Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Happy New Year - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Around the World - Worldwide News (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Forum: Australia (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: Happy New Year (/showthread.php?tid=230)

Happy New Year - Bally002 - 12-31-2022

Happy New Year you mob from Australia.

Sydney fire works going off as I type.

They are the best,

Good year for Rogue.

BallySmile

RE: Happy New Year - VioletDove - 12-31-2022

Happy New Year @"Bally002"#20

RE: Happy New Year - BIAD - 12-31-2022

Have a great 2023 and let's make it a good one!

Happy New Year!!
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

RE: Happy New Year - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-31-2022

Happy New Year!!

[Image: vGIN4I7.jpg]

RE: Happy New Year - 727Sky - 01-01-2023

The new year here is 2566 no kidding !

I remember when America was celebrating 200 years of existence I was visiting some temples that had stood for at least 1500 years.. I wonder what the world we know will be like in another 400 years ?

Anyway no snobbery just wondering what the future will hold for humankind. Surprised

RE: Happy New Year - Selbiene Raveren - 01-01-2023

Happy New Year to you too, Bally! And also to the rest of my Rogue family! ^_^

RE: Happy New Year - GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-01-2023

Struggling desperately to keep my eyes open another 16 minutes to make it to the New Year here in EST, hazards of smoking a bowl or six.... so if I don't make it Happy New Year everybody!  May your 2023 be great! 

RE: Happy New Year - Ninurta - 01-01-2023

Happy farkin' New Year, y'all!

I have several world clocks set up on this computer (EST - US, London, Canberra, Helsinki, Kabul, etc) but right now it's MY turn!

RE: Happy New Year - Bally002 - 01-01-2023

(01-01-2023, 05:02 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Happy farkin' New Year, y'all!

I have several world clocks set up on this computer (EST - US, London, Canberra, Helsinki, Kabul, etc) but right now it's MY turn!

Thanks mate.  Returning the wishes.  Don't worry about Canberra.  That's where all our tax money goes to pay for overseas holidays.

Cheers Omega.

Bally

(01-01-2023, 04:47 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Struggling desperately to keep my eyes open another 16 minutes to make it to the New Year here in EST, hazards of smoking a bowl or six.... so if I don't make it Happy New Year everybody!  May your 2023 be great! 

Yeah.  Know the feeling.  New Years Eve 'true love' bought me a bottle of 'Wild Turkey'.  Lucky to make it after midnight let alone post here.  Woke today, sun shining, birds cheeping etc.  Staggered to the kitchen.  Saw that dastardly bottle.  Barely a dribble in it.

Later went back upstairs and lay down with a spew bucket.  Thankfully I got through that vomit feeling after another kip and a liter of water.  My New Years Day. 

Kind regards,

BallySmile

RE: Happy New Year - Sol - 01-01-2023

Happy New Year from the North!

May 2023 be THE year! 

For all Rogues!

Cheers, Bally!!

Sol.

RE: Happy New Year - BIAD - 01-01-2023

My new year's day began with a mild First-World problem when I found my coffee-maker had sprung a small leak
sometime in the early hours of a new 2023. Yeah... I know, these are the times when one's fortitude is tested to
the maximum, but the surrounding details finds me not fully confident that it is an actual leak and more testing
-I believe, is required.

I currently find myself in the role of Patrick McGoohan's character from the movie 'Escape From Alcatraz', when
Warden Arthur Dollison is squatted down on the shore of Angel Island musing on a the floating chrysanthemum
head being tossed about by the waves. Was there a break-out from my coffee-maker whilst I slept last night or is
there another reason... an act I'm aware of and all of this is just a lack of adventure in a senescent man of 62?!

Belonging to the age-group my wife and I are presently card-carrying members of, partying like its 1999 on New
Year's Eve has been long-ago taken off our 'To Do' list and when ten o'clock rolls around, the odd eager firework
exploding on the final day of December can now find us tucked soundly beneath the bed covers and wondering
what tomorrow might bring.

