Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? (/showthread.php?tid=148)

What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - Sol - 12-05-2022

This idea comes from @"NightskyeB4Dawn"#10  who mentioned that Christmas must look a little different, depending on where we live, and Rogues are all over the world.

I invite you to take pictures of what Christmas looks like, where you live, from your part of the world.

Real pics from your camera or cell phone camera, not pictures from the net or from a google search.

We will insert those pictures in the Holidays Banners that will start going up a week before Xmas.

It can be pictures of:

• Your Christmas tree
  • Your indoor deco
  • Your outdoor deco
  • Your windows deco
  • Your neighborhood deco
  • A mall deco
  • Your city's deco
  • Something you'd find original

You choose. As many as you want. Insert your pictures in this thread and just mention which part of the world the picture is from.

I will participate in this and look forward to seeing yours !!!

Sol.

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-05-2022

While we wait for pics...

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - NightskyeB4Dawn - 12-05-2022

(12-05-2022, 12:43 AM)Sol Wrote: This idea comes from @"NightskyeB4Dawn"#10  who mentioned that Christmas must look a little different, depending on where we live, and Rogues are all over the world.

I invite you to take pictures of what Christmas looks like, where you live, from your part of the world.

Real pics from your camera or cell phone camera, not pictures from the net or from a google search.

We will insert those pictures in the Holidays Banners that will start going up a week before Xmas.

It can be pictures of:

• Your Christmas tree
  • Your indoor deco
  • Your outdoor deco
  • Your windows deco
  • Your neighborhood deco
  • A mall deco
  • Your city's deco
  • Something you'd find original

You choose. As many as you want. Insert your pictures in this thread and just mention which part of the world the picture is from.

I will participate in this and look forward to seeing yours !!!

Sol.

I live in the country but that does not mean my neighbors do not go all out. Acres of Christmas spirit.

This is just one. And trust me when I say the gloves come off around here and the competition is fierce.  Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/1334878142/videos/502577365174556/

Will send some personal pics after dark tomorrow.

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - VioletDove - 12-05-2022

We took my mom to see lights last night. Hopefully we'll go to the walkthrough lights again this year so I can add more. Would have had more pics but my brother needs to clean his windshield 

[Image: HCMzvKg.jpg]

[Image: HCMzgHv.jpg]

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - Nightskyeb4dawn2 - 12-05-2022

(12-05-2022, 03:27 AM)VioletDove Wrote: We took my mom to see lights last night. Hopefully we'll go to the walkthrough lights again this year so I can add more. Would have had more pics but my brother needs to clean his windshield 

[Image: HCMzvKg.jpg]

[Image: HCMzgHv.jpg]

Looks like you don't live far from me.  Smile

Right after Thanksgiving, the Battle Royale begins, and since the majority of the homeowners out here, on average, have 1 to 10 acres, and because it has gone on for years, the displays get bigger every year.

I can't keep up, so I just stick a menorah in the window.  In love

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - VioletDove - 12-05-2022

@"Nightskyeb4dawn2"#27 I’m kind of the same but it’s because way out where I live we don’t decorate because nobody ever sees it. I don’t even put a tree up. I just enjoy the fruits of everyone else’s labor.

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - Nightskyeb4dawn2 - 12-05-2022

(12-05-2022, 03:49 AM)VioletDove Wrote: @"Nightskyeb4dawn2"#27 I’m kind of the same but it’s because way out where I live we don’t decorate because nobody ever sees it. I don’t even put a tree up. I just enjoy the fruits of everyone else’s labor.

Crazy thing is, as isolated as I am in the area where I personally live, I still used to put up a Christmas tree on the porch.

With the dark coming early it was a warm welcoming sight to come home to.

I noticed a few years after I had started doing it, the neighbors children were old enough to appreciate my modest Christmas tree, and they pushed my neighbors into putting up some sort of a display.

It was odd, but nice, to drive down an isolated dirt road and be welcomed ever few yards of so with a Christmas greeting.

In the woods, and in the dark. It has a slight magical tone to it.

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - 727Sky - 12-05-2022

Sorry no Pics but a story. Buddhist country yet every Mall has a huge decorated Christmas tree where kids and others get their pictures taken. Everyone likes Christmas because it means presents.... I never saw a real or fake Christmas Tree in Saudi Arabia.

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - GeauxHomeLittleD - 12-06-2022

How about my Chistmas skeleton?
Cleetus says "Let's get this party started!"

[Image: 1eXBwlo.jpg]

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - VioletDove - 12-06-2022

Yes!!! I just knew Cleetus would be dressing up for Christmas!!! I’m glad I wasn’t wrong.

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - GeauxHomeLittleD - 12-06-2022

(12-06-2022, 01:50 AM)VioletDove Wrote: Yes!!! I just knew Cleetus would be dressing up for Christmas!!! I’m glad I wasn’t wrong.

Cleetus is very fashion forward and ready with attire for all holiday festivities!  Laughing

RE: What does Christmas look like in YOUR part of the world? - Sol - 12-06-2022

(12-06-2022, 12:14 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: How about my Chistmas skeleton?
Cleetus says "Let's get this party started!"

[Image: 1eXBwlo.jpg]

OMFG !!  Looks exactly like my ex mother-in-law...

mediumnotlooking