Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Something to think about for all the Trump haters - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: Political news and more (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Something to think about for all the Trump haters (/showthread.php?tid=1491)

Something to think about for all the Trump haters - 727Sky - 11-16-2023

As a person I did not like Trump all that much, as New Yorker's speech patterns get on my nerves... However His (Trump's) pilots thought the world of him which is not always the case for a corporate pilot so at least there is that. One thing I did like about his presidency was the way the country was being managed; unlike the disaster we all see now.. You can stop after what Joe has to say or continue to listen...

RE: Something to think about for all the Trump haters - NightskyeB4Dawn - 11-16-2023

(11-16-2023, 12:27 PM)727Sky Wrote: As a person I did not like Trump all that much, as New Yorker's speech patterns get on my nerves... However His (Trump's) pilots thought the world of him which is not always the case for a corporate pilot so at least there is that. One thing I did like about his presidency was the way the country was being managed; unlike the disaster we all see now.. You can stop after what Joe has to say or continue to listen...

I spent a long time last night talking in fellowship with some great friends. There was about 12 of us. We were extremely diverse and represented a large sample of world views.

I truly enjoyed the sharing of our thoughts and ideas, and I learned something very important.

When you share your world views, the only thing that you are doing is stating what you think and believe. If you are uncertain, then you may be able to take away some knowledge and may develop new beliefs, if what you are told aligns with what you already believe, but no one walks away having changed what they already believe. 

Life experiences may create a pause, a void of uncertainty, or completely change what you believe, but it is truly a rare occurrence that one changes what they believe to be true, simply because of what someone declares as a truth. Unless they greatly trust and admire the person that is trying to persuade them that their beliefs are faulty. 

If you listen closely to what Rogan is saying, he stresses that most people believe Trump because how things "looked'. Not necessarily of how things actually were or are. 

People that love Trump will see him dressed in ermine. Those that are not fond of Trump will see him as a naked ass. 

Beliefs are personal. It is hard to see clearly when you have the sun shining in your eyes and you are surrounded by darkness. Both situations leave you blind.

RE: Something to think about for all the Trump haters - Grace - 11-16-2023

(11-16-2023, 12:27 PM)727Sky Wrote: You can stop after what Joe has to say or continue to listen.

I disagree that Trump is a lock. I was a hardcore supporter of Trump from 2015 forward, and while I was happy with Trump policies and accomplishments in office I'm not voting for him this time - at least not in the primary.

Trump's age is a huge factor for real. He could just plain drop dead at any point and we simply have to trust that if that happens will we be happy with whoever Trump's compromise pick for VP ends up being ..

If we can't go forward as a nation with another, younger candidate we will never go forward... Ever.

We simply cannot put our eggs in the elderly man basket.

In the primary my vote will go to Ramaswamy. If Trump manages to win the primary I'll vote for him in the general, but I'm not happy that he's even running - he should play kingmaker right now. It's his ego that's causing him to run and in this election it's a detriment to us all...

RE: Something to think about for all the Trump haters - NightskyeB4Dawn - 11-16-2023

(11-16-2023, 01:10 PM)Grace Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 12:27 PM)727Sky Wrote: You can stop after what Joe has to say or continue to listen.

I disagree that Trump is a lock. I was a hardcore supporter of Trump from 2015 forward, and while I was happy with Trump policies and accomplishments in office I'm not voting for him this time - at least not in the primary.

Trump's age is a huge factor for real. He could just plain drop dead at any point and we simply have to trust that if that happens will we be happy with whoever Trump's compromise pick for VP ends up being ..

If we can't go forward as a nation with another, younger candidate we will never go forward... Ever.

We simply cannot put our eggs in the elderly man basket.

In the primary my vote will go to Ramaswamy. If Trump manages to win the primary I'll vote for him in the general, but I'm not happy that he's even running - he should play kingmaker right now. It's his ego that's causing him to run and in this election it's a detriment to us all...

Time for us Boomers to get out of the way.