Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
LOL - Massachusetts Officials Pleading with Private Homeowners to Take in Illegals - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Hot Button Issues (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: LOL - Massachusetts Officials Pleading with Private Homeowners to Take in Illegals (/showthread.php?tid=1691)

LOL - Massachusetts Officials Pleading with Private Homeowners to Take in Illegals - Infolurker - 01-16-2024

Why not? What could go wrong?

https://www.newsweek.com/massachusetts-asks-citizens-house-migrants-state-emergency-1819129

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2024/01/14/massachusetts-officials-pleading-private-homeowners-take-illegal-aliens/

Quote:The state of Massachusetts is asking private homeowners to take in illegal aliens as the state runs out of room to house the thousands of border crossers who are still flooding into the Bay State.

Massachusetts is the only state that has a state-wide “right to housing” rule for homeless families. And with that rule in mind, Massachusetts Gov. Maura Healey (D) has repeatedly asked legal residents to open up their homes to illegal immigrants for whom officials are having a hard time finding beds.

Healey declared a “state of emergency” over the influx of illegal aliens in August, saying in her declaration, “There are currently nearly 5,600 families or more than 20,000 individuals in state shelter, including children and pregnant women.”

One solution Healey and her allies have suggested is housing migrants in private homes.

Days after Healey’s declaration, Lt. Gov. Kim Driscoll (D) told the state, “Most importantly, if you have an extra room or suite in your home, please consider hosting a family. Housing and shelter is our most pressing need and become a sponsor family.”

Boston Herald columnist Howie Carr raised the alarm over the state’s move to push illegal immigrants into people’s homes, and he especially worries about the safety of homeowners who were being asked to take in unknown, unidentified, and unvetted illegals.

“Joe Biden et al. have turned what was a decent, if woke neighborhood, into a Bidenville. The illegals are up all night, driving their unregistered scooters everywhere. Needles litter the gutters. The illegals are harassing young American girls and ‘verbally abusing’ adults,”Carr noted in an August op-ed.

This prompted Carr to ask, “Can the residents of, say, Dover or Weston choose between a MS-13 gangbanger and a member of Los Trinitarios?” as he bashed the liberal areas of the state for cheering as illegal aliens are placed in the middle and low-income neighborhoods.

RE: LOL - Massachusetts Officials Pleading with Private Homeowners to Take in Illegals - Ninurta - 01-16-2024

What could possibly go wrong indeed! Does anyone recall what the New York hotels they were housing illegals in looked like at the end of the day, every day? Now transfer that scene to private homes all over Massachusetts...

I'm glad they're not sending the illegals here in droves. I can't step high enough to step over the body piles that would be created, especially when they got to harassing young girls and mouthing off at older - but very armed - folks!

RE: LOL - Massachusetts Officials Pleading with Private Homeowners to Take in Illegals - ancientlight - 01-16-2024

Call me shocked. The 'rules for thee but not for me 1%ers' are at it again.  Pushing pondscum on law-abiding citizens for no pay, no assurance of safety, etc. It's pure insanity!  Rest assured they will keep pushing this as this promotes 'equality'  OK

RE: LOL - Massachusetts Officials Pleading with Private Homeowners to Take in Illegals - Chiefsmom - 01-16-2024

This would be the time for all those "sanctuary" citizens to put their homes were their mouths are.

I'm going to guess though, that not too many are actually going to open their homes.

It would be a big "hell no" from me, if I lived there.

RE: LOL - Massachusetts Officials Pleading with Private Homeowners to Take in Illegals - Snarl - 01-18-2024

Why doesn't she round them up and put them on an island ?? ... Martha's Vineyard springs to mind.

RE: LOL - Massachusetts Officials Pleading with Private Homeowners to Take in Illegals - GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-18-2024

Maybe something, maybe not...

Two years ago I had a dream that there were Chinese and Mexican soldiers everywhere and they were forcing people to move in together (strangers) all depending on the square footage of houses and apartments at gunpoint. My BFF and I decided to move our families in together to prevent being forced to house with strangers.

Don't know what we would do if the dream became reality as my BFF passed in March, I guess maybe head down south and hole up with relatives rather than strangers or go out in a blaze of glory.

RE: LOL - Massachusetts Officials Pleading with Private Homeowners to Take in Illegals - Schmoe - 01-18-2024

LOL.  Pleading, but not paying, apparently.  I guess we really are watching the downfall of the US as we knew it.  Cities will only get worse.

Why are we even allowing these illegals to come here?  Because they're trying to escape their shit hole government/country?  Ok then, why aren't we pulling a 'Merica, and going in, wiping out the government, and giving these people their freedom?  Did we ship Iraqis here by the hundred thousand when Saddam had to go?