But as a nod to all the excitement, last night I filled up the water-reservoir of our coffee-maker and poured in some
new coffee that our son had brought that very day. He and his girlfriend had worked through the Christmas period
and it was only on the 31st, could they visit their respective families and deliver any belated-gifts.
For the our son's old parents, it was a couple of bags of selected ground-coffee for their battered coffee machine.

Let's get this out in the open first... I did spill some of the water as I prepared the brew, last night. I know I did
and I wiped it up, this included moving the device and capturing any of the liquid that had sneaked beneath its
rubber feet. If I stay in the role of the Warden of Alcatraz, I would state without conviction (see what I did there?!)
...that everything that was supposed to be confined, was secured when I turned off the kitchen-light to retire for the
night.

Later, as the usually-dark sky exploded with burning pyrotechnics and loud noises, I struggled to discover sleep and
like many of us in later-years, took inventory of our past and calculated our failures against our successes.  Just for
the record, the small dribble of water I'd earlier induced was not one of them.

Then I finally succumb to the arms of Morpheus and ran amongst my dreams where my scalp enjoyed a fine mane
of hair again and the loons-wearing chicks listening to the latest sounds on their hand-held radios ruminated on my
slim ass as I passed by. A merry world of emotive abstract where one's frontal lobe tosses out reasoning and allows
dreams to become a reality.

If my wife's belief has merit, it must have been during this journey of self-satiating delusion that the Frank Morris and
the Anglin brothers-version of water decided to make their escape from my coffee-maker.

Why during the early hours of New Year's Day was such extrication undertook? What made this particular date any
more important than the previous evening? The kitchen counter was dry the night before when I performed my alchemy
and ensured no aqueous escapees had attempted a breakout. Warden Dollison would've approved of my methods and
-I am sure, even saluted my no-nonsense attitude of a semi-Luddite still willing to utilise modern gadgetry for purposes
attached to laziness.

My people are scouring the scene as I type and no stone will be left unturned. If the fluid-versions of Morris and his two
cohorts are out there... I will find them. As Patrick McGoohan's slightly-Irish tones will vouch... "No one has ever escaped
from my coffee-maker. And no one ever will".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=184]

RE: Happy New Year - Finspiracy - 01-01-2023

Happy new year Rogues.

[Image: 96540710.jpg]

RE: Happy New Year - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-01-2023

Granny’s all set for the holler daze...

[Image: FYjoxpu.jpg]

[Image: 9R3Os5c.gif]

(01-01-2023, 06:38 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 05:02 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Happy farkin' New Year, y'all!

Thanks mate.  Returning the wishes.  Don't worry about Canberra.  That's where all our tax money goes to pay for overseas holidays.

Cheers Omega.

Bally

I have it set because I think - but ain't sure - that's the time zone that both you and OmegaLogos are in. Helsinki is set because I think that's Finsoiracy's time zone, London for BIAD and Gordi, because I think the main part of the UK has only one time zone - plus London time is almost always the same as Zulu time or GMT, Kabul because I have a friend still "trapped" there - trapped because he doesn't want to leave, and prefers working underground against the Taliban...and a couple other time zones that are hard to calculate right off the top of my head.

But, yeah, you and OL were the first to see what 2023 looks like... is it scarier 12 hours into the future?

RE: Happy New Year - Finspiracy - 01-01-2023

Yeah, there is only 1 time zone in Finland, and that is the "HELL-sinki" time.

[Image: 5907bc49ba9d6de27e7866f11ca6c4b3.jpg]

(01-01-2023, 10:53 AM)BIAD Wrote: My new year's day began with a mild First-World problem when I found my coffee-maker had sprung a small leak
sometime in the early hours of a new 2023. Yeah... I know, these are the times when one's fortitude is tested to
the maximum, but the surrounding details finds me not fully confident that it is an actual leak and more testing
-I believe, is required.

These are, indeed, the times that try men's souls...

(01-01-2023, 06:27 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: Yeah, there is only 1 time zone in Finland, and that is the "HELL-sinki" time.

[Image: 5907bc49ba9d6de27e7866f11ca6c4b3.jpg]

I thought you said that camera didn't have any film in it!

For everyone else, this is what happens when Fin and I have had just a little too much to drink...