Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Flashback to an Origin Story - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Spirits and the Spiritual (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: The Paranormal World (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Flashback to an Origin Story (/showthread.php?tid=1435)

Flashback to an Origin Story - GeauxHomeLittleD - 10-31-2023

Since today is Halloween I thought it might be a little spooky to tell an origin story. For 40 years I was stalked by a Demon (thankfully no longer- knock on wood!). This is how it all began:

When I was 7 years old I spent a weekend with my grandparents and youngest uncle (who was a teenager at the time). When my parents came to pick me up Sunday evening they brought with them a new purchase they had made while I was gone- a Ouija board. I had never seen one before and didn't know what it was. My uncle was really excited because he had used one before with his friends and had fun so that got me curious and after we watched my parents for a while my uncle and I begged to play too.  My parents eventually gave in (I think because my pawpaw gave them the stink eye for playing with what he considered a toy in front of us kids). After they grew bored they handed the board and planchette to my uncle and told us we could go play with it in the family room while they and my grandparents visited.

My uncle asked all of the questions, I don't remember what the questions or answers were, just that I was playing a game with my uncle and that was fun enough for me. I remember my Dad came in to check on us and watched for a while before going back to the kitchen and bringing my Mom and Pawpaw back with him to watch. I remember my Mom saying something about how fast the planchette was moving. My Pawpaw all of a sudden said "That's enough!" and made my parents put everything back in the box and go put it in the car. My uncle and I were disappointed but went to his room to read comics until my parents were ready to leave.

After that my parents used the board every night for the next few weeks, sitting Indian style with knees touching on their bed. Since my room was next door every so often I would peek around the corner and watch but if they saw me they would run me off. Then they started closing and locking the bedroom door while they did it.  Oh well, I was busy trying to keep my then 2 year old sister entertained anyway. But then something very unusual happened and to this day I have never been able to get either of my parents to talk about it. They don't deny it, they just say that it was long ago and they can't remember. It is something that is seared into my brain forever.

One night my parents are once again in their room using the Ouija board. Before closing the door they got my baby sister to bed and told me I had to lay down in bed with the light out but that I could watch television in my room until I fell asleep- just don't bother them. I even remember the pajamas I had on, what I was watching on television, etc. Right as the show I was watching was about to end (The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau) I heard my parents bedroom door open and Dad came and got me out of bed, bringing me to their bedroom where my Mom was sitting on the bed with the board. Dad tells me to lay down on my stomach and he and Mom sit cross-legged on either side of me. Then they put the Ouija board on my back and told me to be still, close my eyes and go to sleep.

I stayed awake for a short time and felt movement on my back as my parents asked questions and called out letters. I wasn't really interested and eventually fell asleep. I don't know how long after that but the next thing I remember is Dad waking me up and actually carrying me to bed- which is something he hadn't done since before my sister was born. I went to sleep.

Following that I started seeing a dark shadow in places where there shouldn't be any shadows- and the shadow moved! I began to feel a strange fear that I couldn't explain in certain parts of the house, especially in mine and my parents bedrooms and sometimes the living room. Mom was acting strange and was jumpy and irritable. She had started using the Ouija by herself while my Dad was at work with her bedroom door closed and locked. This went on for several days until "The Incident".

Dad had started working nights. Mom put my sister in bed and told me I could stay up and watch television in my room as long as I was quiet and didn't disturb her. She shut and locked her door and I heard her flip the light switch off. I decided instead of watching television I would build the ferris wheel pictured on my giant can of Tinker Toys. I was making good progress when all of a sudden Mom lets loose a blood curdling scream and I heard a big commotion- it was Mom literally not only ripping her bedroom door of its hinges but actually ripped out part of the door frame as well! She hit the opposite wall hard and fell and I ran to her asking if she was alright. Tears were streaming down her face, she was whiter than anyone I'd ever seen and her eyes were huge! She made me go to the living room with her and we slept on the sofa together until my Dad came home the next morning and woke us up asking my Mom what happened to the door. I didn't hear anything else as I was getting ready for school but once I was outside waiting on the school bus I could hear them screaming at each other from the street but I couldn't make out what was being said.

After that the Ouija was put away and they never used it again. Even now Mom refuses to discuss what happened. Last time Dad and I talked about it he just remembers being baffled as to how Mom had ripped the locked door off its hinges and ripped out part of the door jamb as she was a tiny little thing back then. It was as far as I know the end of their story but only the beginning of mine. I spent the next 40 years being stalked by a demon and my life was a cluster fuck. It affected nearly everything in my life and even my partners and children were terrorized. Imagine growing up in the Conjuring house but every house we lived in was like that because it stalked me wherever I went- that is what my children grew up with. But that is another tale for another time.

So that is my origin story. A true tale of terror for your Halloween pleasure.
Happy Halloween Rogues!