Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
These People Vanished Mysteriously and Were Never Found - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: These People Vanished Mysteriously and Were Never Found (/showthread.php?tid=2229)

These People Vanished Mysteriously and Were Never Found - 727Sky - 07-23-2024

Quote:From the Nexus Magazine Archives, here's a special preview of David Paulides’ Missing 411 lecture. Yosemite National Park stands out as the number one cluster for missing people, with thousands unaccounted for. In his lecture, David Paulides sheds light on several perplexing missing persons cases.

RE: These People Vanished Mysteriously and Were Never Found - Bally002 - 07-23-2024

Will watch this.  Bit smashed tonight.  Cheers for putting it up.  Starting to nod off.

Kind regards,

Bally......  Smile and twitching eye.

RE: These People Vanished Mysteriously and Were Never Found - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-23-2024

I did a lot of group & solo hiking in Yosemite back in my early 20s. Decades later I came across Paulides’ many vids of missing people in this park, and it sent shivers up my spine. I was either deemed genetically inferior by whomever or whatever is causing the disappearances, Or I was just damn lucky. Maybe I always had a guardian angel on overwatch. I dunno, but that whole disappearance phenomena (based on his profile categories & cases) is spooky, disturbing and frightening.

RE: These People Vanished Mysteriously and Were Never Found - Ninurta - 07-23-2024

"Never seen again" is a relative phrase. I think that probably Otzi in the Tyrolean Alps and Cheddar Man in southwestern England were both probably what would be called today "Missing 411" cases. They were eventually "seen again", but it took about 11,000 years in the one case and about 5,000 years in the other to find them.

No doubt throughout history there have been many other such cases, but many of those will truly "never be seen again" because there is nothing left of them to see - it's just that those two cases had unusual preservation of the corpses that allowed them to be found after a few thousand years.

The difference in the modern day is that tehre are now a lot more people, a certain fraction of whom will vanish at some point "without a trace"...

RE: These People Vanished Mysteriously and Were Never Found - F2d5thCav - 07-29-2024

It is worth recalling the 'outdoors' can be unforgiving.  I've been only a few yards off trail in some cases and it was like I had entered a different world, especially if elevation changes are involved.

No doubt some of Paulides' cases are genuinely mysterious.  But I'll bet that many of them come down to people who weren't prepared or who weren't aware of their surroundings.

Cheers

RE: These People Vanished Mysteriously and Were Never Found - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-29-2024

(07-29-2024, 06:17 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: It is worth recalling the 'outdoors' can be unforgiving.  I've been only a few yards off trail in some cases and it was like I had entered a different world, especially if elevation changes are involved.

No doubt some of Paulides' cases are genuinely mysterious.  But I'll bet that many of them come down to people who weren't prepared or who weren't aware of their surroundings.

Cheers

There is over a hundred acres behind my back 40. I like walking out there with one or more of my dogs, because I never come back the exact same way.

You are so right. Just a few yards off the trail, feels like you have enter a different world. It is ridiculously easy to get lost. Even in an area where you think you know where you are.

RE: These People Vanished Mysteriously and Were Never Found - F2d5thCav - 07-30-2024

Hi Night.

Yeah.  I want to add I'm willing to consider paranormal activity as I have witnessed odd things at times.

But it is too easy to put amazing claims in stories without having -any- proof to back them up.  Show me at least some proof that the amazing event occurred, and I am more willing to consider a fantastic cause.

Not sure if it was part of the Missing 411 reports collection, but I recall one report in which a child suddenly went missing in the forest while walking with family.  Per the report, people looked all over without success until someone happened to look up -- the child was something like 100 foot high in the branches of a tree, and thereafter rescued.

Great, but like I mentioned, let's see some proof other than an after the fact report claiming such.

Cheers--