Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
ATS Getting Spammed - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: ATS Getting Spammed (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

ATS Getting Spammed - sailorsam - 01-11-2024

entities calling themselves 'axemom' and 'hatnews' are spamming ATS

hopefully removed soon.

get a life, people.

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - SomeJackleg - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 01:38 PM)sailorsam Wrote: entities calling themselves 'axemom' and 'hatnews' are spamming ATS

hopefully removed soon.

get a life, people.

it's been a a regular thing for at least one spammer, there was a time that every other day, every thread on the recent page was one spammer.

since the hack /lack of maintenance / intentional crash there has been a increase of spam. wouldn't surprise me none if it was being done for ulterior motives and not for malicious intent.

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - Leftiris - 01-11-2024

I noticed this as well.

Did anyone try clicking on the links? I was curious as to what was on the other side of that. No way I was clicking on'em tho.

(01-11-2024, 02:08 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 01:38 PM)sailorsam Wrote: entities calling themselves 'axemom' and 'hatnews' are spamming ATS

hopefully removed soon.

get a life, people.

it's been a a regular thing for at least one spammer, there was a time that every other day, every thread on the recent page was one spammer.

since the hack /lack of maintenance / intentional crash there has been a increase of spam. wouldn't surprise me none if it was being done for ulterior motives and not for malicious intent.

It's like that whole site changed, imo. The content on there has changed drastically, as well as the demeanor of it all. 

It's as if, a new owner came aboard and shifted the agenda
 It's far less conspiracy, and much more political ideology in nature. Just people bitching and arguing over the same political garbage. That seems to be the main agenda.

Nothing even remotely ground breaking anymore.

(01-11-2024, 02:24 PM)Leftiris Wrote: I noticed this as well.

Did anyone try clicking on the links? I was curious as to what was on the other side of that. No way I was clicking on'em tho.

(01-11-2024, 02:08 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote:

hopefully removed soon.

get a life, people.

It's like that whole site changed, imo. The content on there has changed drastically, as well as the demeanor of it all. 

It's as if, a new owner came aboard and shifted the agenda
 It's far less conspiracy, and much more political ideology in nature. Just people bitching and arguing over the same political garbage. That seems to be the main agenda.

Nothing even remotely ground breaking anymore.

your right, it has. but i see it as a shift in the political ideology from conservative, moderate right and left to dummycrat/woke libtards, and fake phony ass UFO stuff.

they killed the mud pit to try and get away from conservative, moderate right and left views. but it didn't work that well. people started leaving then, but there were diehards that would not stop, so post removals and bans started happening, then the hack /lack of maintenance / intentional crash, and even more stopped going to the site and more and more drive by fake accounts popping up.

i firmly believe that it's an intentional attempt to kill the site.

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - Leftiris - 01-11-2024

Quote:i firmly believe that it's an intentional attempt to kill the site.

It's working.

(01-11-2024, 02:53 PM)Leftiris Wrote:
Quote:i firmly believe that it's an intentional attempt to kill the site.

It's working.

true dat. OK

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-11-2024

We get the occasional spammer here as well but fortunately our mods are on that shit like ticks on a hound. In the rare instance that they keep on spamming after being warned about it- Poof! They disappear! 

Spam is for frying and putting on a sandwich!

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - Ninurta - 01-12-2024

Does anyone know what is being spammed there? Is it purely commercial links to sell crap? Is it political posts to promote a specific ideology? Is it links that most folks "just can't pass up" that might be downloading malicious scripts like trackers, keyloggers and RATs onto their computers?

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - sailorsam - 01-12-2024

(01-12-2024, 01:42 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Does anyone know what is being spammed there? Is it purely commercial links to sell crap? Is it political posts to promote a specific ideology? Is it links that most folks "just can't pass up" that might be downloading malicious scripts like trackers, keyloggers and RATs onto their computers?

I usually don't click on the links but apparently they are selling stuff.
one of them had some soap blurb in the address.  'gethissoapwhileitstilllegal' or whatever.

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - xuenchen - 01-12-2024

They're getting slaughtered today roflolz

[Image: USV5.gif]

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - Stonerwilliam - 01-13-2024

(01-12-2024, 02:48 AM)sailorsam Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 01:42 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Does anyone know what is being spammed there? Is it purely commercial links to sell crap? Is it political posts to promote a specific ideology? Is it links that most folks "just can't pass up" that might be downloading malicious scripts like trackers, keyloggers and RATs onto their computers?

I usually don't click on the links but apparently they are selling stuff.
one of them had some soap blurb in the address.  'gethissoapwhileitstilllegal' or whatever.

I think they are pulling the mickey with that one as a reference to fight club and a behind the scene fight ?  .

Ai is being used in this action IMHO it seems someone might have taken their team of bots with them when they left given the connections they had to the 3 letter boys and the term hellban https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_banning
There is a war going on

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - yuppa - 01-16-2024

Apparently Spammers seem to be hacking the site as in pages are hard to load now.

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - Chiefsmom - 01-16-2024

The ones I have seen always have the same site address posted.  Someone said it is a virus or something.

I suggested a throat punch, for the author of the thread would be a good idea.   But I've seen several of the same link, every day for a couple of days.

RE: ATS Getting Spammed - Ninurta - 01-16-2024

(01-16-2024, 07:59 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: The ones I have seen always have the same site address posted.  Someone said it is a virus or something.

I suggested a throat punch, for the author of the thread would be a good idea.   But I've seen several of the same link, every day for a couple of days.

Yup, gotta be careful with links. A bad actor - say, a hacker group or 3-letter agency - can set up a website that may or may not actually deliver anything, like advertising or alleged news, but within the code of that site they may place a script that downloads a RAT (Remote Access Terminal) to your computer. It doesn't have to be big, all it has to do is open a door through your browser that gives them a little control over your computer. Once they have that wee bit of control, they can use it to download bigger, more "useful" programs to your computer.

One those bigger programs are loaded onto your computer, they can be set to start whenever your computer starts, and "phone home" to notify the attacker that a)you are online (or your computer is), and b)what your current IP address is so they can connect their remote client to a local server they've installed on your computer.

Once connected, they can ransack your computer, steal ANYTHING that is stored on it, or download more nefarious things to your computer, like keyloggers which log all of your keystrokes, on or off line, and upload the logs of your keystrokes back to the attacker on a regular basis, whenever you get online and open the pipeline

Effectively, it gives them full control of your computer, as if they were sitting at your keyboard themselves... and it can all be done quietly, without any notification to you that anything is going on at all.

So beware random "advertising" links or those blasted "shortened" links, especially in e-mails or on "conspiracy" sites, because those are the very sorts of folks that a 3-letter agency might want to target. Link shorteners are often used to mask the true destination of a link click until it is too late and the RAT is already downloaded.

It's why I have disabled my browsers from running scripts automatically on this computer. I want to know what I'm getting before I get it, not after it's too late.

It's a scary cyber-world out there!