Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Just A Thought - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Just A Thought (/showthread.php?tid=1945)

Pages: 1 2

Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-30-2024

What purpose do we serve?

This planet does not need us to survive. Look at the fig tree and all the life that it supports. So many other species that are so important in the circle of life on this planet. What do we humans bring to the table?

Just a thought.

RE: Just A Thought - kdog - 03-30-2024

(03-30-2024, 03:41 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: What purpose do we serve?

This planet does not need us to survive. Look at the fig tree and all the life that it supports. So many other species that are so important in the circle of life on this planet. What do we humans bring to the table?

Just a thought.

The only purpose we serve is to survive and reproduce like every other life form on this planet. Humans are no more important then an ant. We think we are destroying the Earth, but the Earth has been through alot way before we came along, and will be fine after we are gone. Humans are just destroying themselves . We bring nothing to the table that is good.

RE: Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-30-2024

(03-30-2024, 06:49 AM)kdog Wrote:

Just a thought.

The only purpose we serve is to survive and reproduce like every other life form on this planet. Humans are no more important then an ant. We think we are destroying the Earth, but the Earth has been through alot way before we came along, and will be fine after we are gone. Humans are just destroying themselves . We bring nothing to the table that is good.

The ants seem to actually be higher up on the list than we are. They at least play an important role in the environment. Ants turn and aerate the soil, allowing water and oxygen to reach plant roots. They have a positive impact.

Us......... Not so much.

(03-30-2024, 06:49 AM)kdog Wrote: [quote="NightskyeB4Dawn" pid="16682" dateline="1711770083"

The planet will survive us, because we are killing ourselves, but we will leave a scar.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2024/03/29/1241234103/anthropocene-era-photos-earth-human-scars-planet

RE: Just A Thought - MrJesterium - 03-30-2024

I would pose another question besides that one: what is man's distinction from the animals?

Alfred North Whitehead once observed, "I dare say the ants and the bees have smoothly working systems, but they do not change. This element of novelty is what makes the difference between man and the animals." Well, that's one of them, but what else?

(03-30-2024, 07:51 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: The ants seem to actually be higher up on the list than we are. They at least play an important role in the environment. Ants turn and aerate the soil, allowing water and oxygen to reach plant roots. They have a positive impact.
While growing up, the ants were the only ones who were there for me when I had no friends to talk with, as my apartment doesn't allow for pets and I didn't have the money to maintain aquariums.

I used to be cruel towards ants when I was a kid, but I've since been accomodating them as welcome guests. The ants only become pests if you leave the food out and they're desperate enough to raid a pantry, they're otherwise harmless. But if you're dealing with fire ants, show no mercy.

(03-30-2024, 03:41 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: What purpose do we serve? This planet does not need us to survive. Look at the fig tree and all the life that it supports. So many other species that are so important in the circle of life on this planet. What do we humans bring to the table?
Well, I must point out how human interaction with animals, especially domestic pets, seems to draw out their consciousness.

An user shared this theory with me, although she was no expert, based on her experience of growing up at a farm and a lifetime of interacting with animals:

"I believe there is a possibility for an animals soul to evolve to that of a human, if it receives enough energy during its lifetime > as we love and cherish an animal, it receives that energy... If we take it that animals are part of a collective, and can develop individuality through nurturing, it is possibly because dogs, cats other pet type have so much interaction that the nurtured parts develop and are moulded more towards our souls."

She also had recurring dreams about 2025: https://old.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/w9um9e/anyone_having_weird_dreams_about_2025_or/ihyssfx/

There were users who posted comparison photos of feral strays changed drastically within a year of being adopted. It's also true in reverse: domestic animals who are released into the wild regress back to their old condition, but they still remember their human benefactors.

Whitehead added, "Man sees a future in the present; there is a vision of what can be done with the materials of what is. A dog sees the present as a present and nothing else."

From all this, it follows that man serves to ennoble *physical* matter; the task of an artist is to shape beautiful forms from what exists and immortalize nature in art.
Now the problem is, "Material comes out of the factory ennobled, the workers come out of it debased." We pay more attention to the breeding of animals while being unable to value the lives of people.

RE: Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-30-2024

(03-30-2024, 02:20 PM)MrJesterium Wrote: I would pose another question besides that one: what is man's distinction from the animals?

Alfred North Whitehead once observed, "I dare say the ants and the bees have smoothly working systems, but they do not change. This element of novelty is what makes the difference between man and the animals." Well, that's one of them, but what else?

There is a lot that we can look at in your post. I can't address it all in one post or I will end up with something that challenges the "Remembrance of Things Past".

