Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Marines are not having a problem recruiting - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Marines are not having a problem recruiting (/showthread.php?tid=1964)

Marines are not having a problem recruiting - 727Sky - 04-05-2024

Marines are not having a problem recruiting and there is a reason as their motto has always been do or die. Some of the best pilots I have flown with were all Marine aviators. A Marine is a grunt first (rifleman) and anything else is secondary. However they usually have the worse living conditions of any of the services.

The Air Force would open a base and build the living quarters and officer and enlisted clubs and then end up several thousand feet short of the required length for their runway as they were out of money. Runways always got finished with more money added...

Army and Marines would build the runway first while living in tents and that is where they remained until building materials could be scrounged !! 

RE: Marines are not having a problem recruiting - 727Sky - 04-05-2024

I for one wish soldiers and weapons of war were no longer needed; unfortunately that dream of mankind has never been realized for all of recorded history.

If you want peace prepare for war and be glad there are those who are ready to fight for you and yours.

The reality of the human condition and society becomes real when the blade is held upon your throat by an uncaring enemy who's main goal is death to anyone who does not believe the way they do. Those who scream death to America or anyone else is not necessary joking as they wait for the means to carry out their deeds.

May you and yours live in peace and if not, may your enemies never see you coming.MinusculeCheers

RE: Marines are not having a problem recruiting - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-05-2024

(04-05-2024, 05:36 AM)727Sky Wrote: Marines are not having a problem recruiting and there is a reason as their motto has always been do or die. Some of the best pilots I have flown with were all Marine aviators. A Marine is a grunt first (rifleman) and anything else is secondary. However they usually have the worse living conditions of any of the services.

The Air Force would open a base and build the living quarters and officer and enlisted clubs and then end up several thousand feet short of the required length for their runway as they were out of money. Runways always got finished with more money added...

Army and Marines would build the runway first while living in tents and that is where they remained until building materials could be scrounged !! 

After all these years, 45 years to be exact, I still smile when I hear someone rag on the Air Force.

Feels like it was just yesterday when I was first called out for being an officer in the Air Force. I heard someone say I was straight up Air Force, all brains, no boobs, and no butt.

I thought it was hysterical. I laughed till I cried. It was funny and true.

Those were the days. Love it

RE: Marines are not having a problem recruiting - EndtheMadnessNow - 04-05-2024

When I got myself into a nasty situation in the Philippines, out numbered and thought this was it...and out of nowhere a few Marines jumped in, wasted 4 of them in a blink of an eye and saved my ass from certain death. Quite literally. Never did learn who they were other than a band of rebels and as for the Marines I never seen them again. No follow-up report, nothing, like it never happened when I got back to base. Still have a faded knife scar on my stomach. Crazy times, hard lesson learned.

In more recent times the Marines are the only branch to have passed their finance audit, ever. Since the bean counters started doing audits.

Marines may have to take-over Navy duties if they don't get this DEI nonsense eradicated.

RE: Marines are not having a problem recruiting - 727Sky - 04-06-2024

(04-05-2024, 11:53 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-05-2024, 05:36 AM)727Sky Wrote: Marines are not having a problem recruiting and there is a reason as their motto has always been do or die. Some of the best pilots I have flown with were all Marine aviators. A Marine is a grunt first (rifleman) and anything else is secondary. However they usually have the worse living conditions of any of the services.

After all these years, 45 years to be exact, I still smile when I hear someone rag on the Air Force.

Feels like it was just yesterday when I was first called out for being an officer in the Air Force. I heard someone say I was straight up Air Force, all brains, no boobs, and no butt.

Those were the days.  Love it
Actually some would consider the Airforce is very smart building the living quarters first as they know if no runway no mission !! 

While they wait on the puzzle palace boys and girls to put together an aid package for the runway they sit in air conditioned rooms and have a few cool ones..

RE: Marines are not having a problem recruiting - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-06-2024

(04-06-2024, 12:07 AM)727Sky Wrote:
(04-05-2024, 11:53 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Those were the days.  Love it
Actually some would consider the Airforce is very smart building the living quarters first as they know if no runway no mission !! 

While they wait on the puzzle palace boys and girls to put together an aid package for the runway they sit in air conditioned rooms and have a few cool ones..

When I was working for the Navy as a computer operator. It was a job that clicked with me. Back then the system ran with punch cards, that I could read by just looking at them. This was something no one else in the division could do, so of course it was a place where I excelled. They didn't know what to do with me. They talked about me behind my back. One day one of my co-workers had enough. He said he became fed up when they said I was crazy. He said he could not stand it anymore. He said he stood and told them. "She is crazy alright, crazy as a damn fox!" He claimed he told them they were scared shitless of me, because I was the only one that did not need the machines and the building to hold on to my job.

I never thought about that for a single second. I didn't think about any of it. It just came natural.

With the Air Force the only problem I had was that it thought that as medical persona, we were second class citizens. Air Command and Staff were the golden hair children.

Through it all, I have no regrets.