Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood (/showthread.php?tid=262)

Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood - 727Sky - 01-10-2023

https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-agency-considers-ban-on-gas-stoves-following-report-linking-them-to-childhood-asthma-213057325.html

Quote:Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood asthma
A study released last week found gas stoves were the cause of 12.7% of childhood asthma cases in the United States.

[/url]

[url=https://www.yahoo.com/author/david-knowles][Image: dims?image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.co...02331edf29]
David Knowles
·Senior Editor
Tue, January 10, 2023 at 4:30 AM GMT+7·4 min read

[Image: 776a6f80-498a-11ea-abe4-bf7b5a0b22d2]
A blue flame from the burner of a natural gas stove. (David McNew/Getty Images)
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is considering a federal ban on gas stoves in response to a growing body of scientific research has linked them to a variety of health problems.
“This is a hidden hazard,” Richard Trumka Jr., an agency commissioner, told Bloomberg in an interview. “Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned.”
The agency will begin public comment sessions this winter as it begins weighing restrictions on emissions from gas stoves that have found to be harmful to human health.
Last week, a study in the peer-reviewed International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health concluded that gas stoves, which are used in roughly 40% of U.S. homes, were responsible for 12.7% of childhood asthma cases in the country. In all, the study found, gas stoves are responsible for giving asthma to 650,000 children in the U.S.
“When the gas stove is turned on, and when it’s burning at that hot temperature, it releases a number of air pollutants,” Brady Seals, a co-author of the study and the carbon-free buildings manager at the energy policy think tank RMI, told Yahoo News. “So these are things like particulate matter, carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide, along with others. So, for example, nitrogen dioxide is a known respiratory irritant. And the EPA, in 2016, said that short-term exposure to NO2 causes respiratory effects like asthma attacks.”
The dangers of using gas stoves have long been known. In 2013, a meta-analysis published in the International Journal of Epidemiology found that children living in homes with gas stoves were 42% more likely to experience symptoms of asthma than those that lived with electric ranges and ovens, while 24% were more likely to be diagnosed with lifetime asthma.
“Cooking with gas stoves creates nitrogen dioxide and releases additional tiny airborne particles known as PM2.5, both of which are lung irritants. Nitrogen dioxide has been linked with childhood asthma,” Wynne Armand, a physician at Massachusetts General Hospital, wrote in September at Harvard Health Publishing. “During 2019 alone, almost two million cases worldwide of new childhood asthma were estimated to be due to nitrogen dioxide pollution.”

RE: Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-11-2023

Total BS reasoning as usual. Gee, I wonder why the Xiden Administration wants everyone & everything switched over to ELECTRIC?? I'm half expecting by the end of this decade there won't be any electric power for us commoners. Meanwhile, they'll be able to switch anyone OFF at will with impunity including electric cars based on social credit scoring.

[Image: IZooedi.jpg]

Don't toss out your Dutch oven!

RE: Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood - ABNARTY - 01-19-2023

Gas stoves huh? 

I tried reading more on this but all I get are inter-tribe debates over what it means and if "banning" means "banning". I am convinced there is a percentage of the population incapable of rational thought. They are tied to why what was said was said versus the content of what was said. (If that makes any sense)

IMHO, it's just control. What don't the WEF/Davos toadies want to control? And in the name of what glorious cause won't they claim it in?

RE: Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood - 727Sky - 01-19-2023

https://jalopnik.com/pre-2010-diesel-engines-banned-from-california-roads-1850001952

Quote:Pre-2010 Diesel Engines Banned From California Roads

The ban is the first step in a complete phaseout of all diesel engines by the 2030s.

If you own a diesel-powered rig that’s over 10 years old in the state of California, it’s now illegal to drive it on the roads, thanks to a new law that went into effect January 1 of this year. 

The California law has been a long time coming. In 2008, California Air Resources Board (CARB) approved legislation to curb emissions from old trucks and buses within the state. This legislation was updated in 2014 that banned engines manufactured in 2006 and earlier. At the end of 2022, the ban was extended to include diesel engines manufactured before 2009.

RE: Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood - Ninurta - 01-19-2023

This seems to me to be an effort to force their nature killing and inefficient wind turbines for electric generation on us.

It has long been known that the wind turbines kill birds, especially the national bird, the Bald Eagle. They fly into the turning blades and get ended right then and there. Now we are finding off the coast of NJ that the sea-based turbines also kill nature, as we are now up to 7 dead whales washed ashore there. Meanwhile, they are outlawing offshore fishing to "protect the whales" - the same whales they are killing themselves with their wind-farms.

I'll be screwed. Not only me personally, but also the local economy in some of the "marginalized" areas they keep harping on about. They killed the local economy here with their war on coal. once already. So we moved to gas drilling, and now they are coming for that, too. In parts of West Virginia, the drilling contracts allow the landowner to tap the well heads for personal use gas, so folks in those areas get free gas. As a result, there are people there whose entire existence in the modern world hinges on being able to use gas. They have gas heat, gas stoves, even gas-powered appliances. I know folks who have gas-powered refrigerators! This would put an end to their existence in the modern world, and throw them back 200 years.  Their economy is already trashed, and there is just no way they would be able to afford the electricity or the replacement appliances, especially the way inflation is striking.

My heat is gas. Not just a cooking stove, but a big-ol' open faced gas heater. Gas feeds into a grid that is about 2' x 3', the pilot ignites it, and the heat radiates outward from that, with a ceiling fan above the heater to force the heat downward and outward, circulating it into the rest of the house. If they outlaw dinky-assed gas stove burners, I'm sure they'll go after those big ol' open faced heaters, too, and leave us out in the cold.

