Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The Army has once again cancelled the light attack helicopter - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technology and Advancements (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Forum: Aviation Developments (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+--- Thread: The Army has once again cancelled the light attack helicopter (/showthread.php?tid=1795)

The Army has once again cancelled the light attack helicopter - 727Sky - 02-14-2024

The Army has once again cancelled the light attack helicopter and will supposedly save 5 billion dollars that can be used for drones. 

The fallout from Ukraine is having a serious effect on military doctrine and the future of war fighting as it should.

RE: The Army has once again cancelled the light attack helicopter - Bally002 - 02-14-2024

(02-14-2024, 06:59 AM)727Sky Wrote: The Army has once again cancelled the light attack helicopter and will supposedly save 5 billion dollars that can be used for drones. 

The fallout from Ukraine is having a serious effect on military doctrine and the future of war fighting as it should.

I can see this.  Australia just , really, buried a squadron of Taipan helicopters that Ukraine didn't want.  Ukraine turned it's nose up at the offer of used F18's from Aus.  Took our Bushmasters's. 

Russian speaking english.  "Is good for potato farm"  "hehe, Australians are stupids peoples"  "Who ploughs potato field with Helicopter or Jet."   "Bushmaster is very very good.  Has video player with girl ones and tractors."

Instead of burying an F18 or Taipan can I have them for garden ornaments and I'd use a bushmaster on the farm too.  Eff Ukraine.  

Drones are outside my expertise in turnip field.  Thimpkin in my head like Ukrainee.

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: The Army has once again cancelled the light attack helicopter - GeauxHomeLittleD - 02-14-2024

Personally I have been waiting since the late 80s for countries to just each send a giant manned robot to duke it out to settle disputes with other countries- just makes more sense!

RE: The Army has once again cancelled the light attack helicopter - SomeJackleg - 02-14-2024

(02-14-2024, 04:35 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Personally I have been waiting since the late 80s for countries to just each send a giant manned robot to duke it out to settle disputes with other countries- just makes more sense!

your post made me think of this movie,

from the movie youtube description ,
Quote:Gallery, a U.S. commando, and Yuro, an enemy commando, are sent to a no man's Pacific jungle island to capture a crashed U.S. space satellite. Whoever survives, wins. Their nations have agreed to this to avoid war, but they cheat. The Challenge is a 1970 made-for-television movie war film starring Darren McGavin and Mako. Director George McCowan chose to hide his involvement by using the pseudonym Alan Smithee (spelled Allen Smithee in the credits). This was the last film appearance of Paul Lukas.

RE: The Army has once again cancelled the light attack helicopter - F2d5thCav - 02-15-2024

727Sky--

Charlie wondered why we called them "Light Fire Teams".

I think you understand the reference, winkies ...

Cheers