I will speak to feral animals first because one adopted me no that long ago. I thought it was strange, and even my brother who once was not very fond of cats, has fallen in love with this one. Nebuchadnezzar seems to have that affect on every human that comes in contact with him.

What I think works for him is that he is fearless. He is the tiniest thing in the house at nine pounds, but will not back down from four 55 pound Huskies or a 25 pound and 22 pound Huskicat. He is very vocal, very loyal, and very loving.

What has me looking closer to what is going on, is that more domestic animals are becoming more aggressive, while more wild animals are becoming more docile. 
Quote:Nature is supposed to be red in tooth and claw, and domestication an artificial process for making animals gentle. But it appears that some corners of the animal kingdom are becoming kinder, gentler places. Certain creatures may be domesticating themselves.
https://www.wired.com/2012/02/self-domestication/

Quote:Attacks on humans by carnivorous animals have increased steadily since 1950, as growing human populations in new areas make such incidents more common, according to a study published last week. According to other experts, climate change may also be contributing to increased human-wildlife conflict.
https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/carnivores-attacks-humans-are-becoming-common-climate-change-isnt-help-rcna68998

Living in a rural area, out in the woods, I see wild animals being more docile. I don't think it has as much to do with weather,, out here, as it does with the decrease in natural woodland. They don't have anywhere to go, so they either have to live with the invaders or die.

I think what is happening is that wild animals have adapt to survive, so they will try to cohabit. Some domesticated animals have become "the pretty ones". They are so sure that humans will provide for them, that they actually feel humans are obligated to provide for them, or they become hostile. None of mine have become aggressive with me, because I have never let it get so far that they think that they are the boss. They know who is alpha in this house.

I guess they may both be sharing some personality changes, because I see the same behavior trends in humans.

RE: Just A Thought - MrJesterium - 03-31-2024

Sorry, I tend to get carried away a lot with writing.

(03-30-2024, 05:48 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I will speak to feral animals first because one adopted me no that long ago.
What a curious way to put it, sounds like he changed your life more than you changed his. Your cat sounds like he has developed sympathy beyond man, but also has admirable qualities people are instinctively drawn to.

(03-30-2024, 05:48 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: What has me looking closer to what is going on, is that more domestic animals are becoming more aggressive, while more wild animals are becoming more docile.
Interesting, I had read plenty of predictions about the former behaving that way, but I hadn't heard about the latter behaving docile before.

https://earth-chronicles.com/histori/the-predictions-of-the-monk-ragno-nero.html
I haven't spent a lot of time going through these, some are just too nutty, even for me. As usual, barely anything is known about the monk's actual life. But at least one item on the list stood out to me: "New species of animals will not obey man. Pets become enemies of man, as well study his character and habits."

(03-30-2024, 05:48 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I guess they may both be sharing some personality changes, because I see the same behavior trends in humans.
As regards pets, I came across an interesting theory based on a similar observation that there was a "heightened agitation in humans, both individually and, more so, in crowds". He said that the more negative impressions are absorbed into its "base personality and temperament". When we get agitated, we don't notice how our mood affects our pets.
It ended on this note: "Never forget, if you suffer, they suffer. Some even more so." I have linked this up with a strange dream which conveyed the message "whenever you make a mistake, someone else’s life suffers."

Speaking from personal experience, I have a distinct memory which has never left me, where I was very agitated, but I stopped when I made eye contact with some geese staring at me from across the room through the window. It occurred to me to consider how they must be feeling seeing a normally docile and introverted man behaving this way.

(03-30-2024, 05:48 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Living in a rural area, out in the woods, I see wild animals being more docile.
Yeah, modern science seems to ascribe too much influence to the climate or environment. I think an animal's need to cohabit are indeed factors, but I think this trend should be explained along the lines of a general transitional period, where historic roles are reversed or inverted.

An user who used to document his premonitory dreams shared a very special one: https://old.reddit.com/r/Dreams/comments/tj96o3/low_entropy_dream/ When he asked his reoccurring dream character about what will happen to the universe near the "end", the answer was:
"Everything that is big will become small, everything that is loud will become quiet, everything that is lively will become tired, everything that is clumped together will become spread out evenly."

For instance, in politics we've been seeing women becoming more active, more influential positions, while men are turning contemplative. It's perfectly natural for man to be occupied with ideas. The risk is that he'll end up in a world of plans, being reduced to a drone.
There are contemporary predictions of important women stepping up and playing a role in preventing total collapse. A Buddhist prophecy predicts, "When the Dharma is about to disappear, women will become vigorous and will at all times do deeds of virtue. Men will grow lax and will no longer speak the Dharma."

