Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Less than 1% of Illinois gun owners register banned weapons as deadline passes - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: Government Corruption Exposed (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Less than 1% of Illinois gun owners register banned weapons as deadline passes (/showthread.php?tid=1637)

Less than 1% of Illinois gun owners register banned weapons as deadline passes - Infolurker - 01-04-2024

LOL...

Awesome! That is better than Canada numbers! 

Less than 1% of Illinois gun owners register banned weapons as deadline passes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/less-than-1-of-illinois-gun-owners-register-banned-weapons-as-deadline-passes/ar-AA1mmHVR

Quote:Monday, January 1st, 2024, was the deadline for Illinois residents who own any of 170 “assault-style weapons” banned under law to register them with the state police.

Anyone who fails to register their guns could be charged with a Class 2 felony.
According to the Illinois State Police, as of this week, about 15,100 of Illinois’ 2.4 million Firearm Owners Identification card holders (less than 1%) had registered their weapons.
Registration opened on October 1st. The affidavit can be found under the owner’s Firearm Owners Identifcation Card account on the Illinois State Police website.
Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed the Protect Illinois Communities Act on January 10th in response to the shooting deaths of seven at the Fourth of July parade in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park, where 30 were also injured.
The Protect Illinois Communities Act bans the future sale of semi-automatic pistols, shotguns, and rifles because they are now considered assault weapons. Long-gun magazines with more than 10 rounds and handgun magazines with more than 15 rounds are also now illegal in Illinois.
The ban includes exceptions for certain individuals, such as active and retired law enforcement, active military, prison guards, and private security.
status hearing for a case challenging the constitutionality of the ban has been set for January 4th.

RE: Less than 1% of Illinois gun owners register banned weapons as deadline passes - Snarl - 01-04-2024

This is good.

When cops try to enforce their unconstitutional laws (anyone with an iota of common sense understands 'infringement'), then everyone will 'see' that cops work for the state. They don't work for the people. And they steal our wages to pay the cops.

I guess 99% of gun owners in Illinois are starting to see.

RE: Less than 1% of Illinois gun owners register banned weapons as deadline passes - Ninurta - 01-04-2024

(01-04-2024, 02:18 AM)Infolurker Wrote: LOL...

Awesome! That is better than Canada numbers! 

Less than 1% of Illinois gun owners register banned weapons as deadline passes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/less-than-1-of-illinois-gun-owners-register-banned-weapons-as-deadline-passes/ar-AA1mmHVR

Quote:The Protect Illinois Communities Act bans the future sale of semi-automatic pistols, shotguns, and rifles because they are now considered assault weapons. Long-gun magazines with more than 10 rounds and handgun magazines with more than 15 rounds are also now illegal in Illinois.

The ban includes exceptions for certain individuals, such as active and retired law enforcement, active military, prison guards, and private security.

status hearing for a case challenging the constitutionality of the ban has been set for January 4th.

I worked for several years as armed "private security", and I'm here to tell you right now that any "ban" that has exceptions to it, any exceptions at all, is not a "ban", it's an attempt to stack the deck against the people of a place, an attempt to convert them from citizens to serfs.

It's very clearly an effort to create classes of persons, a favored class and a slave class.

There is no provision in the Second Amendment to create an armed and a disarmed class concurrently. That's actually why the Second Amendment was included in the Constitution, because the British Crown attempted to create a disarmed class of serfs overseen by an armed class of favored militant brigands.

Therefore, ANY law that attempts to disarm you, or enforce arms inferior to whatever the military and police have on you, is, by definition, unconstitutional.

Good on the folks of Illinois who insist on remaining citizens rather than being converted to slaves! When a government passes a law that none of the citizens are disposed to obey, it is unenforceable, of null effect.

A similar thing happened in New Jersey a few years ago, when they attempted to ban "high capacity" (actually standard capacity) magazines. As I recall, I read somewhere that state-wide, only 80 magazines or so were turned in.

Illinois "laws" would negate almost every one of my guns, were I to obey them - which I would not be disposed to do. Of my magazine fed weapons, none but ONE of the magazines fall within their capacity limits - a 10 round magazine for a .22 rifle. Even my pistol is engineered to carry more than 15 rounds - 17 rounds is the smallest magazine I can get for it. My AR is engineered for 30 round magazines, although I do have one 20-rounder for bench shooting (it's short enough that it doesn't become a monopod on the bench or from the prone).

So, if they tried any of their bans here, I'd have to just ignore them, or else my firearms would just be expensive paperweights or clubs. It's not even a matter of what I'd like to do, it's a matter of what I'd HAVE to do, in order to survive.

Survival trumps law every damned time. In a contest between the two, you KNOW which one is going to win if the survivor has any say in it.

RE: Less than 1% of Illinois gun owners register banned weapons as deadline passes - Snarl - 01-05-2024

(01-04-2024, 06:43 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm here to tell you right now that any "ban" that has exceptions to it, any exceptions at all, is not a "ban", it's an attempt to stack the deck against the people of a place, an attempt to convert them from citizens to serfs.

Yep. Only two classes of people shouldn't be allowed to have guns in their possession:
1. People behind bars (if you get out of jail ... you've paid what you owe ... start packin'). I actually think the judge who sentenced a criminal to jail-time should be forced to hand the perp a loaded weapon within the first ten steps of freedom. Laughing
2. Non-citizens