Then I'd have to get two wood-burners, locate the flue holes in the chimneys that have been covered over for decades now, open them back up, and sweep the chimney of birds nests and bee nests... then install the stoves and cut the wood. I have plenty of wood to cut, but it's "on the hoof" so to speak, and the cutting and splitting and hauling would likely be more than my old, worn-out carcass could handle at this stage of life

So, yeah, the end of me is built-in to this silly notion of theirs, not to mention wrecking toe local economy... yet again. This IS one of those "marginalized, economically depressed" areas they keep harping on about, and yet they are the very ones that come in and occasionally wreck the economy here. I've never noticed them coming in to "help" us - despite the empty promises LBJ made when he started his "war on poverty" 60 years ago in Ashland, KY. Instead of a "war on poverty", it appears to us that when he really meant was a "war on poor folks", and subsequent administrations have merely kept that same war on poor folks rolling merrily along.

So, for some folks out there, this means far more than just not being able to grill a steak over a gas flame in the kitchen - it means an entire setback to Iron Age living, yet again... and it seems like a pretty targeted attack on us to achieve that result.

Fuck 'em. We survived here centuries before there even was a BidenHarris, and we will continue to survive centuries after those useless wastes of skin are gone. We are not as easy to wipe out as they think we are - making life tough for people here is not a means to eliminate us, it's a just a means to make us tougher and more resilient... and more resentful and pissed off. That might not go so well for them when they come in to take over the leftovers of their planned conquest.

There is a reason that elections here regularly go 80% to 90% Republican - for all their faults, at least the Republicans are not actively trying to kill us off.

We can see, plainly, who IS trying to accomplish that.

RE: Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood - EndtheMadnessNow - 02-01-2023

Turns out, the new lobby group urging governments to ban gas boilers is funded by private-jet owning billionaires. Who would have guessed? Sure

[Image: GurQHJ2.jpg]
Quote:Robert Bryce has written a disturbing essay about the Climate Imperative Foundation, which received $221 million in donations in its first year of operations. The donors include Steve Jobs’s widow, as well as Bill Gates and Michael Bloomberg, and their priority is to ban natural gas, starting with your gas boiler. All very well for private-jet-owning billionaires, Bryce argues, but what impact will the ban have on working-class communities? Here’s how it begins.

Quote:The Climate Imperative Foundation is the newest and richest anti-hydrocarbon, anti-natural gas group you’ve never heard of.

How rich is Climate Imperative? According to the latest report from Guidestar, the group took in $221 million in its first full year of operation. (Guidestar calls the income “gross receipts”.) That means that Climate Imperative, which is less than three years-old, is already taking in more cash than the Sierra Club, which bills itself as the “nation’s largest and most influential grassroots environmental organisation”. According to Guidestar, the Sierra Club collected $180 million in its latest reporting year. Climate Imperative is also taking in more money than the Rocky Mountain Institute which collected about $130 million in its latest reporting year. I use those groups for comparison because they are pushing anti-gas initiatives across the country. More on them in a moment.
The emergence of Climate Imperative – which has received virtually no attention from legacy media outlets – is important for several reasons.

First, it shows that the effort to “electrify everything” and ban the use of natural gas in homes and businesses – and that includes gas stoves — is part of a years-long, lavishly funded campaign that is being bankrolled by some of the world’s richest people.

Second, despite numerous claims about how nefarious actors are blocking the much-hyped “energy transition”, the size of Climate Imperative’s budget provides more evidence that the NGO-corporate-industrial-climate complex has far more money than the pro-hydrocarbon and pro-nuclear groups. Indeed, the anti-hydrocarbon NGOs (most of which are also stridently anti-nuclear) have loads of money, media backing, and momentum. As can be seen in the graphic below, the five biggest anti-hydrocarbon NGOs are now collecting about $1.5 billion per year from their donors. (All data is from Guidestar.) That sum is roughly three times more than the amount being collected by the top five non-profit associations that are either pro-hydrocarbon or pro-nuclear.

[Image: uUxvMk4.jpg]

Quote:Third, banning the direct use of natural gas in homes and businesses may be worse for the climate. You read that right. Burning gas directly allows consumers to use about 90% of the energy contained in the fuel. Using gas indirectly – by converting it into electricity and then using that juice to power a heat pump, stove, or water heater – wastes more than half of the energy in the fuel. That point was made by Glenn Ducat, in his excellent new book, Blue Oasis No More: Why We’re Not Going to ‘Beat’ Global Warming and What We Need To Do About It. Ducat is a Ph.D. nuclear engineer who worked at Argonne National Lab, as well as at two electric utilities. He explains: “Burning natural gas by residential commercial and industrial customers is at least twice as efficient and emits about half as much CO2 as processes that use electricity produced from fossil fuels. Converting process-heat applications to electricity before the electricity grid is completely carbon-free will increase CO2 emissions.” (Emphasis in the original.)
Daily Sceptic

Worth reading in full.

One of the first legacy media outlets to publish an article promoting claims about bad air quality from gas stoves was The Atlantic. It may be a coincidence, but The Atlantic is owned by Laurene Powell Jobs.

RE: Federal agency considers ban on gas stoves following report linking them to childhood - 727Sky - 02-01-2023

I am sure I will not be around for the day when those who are pushed wake up and push back