Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! (/showthread.php?tid=1787)

Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - EndtheMadnessNow - 02-11-2024

I recently heard that William Shatner's version of Captain Kirk has quietly been "canceled".

[Image: wkEJIvj.gif]

RE: Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - kdog - 02-11-2024

Shatner and the character of James T Kirk is so ingrained in the franchise of Star Trek, they could never erase him. I'm a die hard fan of the series and movies and watch some form of Star Trek weekly.

RE: Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - Snarl - 02-11-2024

(02-11-2024, 05:00 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: I recently heard that William Shatner's version of Captain Kirk has quietly been "canceled".

They're getting rid of ... or ruining ... every thing they can from the past.

This is the biggest hint at a future transformation (we're not being told about) there is.

If they can't 'get rid of it' ... they change the race of the character leads ... or they bend genders ... anything to throw off the memory of what was.

The effort is most pronounced at the Disney Studios. People say they're losing billions doing this, but I don't believe they're losing anything at all. None of these 'media companies' have gone out of business while I wasn't looking, have they?

RE: Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - Ninurta - 02-11-2024

(02-11-2024, 07:09 PM)Snarl Wrote: If they can't 'get rid of it' ... they change the race of the character leads ... or they bend genders ... anything to throw off the memory of what was.

Or both, as in the case of the new black female Dr. Who.

Paramount and I have a history of mutual combat, so I don't watch much of anything Paramount any more. Piss on 'em if they don't want me watching their crap - so far, I've not missed much. Star Trek pretty much ended for me after the original series. I don't watch any of the new crap their pushing out, especially if it involves me shelling out any pennies to Paramount.

The last straw with paramount came a few years ago. I had downloaded some 10 year old obscure comedy that had Busty Heart in it, a movie no one had ever heard of, and watched it. I watched it because Busty recommended it to me as her shot at the silver screen. She still runs a roadside club in Turtle Point, PA, just east of Bradford. It was so obscure that I couldn't find a DVD of it or find it streaming anywhere, so I just downloaded it, which was the only way I could find it to watch at all. In those days, I'd find something to watch, download it, then watch it and erase it to make room for the next movie to watch. Paramount was monitoring my video connection apparently, and sent me a nasty letter insisting I delete what I'd already deleted, so I was done with paramount at that point. Fuck 'em - there are plenty of other companies out there who don't mind if I watch their stuff.

The original series was a Desilu production, so I'm ok with watching it if I catch it on TV, but none of the Paramount-produced stuff crosses my screen. Otherwise, if I see a Paramount splash screen on anything, I turn it off immediately and find something else to watch.

My son did recommend some new ST series to me, but I watched a couple episodes, realized the hero was a heroine, a black girl exercising loads of "grrrl pwr", and stopped watching it. She seemed to have a way of pulling victory out of the ass of extreme fuckups, and that was just a bridge too far for me.

Kirk and Spock didn't have to have extreme fuckups designed to cover their gender/race/species. They didn't have to jump through hoops to pull victory out the jaws of incompetence. They just ventured forth, kicked ass, and took names.

RE: Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - kdog - 02-11-2024

Quote:My son did recommend some new ST series to me, but I watched a couple episodes, realized the hero was a heroine, a black girl exercising loads of "grrrl pwr", and stopped watching it. She seemed to have a way of pulling victory out of the ass of extreme fuckups, and that was just a bridge too far for me.

That must have been the new woke series. I don't watch that one.

RE: Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - SomeJackleg - 02-12-2024

Quote:Ninurta

My son did recommend some new ST series to me, but I watched a couple episodes, realized the hero was a heroine, a black girl exercising loads of "grrrl pwr", and stopped watching it. She seemed to have a way of pulling victory out of the ass of extreme fuckups, and that was just a bridge too far for me..

that was probably star trek discovery,  as kdog said below it's to woke. most of every episode they spend half or more of them dealing with each and every one of the crews wokeness and not enough time dealing with the trekin. i had to quit watching it. except for the 2nd season when i found out Anson Mount was going to be the captain for a bit.
i mean come on, you can tell a story without going into everyone of the crews wokeness, and showing a bunch unnecessary DEI bullshit.

i read discovery is going to end this year after 5 seasons i think it is. 

now one you'd probably like is Star Trek Strange New Worlds, which is about Captain Christopher Pike's Enterprise with Anson Mount as Pike. it is closer to the style of the older Star Trek series and not a woke soap opera. only two 10 episode seasons so far, and the third in production.

just to let people know if they don't already, the H & I network runs all all the old Star Trek series in order six nights a week
Sunday through Friday, starting with Star Trek, Star Trek Next Gen, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, and Enterprise. i usually have it playing in the back ground while surfing the boards and not streaming something else.

RE: Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - Infolurker - 02-13-2024

Look... we need to make the new Star Trek in the image of modern day times.

The next Kirk must be a woman of color or gay... maybe both.

Also, the woman can do everything better than her male counterparts and the role must be cast to someone who cannot smile or look nice... we need a woman with a permanent scowl or snarl who demands to talk to the Manager every episode. Kind of like the woman in "Rings Of Power"

Smile  Captain Sisko was the bestest Captain.

RE: Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - Bally002 - 02-13-2024

(02-13-2024, 02:25 AM)Infolurker Wrote: Look... we need to make the new Star Trek in the image of modern day times.

Also, the woman can do everything better than her male counterparts and the role must be cast to someone who cannot smile or look nice... we need a woman with a permanent scowl or snarl who demands to talk to the Manager every episode. Kind of like the woman in "Rings Of Power"

"Captain KAREN"  Instils fear and/or terror into the hearts of those all willing to go where no man has gone before.

BallySmile

RE: Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - kdog - 02-13-2024

(02-13-2024, 05:06 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 02:25 AM)Infolurker Wrote: Look... we need to make the new Star Trek in the image of modern day times.

"Captain KAREN"  Instils fear and/or terror into the hearts of those all willing to go where no man has gone before.

BallySmile

[Image: WdCukEG.jpg]

RE: Paramount Is TERRIFIED Of Captain Kirk! - Bally002 - 02-13-2024

(02-13-2024, 05:45 AM)kdog Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 05:06 AM)Bally002 Wrote:

BallySmile

[Image: WdCukEG.jpg]

Mind blown @"kdog"#26 .   Should be a banner.  Did you make that pic?  It's a beauty mate.

Showed 'true love' and we pissed ourselves laughing.

You're a champ mate,

kind regards,

BallySmile