Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Biden's NTSB Wants To Install Speed-Limiting Devices On All New Cars And Trucks - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: Political news and more (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Biden's NTSB Wants To Install Speed-Limiting Devices On All New Cars And Trucks (/showthread.php?tid=1494)

Biden's NTSB Wants To Install Speed-Limiting Devices On All New Cars And Trucks - Infolurker - 11-17-2023

I am sure it will auto ticket you as well.

1984 indeed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/feds-want-to-install-speed-limiting-devices-on-all-new-cars-and-trucks/ar-AA1k21gK

Quote:National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is urging automakers to implement anti-speeding technology in all new cars and trucks.

"We know the key to saving lives is redundancy, which can protect all of us from human error that occurs on our roads. What we lack is the collective will to act on NTSB safety recommendations."

In response to the findings, the NTSB recommended 17 major automakers install intelligent speed-assistance (ISA) technology in all new vehicles, which should, at the very least, warn speeding drivers.

The ISA tech utilizes a car's GPS, a database of speed limits, and onboard cameras to ensure compliance with legal speeds. It could range from passive systems that only warn drivers via haptic, visual, and audible alerts to active systems that prevent them from speeding at all.
The mandatory ISA tech in vehicles is also under consideration in the European Union, a motion that dates back to 2019.

The NTSB also called on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to mandate speed-limiting technology in new vehicles and educate the public on its benefits. The NHTSA should incentivize the adoption of ISA tech through the New Car Assessment Program, as well as identify repeat speeding offenders and develop a way to stop them.

Meanwhile, the NTSB called on all 50 states, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia to implement ways to identify repeat speeding offenders. New York has already announced a similar move earlier this year.
The NTSB also urged the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) to join in on the cause, particularly with brand marketing that emphasizes speeding. The agency has previously expressed its intention to lower speed limits due to increasing vehicle weights, particularly in the age of electrification.

RE: Biden's NTSB Wants To Install Speed-Limiting Devices On All New Cars And Trucks - xuenchen - 11-17-2023

Getting more nit-picky by the day now

Smile

RE: Biden's NTSB Wants To Install Speed-Limiting Devices On All New Cars And Trucks - Ninurta - 11-18-2023

I think most folks are familiar with my steadfast refusal to use any version of Windows beyond Windows 7. The reason for that is that EVERY version of Windows beyond Windows 7gives de facto ownership and control of my computer, bought with MY money, to Microsoft, who pays me nothing for it's use (since they own it if it runs one of those OS's), and they then have the temerity to charge me for the shackles to enslave me - i.e. any Windows OS beyond Windows 7. ALL of them, in addition to wresting control of YOUR computer from YOU, who paid for it, also have spyware built-in to the operating system.

And on top of all that, there is NO way to turn off the spyware or regain ownership of your own computer if you are using one of them.

Now Microsoft is even requiring that thief module on your motherboard to be activated if you run one of those late-model Windows systems, so that you can't even remove the OS and install a better one.

So for all those reasons, I will not, ever, use any Windows operating system beyond Windows 7.

It's the same for this madness. If the Feds want to own, control, and operate my car like that, then I don't need one of those machines. They're not going to wrest control of MY car from me unless THEY are paying for it, for the upkeep of it, and for the gas to operate it.

So, I just won't buy any vehicles made after the theft cutoff date, just like I don't buy computers with theivin' operating systems on them.

RE: Biden's NTSB Wants To Install Speed-Limiting Devices On All New Cars And Trucks - p358 - 11-18-2023

Those that want to speed will find a way to defeat the hardware, that is always the way.

The rest will have their cars nobbled.

Preventing higher speeds will make overtaking a dangerous nightmare for drivers.

There are times when going over the limit for short distances is actually necessary.

But that would complicate the law and the powers that be want the law simple so they can prosecute easily to add to their score-card.

PSmile

RE: Biden's NTSB Wants To Install Speed-Limiting Devices On All New Cars And Trucks - SomeJackleg - 11-18-2023

(11-17-2023, 02:32 AM)Infolurker Wrote: I am sure it will auto ticket you as well.

1984 indeed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/feds-want-to-install-speed-limiting-devices-on-all-new-cars-and-trucks/ar-AA1k21gK

Quote:National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is urging automakers to implement anti-speeding technology in all new cars and trucks.

"We know the key to saving lives is redundancy, which can protect all of us from human error that occurs on our roads. What we lack is the collective will to act on NTSB safety recommendations."

In response to the findings, the NTSB recommended 17 major automakers install intelligent speed-assistance (ISA) technology in all new vehicles, which should, at the very least, warn speeding drivers.

The ISA tech utilizes a car's GPS, a database of speed limits, and onboard cameras to ensure compliance with legal speeds. It could range from passive systems that only warn drivers via haptic, visual, and audible alerts to active systems that prevent them from speeding at all.
The mandatory ISA tech in vehicles is also under consideration in the European Union, a motion that dates back to 2019.

The NTSB also called on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to mandate speed-limiting technology in new vehicles and educate the public on its benefits. The NHTSA should incentivize the adoption of ISA tech through the New Car Assessment Program, as well as identify repeat speeding offenders and develop a way to stop them.

Meanwhile, the NTSB called on all 50 states, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia to implement ways to identify repeat speeding offenders. New York has already announced a similar move earlier this year.
The NTSB also urged the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) to join in on the cause, particularly with brand marketing that emphasizes speeding. The agency has previously expressed its intention to lower speed limits due to increasing vehicle weights, particularly in the age of electrification.

time for Sammy

RE: Biden's NTSB Wants To Install Speed-Limiting Devices On All New Cars And Trucks - Cvastar - 11-18-2023

Doubtless unavoidable

RE: Biden's NTSB Wants To Install Speed-Limiting Devices On All New Cars And Trucks - Snarl - 11-18-2023

Best thing to do at this point is simply disband the entire government.