Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! (/showthread.php?tid=213)

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - Sol - 12-25-2022

I know, I know. 

It's no longer politically correct to say "Merry Christmas" and it should be "Happy Holidays"....

BUT

Where I'm from, it's "Merry Christmas", it's always been "Merry Christmas" and it will remain "Merry Christmas".

I mean no offence to anyone but if "Merry Christmas" offends you, you should skip this post.

It irks me that Christmas trees are no longer tolerated in certain malls where I live because it offends certain ethnicities.

They say it's a culture thing but it's not. It's a non-inclusive thing.

Because you cannot tolerate a different culture than yours. Period.

I respect your culture, your holidays, your ways of dressing up, your God and your religions. I may not like it but I respect it.

Why can't you respect mine? Especially in my own country, where I was born, where my ancestors were born.

It irks me that we are trying to cancel Merry Christmas. Derived from Christ. This is who we believe in, who my ancestors believed in, who, however, the next generations will slowly forget.

Again, why not respect who I believe in? That's not a culture thing. It's a "I'm holding the truth and not you" thing.

But why?

I find it ironic that the ones that yell to racism the most are the most racist ones. Always.

So, Merry Christmas!!

Christmas is supposed to be the happiest time of the year. It used to be. 

Now, we'll settle for Happy Holidays.

Sure.

Just let me wish Merry Christmas if I want to.

And I want to.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Sol.

RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - BIAD - 12-25-2022

To you too, also thanks for all the work in 2022.
thumbsup2 Smile

RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - Michigan Swamp Buck - 12-25-2022

Beloved leader demands that you make merry during winter celebration upon pain of death. Merry making will be only sanctioned activities at appointed times and places that will cease at the termination of this year's winter celebration when you will return to work in service of beloved leader.

RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - GeauxHomeLittleD - 12-25-2022

Merry Christmas!

I have been surprised this season by so many people, even people I do not know, who have wished me a Merry Christmas when I've been out in public this year. I think many have grown extremely tired of political correctness and that we are slowly but surely taking this season back- one Merry Christmas at a time! 

RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - Ninurta - 12-25-2022

Merry Christmas, one and all!

We don't put up a tree or decorate the outside, but still celebrate - It's Grace's time of year, with the gifts and the cooking and whatnot. Right now, there is a turkey in the oven that weighs, I dunno, maybe 40 pounds that we'll be eating off of for the next month since there are only the three of us. But Grace likes cooking, and Christmas cooking is her happy place, so that's what we do.

We say "Merry Christmas" rather than "Happy Holidays", and any furrniers around here do the same, to blend in. I don't know anyone around here to wish a happy Hannukah or Merry Kwanzaa of any of those other holidays that fall around this time of year.

The dominant culture here is Christmas. If I were in a Muslim country, I'd celebrate Eid al Fitr with them, if I were in Israel I'd celebrate Hannukah with them, so if they're here, they'll celebrate Christmas with us. It's more than just a culture thing in all cases, it's a matter of respect vs. disrespect. If someone is nice enough to allow you into their country, you don't set out by trashing their holidays.

Our big Christmas celebrating is going to fall nearer to New Year's Day than it is to Christmas, because of scheduling issues among different family members. But it'll still be "Christmas" to us.

RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - VioletDove - 12-25-2022

For several years I was one that kind of turned my nose up at the words Merry Christmas. I would usually say something like YOU have a Merry Christmas or the ol Happy Holidays. Then as I got older and political correctness started really rearing it’s ugly head,  I thought, you know what, If saying that makes people happy why not stop being a little shit and just let them be happy. I decided I like the way their eyes light up when they hear it.

I hope everyone here has had a Merry Christmas  In love

RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-26-2022

Damn straight. Merry Christmas to all ya filthy Rogues!

[Image: zod1BTq.jpg]

[Image: F8HMWRp.jpg]

[Image: u1YAUYC.jpg]

RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - Bally002 - 12-26-2022

Merry Christmas to everyone on Rogue.  Warm day today over here. (Boxing Day)  Sitting in front of the screen watching Aussies -v- Proteas test match and later the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht race.

I know you are all have a very cold time of the year in the upper hemisphere.  Keep snug and safe and I hope you all enjoyed the day.

Kind regards,

Bally Smile

RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - Senona - 12-26-2022

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful day today.

I for one am glad, as someone who works retail, that Christmas is over.
People for some reason, turn into savages this time of the year.
Especially this year.

I was corrected by 2 customers that they do not celebrate Christmas and so I corrected my wording to happy holidays, so as not get a "bad survey"  rolleyes2

Anyhow, I personally will be glad when all the holiday stuff is over.
The public has gotten way to 'sensitive' / needy for my taste.

Once we get past New Years, I feel like the holidays are over. YAY!!

RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - Senona - 12-26-2022

(12-26-2022, 12:43 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Damn straight. Merry Christmas to all ya filthy Rogues!

.....and yes, 'Die Hard'  IS a Christmas movie, for those who are unsure. LOL

RE: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! - Sol - 12-26-2022

(12-26-2022, 03:40 AM)Senona Wrote:
(12-26-2022, 12:43 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Damn straight. Merry Christmas to all ya filthy Rogues!

.....and yes, 'Die Hard'  IS a Christmas movie, for those who are unsure. LOL

Darn straight it is! Watched it last night, again. Free streaming but they charge a fee for National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and Lethal Weapon, greedy bastards. 

I hear you about the retail side of things. Done it for over twenty years and I don’t miss the entitled ones one bit. Savages is right. No class, uneducated, I’m holier than thou motherfuckers. 

No longer being in retail, I kind of enjoy putting them in their place when the occasion rises. Smiles from the cashiers tell it all. They love it when it happens. They can’t respond so I kind of do it for them lol

Funny how the wannabes shut their mouth when facing someone that confronts them openly to make them realize that they’re just self centered assholes, in front of everyone.  Karens and Dicks. 

It’s my revenge for having kept my mouth shut that long lol