The Shurangama Sutra also has an interesting clause about the climate, which some insinuate is a modern invention, "The mighty rivers will flood and lose harmony with their natural cycles, yet people will not take notice or feel concern. Extremes of climate will soon be taken for granted."
The scientist Viktor Schauberger provides the corroboration for this. Recently, I was able to unearth similar testimony from antiquity through Tacitus, who gave an account of Roman citizens begging not to go through with damming their rivers:
"Nature had made the best provision for the interests of humanity, when she assigned to rivers their proper mouths — their proper courses — their limits as well as their origins."

(03-30-2024, 05:48 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Some domesticated animals have become "the pretty ones". They are so sure that humans will provide for them, that they actually feel humans are obligated to provide for them, or they become hostile.
Lol there was a scene in Saiki K which captures this smugness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smoia4vyXQc

RE: Just A Thought - Infolurker - 03-31-2024

Just a thought.

Welcome to grade school / basic training.

RE: Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-31-2024

(03-31-2024, 04:39 AM)MrJesterium Wrote: Lol there was a scene in Saiki K which captures this smugness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smoia4vyXQc

I had to laugh at this too. Sometimes I think that my crits be sassing me big time. Especially my Husky Maxx. All of them are mouthy, and have way too much to say, so I don't think that cartoon is too far from wrong.

I could show examples by the boat load of how wild animal are connecting with people, but they seem to connect with children faster ad easier.

(03-31-2024, 04:50 AM)Infolurker Wrote:

Just a thought.

Welcome to grade school / basic training.

I agree. Only problem is that we seem to be very slow learners.

RE: Just A Thought - GeauxHomeLittleD - 03-31-2024

Well if you believe what the Bible says then you know that even after He created the Heavens, the Earth and all of the plants and animals God was still lonely so He created humans to keep Him company. Of course this was before we pissed Him off by breaking key rules and He quit hanging out with us. I imagine that now He just watches us for entertainment- like a novella or Bill Maher!

RE: Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-31-2024

(03-31-2024, 10:09 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Well if you believe what the Bible says then you know that even after He created the Heavens, the Earth and all of the plants and animals God was still lonely so He created humans to keep Him company. Of course this was before we pissed Him off by breaking key rules and He quit hanging out with us. I imagine that now He just watches us for entertainment- like a novella or Bill Maher!

I think most of us have past the entertaining stage. I think we have reached the point where we are about to feel his wrath.

I have always thought, if it is not cute at 12 then it is not cute at 2. My Mom says the only thing that is cute are infants and monkeys. We are long past those stages also. Laughing

RE: Just A Thought - MrJesterium - 04-01-2024

(03-31-2024, 05:36 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 04:39 AM)MrJesterium Wrote: Lol there was a scene in Saiki K which captures this smugness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smoia4vyXQc

I had to laugh at this too. Sometimes I think that my crits be sassing me big time. Especially my Husky Maxx. All of them are mouthy, and have way too much to say, so I don't think that cartoon is too far from wrong.

I could show examples by the boat load of how wild animal are connecting with people, but they seem to connect with children faster and easier.
Funny, I heard the same thing said about artists. Julian spent all his time in the forest with Germanics who spoke crudely yet frankly.

Interesting how the crow only allows the kid to pet him. I interviewed an American hiker who related this story:

"Birds were always interacting with me, and I suspect they were like the gossips of the forest, who would inform all the other animals of my presence. I would visit the dens of rattlesnakes, who never seemed alarmed by me, but if anyone else was near, they were nervous. Birds would even go out of their way to show me where to find berries, which they had no interest in eating themselves, but they knew what I liked."

RE: Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-01-2024

(04-01-2024, 11:54 AM)MrJesterium Wrote: Funny, I heard the same thing said about artists. Julian spent all his time in the forest with Germanics who spoke crudely yet frankly.

Interesting how the crow only allows the kid to pet him. I interviewed an American hiker who related this story:

"Birds were always interacting with me, and I suspect they were like the gossips of the forest, who would inform all the other animals of my presence. I would visit the dens of rattlesnakes, who never seemed alarmed by me, but if anyone else was near, they were nervous. Birds would even go out of their way to show me where to find berries, which they had no interest in eating themselves, but they knew what I liked."

Animals are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. And I do believe that they communicate with each other. I think that the trees communicate also.

It could be sheer coincidence, but 5 years ago, Tamar ran off in the woods. She was just a puppy, she was by herself, and it is over 100 acres in my back 40. After 3 days and no Tamar, I didn't have anything to lose, so I sat down in the woods and had a long talk with the trees.

