNow you have an amazing voice.  

Oh my mom says hi lol. Careful, she sings too and she may try to work up a duet.  Laughing

(01-20-2023, 08:43 PM)VioletDove Wrote: Wow! It’s amazing how you pulled all that together and made something so wonderful. I’m glad your son and niece were able to help with it. I agree with @EndtheMadnessNow you have an amazing voice.  

Oh my mom says hi lol. Careful, she sings too and she may try to work up a duet.  Laughing

If she's FREE... she's IN!! LOL

(01-20-2023, 06:17 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Congratulations!!!

[Image: mhQQEOj.gif]

Holy Scotland, that was awesome!! You have an amazing voice!! Minusculegoodjob

Best wishes on your music career!

End!
I'm so sorry... In the flurry of thanking everyone on multiple platforms after the video premiere... I hadn't picked up on your lovely compliment!
THANK YOU so much, I REALLY do appreciate it (VERY much!).
G

(01-20-2023, 08:59 PM)Gordi Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 08:43 PM)VioletDove Wrote: Wow! It’s amazing how you pulled all that together and made something so wonderful. I’m glad your son and niece were able to help with it. I agree with @EndtheMadnessNow you have an amazing voice.  

If she's FREE... she's IN!! LOL
That would be something to hear

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - NightskyeB4Dawn - 01-20-2023

(01-19-2023, 03:49 PM)Gordi Wrote: Well, it's only taken me a few decades!! LOL but I am now officially a recording artiste.

Long Story Short - I was invited into the recording studio just before Christmas, to record "Something Unsaid" an old original song that I co-wrote with a friend of mine at least 25yrs ago!

That song has now been recorded and mixed, and I've just finished making the music video (myself) on a budget of.... zero! LOL

The music video Premiere is taking place at 19:30 (7.30pm) GMT tomorrow (Fri 20th Jan) on Youtubby!

So, if you're around and you'd like to be a part of music history!!! ROFLMAO Grab a drink and Join me there for the big launch Party.

Cheers!

I can't see through the tears right now so I am leaving many things unsaid.

Thank you.  

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - Selbiene Raveren - 01-21-2023

Beautiful, Gordi! Thank you for sharing this with us. ^_^

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - Gordi - 01-23-2023

(01-20-2023, 10:18 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I can't see through the tears right now so I am leaving many things unsaid.

Thank you.  

Tears? Was it THAT bad??? LOL
Gx

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - Senona - 01-24-2023

(01-20-2023, 08:12 PM)Gordi Wrote:

Thanks Vi,

Hi Violets Mum! LOL
Thanks Again,
Gx

That is friggin AWESOME,  Big G!!

How cool is that, just wow

I am so proud for you (and your family)

You are very talented, keep it going

Minusculegoodjob

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - DuckforcoveR - 01-24-2023

Awesome Job!!!!  Minusculegoodjob Minusculegoodjob Minusculegoodjob

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - BIAD - 01-24-2023

[Image: attachment.php?aid=290]

Nuff' said! Smile

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - Rodinus - 01-24-2023

Well done old chap.

RE: GORDI is now Officially A Recording Artiste! - Gordi - 02-02-2023

I just wanted to say a HUGE big THANK YOU to all of my Roguepals for all of your wonderful support & encouragement!

It is VERY much appreciated.

G