I told them that she was a puppy, lost, and no clue of how to get home. I asked them to guide her home. About 4 hours later, she came limping out of the woods, all slow, and I could tell she was exhausted and hurting.

Nobody in their right mind actually believes that the trees led her home. Nobody but me. Not sure about the mind part though.

RE: Just A Thought - Schmoe - 04-02-2024

Just a thought.

If it's any consolation, one day, in the very distant future, the Sun will engulf Earth.  Likely a comet or asteroid will do us in before that.  Humans will one day need to find a new home to destroy, if we're doing what we're still doing today.  And if we even last that long without destroying ourselves.  It's crazy to think about.

RE: Just A Thought - MrJesterium - 04-03-2024

(04-01-2024, 06:34 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 11:54 AM)MrJesterium Wrote: Funny, I heard the same thing said about artists. Julian spent all his time in the forest with Germanics who spoke crudely yet frankly.

Animals are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. And I do believe that they communicate with each other. I think that the trees communicate also.

It could be sheer coincidence, but 5 years ago, Tamar ran off in the woods. She was just a puppy, she was by herself, and it is over 100 acres in my back 40. After 3 days and no Tamar, I didn't have anything to lose, so I sat down in the woods and had a long talk with the trees.

I told them that she was a puppy, lost, and no clue of how to get home. I asked them to guide her home. About 4 hours later, she came limping out of the woods, all slow, and I could tell she was exhausted and hurting.

Nobody in their right mind actually believes that the trees led her home. Nobody but me. Not sure about the mind part though.
Yeah, I've been continually surprised by the ants in apartment, they will go to extreme lengths to reach food. Once they ended up in my toaster oven picking up scraps of food until they learned their lesson from being burnt to a crisp (I didn't do this deliberately, I noticed them too late). My family used to store food on top of a cardboard box, one day we noticed they were swarming all over the carpet and climbing up the box, they even managed to tear through plastic packages. I noticed that while shaking the box, they would enter into a cataleptic state (different from just staying still, which is their usual response), don't know if science has inquired about it.

About your puppy, I'm sorry that you had to go through that ordeal of almost losing her. I don't think it was the trees either, but I suppose some unseen beings could've overheard your prayer. Some friends of mine used to speak of trees as if they were people, they felt like they were being caressed by the winds and branches.

On a side note, there were some interesting clips on youtube where tree branches were recorded swinging wildly without any explanation, even during a storm iirc.

It's interesting how some animal species can easily find their way back home over great distances while others can't, at least not while they're young and inexperienced.

RE: Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-09-2024

I am having one of those days.

I refuse to have a pity party but I am feeling a bit disheartened after my therapy today. I saw this video and it really hit me hard. I know exactly how this creature felt.

It also uplifted me a bit, because self doubt can stand in the way of you reaching your greatest heights.

https://fb.watch/rlqJIKAAXW/

It might take a while but I am determined to be where I am supposed to be, when it is my time to get there.

In love

RE: Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-03-2024

They moved from crawling, to baby steps.

If we continue to be willfully blind, their next step is to cut us off at our knees.

Ignoring what is happening in America so we don't have to do anything, is leading us our own demise. America is dying, and America is becoming our prison.

Another reason why they are training our military and police to control and eliminate, if necessary, the people, with impunity.

We know it is coming. The question is, "Do you allow it?" It is time to choose. Feet or knees?

Just something to think about.

RE: Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-05-2024

The American dream is an illusion.

We know we are living a lie. We know we are trapped in a zero sum game.

This guy believes that if the people "knew" this they would fight back.

I think he is more optimistic than I am, and stuck in our delusion.

Hopeful but realistically grounded.

RE: Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-08-2024

They often speak of Florida and Australia as if they were not designed for humans. But I think we can learn a lot from the other residents of the wild.

I think there is a lot of different lessons in this simple short video.

Where should I start?  Sure

Just a thought.

RE: Just A Thought - Bally002 - 05-09-2024

(05-08-2024, 07:55 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: They often speak of Florida and Australia as if they were not designed for humans. But I think we can learn a lot from the other residents of the wild.

I think there is a lot of different lessons in this simple short video.

Where should I start?  Sure

Just a thought.

Yeah, poor little fella.  We've trained our crocs to be hand fed so they don't take to cannibalism.

Otherwise they prefer a diet of seafood, mostly shark.

Problem with that somewhere in the evolution of things led to this bugger -

Flamin thing can survive on land and water.

Lot of nasties downunder.

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: Just A Thought - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-10-2024

(05-09-2024, 12:05 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Flamin thing can survive on land and water.

Lot of nasties downunder.
Kind regards,

Bally)

I think Florida is Australia's twin.

If not twin, it's cousin at least.

Love it