Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
A New Study on Mass Shooters - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: A New Study on Mass Shooters (/showthread.php?tid=1430)

A New Study on Mass Shooters - ABNARTY - 10-30-2023

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/302101.pdf

The study is 38 pages long. I have condensed some of the data below. However, if you are so inclined, I recommend reading the whole thing to get the best understanding.

While the media uses the FBI standard of 4 or more people shot as a mass shooting, this includes mostly gang member on gang member shootings and other criminal activity. In order to successfully analyze the problem of mass shootings as we generally understand them, you need to look at the specific instances. You cannot stop school shootings by analyzing gang violence.

167 mass shootings from the last 50 years were analyzed. The database included over 160 independent variables. In addition, the study does not conflate gun deaths with mass shooting deaths. These are two very distinct categories.

Percentage of mass shootings during the period analyzed:
50%+ have occurred since 2000    
33% have occurred since 2010
20% were in the last 5 years
16 of 20 of most deadly were in the last 20 years
Mass Shooting Locations:
Workplace = 28.1%
Bars/nightclubs/restaurants = 14%
Retail locations = 12.9%
Schools = 12.9%
Churches = 6.4%
Other = 25.7%
Mass Shooter Demographics:
Male = 97.7% (only 4 were female)
Mean Age = 34.1 years old (ranged from age 11 to age 70)
White = 52.3%
Black = 20.9%
Hispanic = 8.1%
Asian/Middle Eastern/native American = 12.4%
Trauma and Suicidality:
80% of the shooters were in mental crisis
31% had experienced childhood trauma
30% of shooters were suicidal prior to the shooting
19.8% of shooters had previous hospitalization for psychiatric reasons
23.3% of shooters took psychiatric medication
Warning Signs:
48% of shooters leaked their plans ahead of time
23.4% of shooters left behind some kind of manifesto
21.6% of shooters studied other mass shooters
70% of shooters knew at least some of their victims
Firearms Used and How Obtained:
77.2% of shooters used hand guns
25.1% used some sort of “assault weapon” (some shooters used more than one weapon)
77% of shooters bought at least some of their weapons legally
13% made illegal purchases
19% stole their guns
80% of school shooters stole guns from relatives

*I know the media narrative is that 100% of mass shooters are white men, who vote R, use fully automatic weapons, and kill 10,000 people per day. While objectively false, it makes a lot of people feel good to have a boogey man. IMHO, one school shooting is too many. In order to stop them you need to analyze the problem. In this regard, the media is culpable of hindering the process in order to fufill their own ends.    

RE: A New Study on Mass Shooters - xuenchen - 10-30-2023

Does the study include planned psyops and variations of MKUltra and new improved COINTELPRO operations ?

Cool Smile

RE: A New Study on Mass Shooters - SomeJackleg - 10-30-2023

(10-30-2023, 11:09 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/302101.pdf

The study is 38 pages long. I have condensed some of the data below. However, if you are so inclined, I recommend reading the whole thing to get the best understanding.

While the media uses the FBI standard of 4 or more people shot as a mass shooting, this includes mostly gang member on gang member shootings and other criminal activity. In order to successfully analyze the problem of mass shootings as we generally understand them, you need to look at the specific instances. You cannot stop school shootings by analyzing gang violence.

167 mass shootings from the last 50 years were analyzed. The database included over 160 independent variables. In addition, the study does not conflate gun deaths with mass shooting deaths. These are two very distinct categories.

Percentage of mass shootings during the period analyzed:
50%+ have occurred since 2000    
33% have occurred since 2010
20% were in the last 5 years
16 of 20 of most deadly were in the last 20 years
Mass Shooting Locations:
Workplace = 28.1%
Bars/nightclubs/restaurants = 14%
Retail locations = 12.9%
Schools = 12.9%
Churches = 6.4%
Other = 25.7%
Mass Shooter Demographics:
Male = 97.7% (only 4 were female)
Mean Age = 34.1 years old (ranged from age 11 to age 70)
White = 52.3%
Black = 20.9%
Hispanic = 8.1%
Trauma and Suicidality:
80% of the shooters were in mental crisis
31% had experienced childhood trauma
30% of shooters were suicidal prior to the shooting
19.8% of shooters had previous hospitalization for psychiatric reasons
23.3% of shooters took psychiatric medication
Warning Signs:
48% of shooters leaked their plans ahead of time
23.4% of shooters left behind some kind of manifesto
21.6% of shooters studied other mass shooters
70% of shooters knew at least some of their victims
Firearms Used and How Obtained:
77.2% of shooters used hand guns
25.1% used some sort of “assault weapon” (some shooters used more than one weapon)
77% of shooters bought at least some of their weapons legally
13% made illegal purchases
19% stole their guns
80% of school shooters stole guns from relatives

*I know the media narrative is that 100% of mass shooters are white men, who vote R, use fully automatic weapons, and kill 10,000 people per day. While objectively false, it makes a lot of people feel good to have a boogey man. IMHO, one school shooting is too many. In order to stop them you need to analyze the problem. In this regard, the media is culpable of hindering the process in order to fufill their own ends.    

so in other words they were attention seeking bat shit crazy whack a dos from all walks of life.
that got their idea for going on a shooting spree from days on end of media coverage of others that happened before.

i covered it it just two sentences no need for 38 pages.

RE: A New Study on Mass Shooters - Stonerwilliam - 10-31-2023

I bet 100 % were on some kind of medication ssri or similar

RE: A New Study on Mass Shooters - SomeJackleg - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 03:12 AM)Stonerwilliam Wrote: I bet 100 % were on some kind of medication ssri or similar

wouldn't doubt it or they went off of them saying hey i'm better now i don't need no stinking medicine.

RE: A New Study on Mass Shooters - MrJesterium - 11-03-2023

Here's some interesting facts from the book Whoever Fights Monsters by FBI veteran Robert K. Ressler: "The greatest number of sexual killers are white males in their twenties and thirties... Most sexual killers are under the age of thirty-five."

Here's a fascinating coincidence:

https://projects.voanews.com/mass-shootings/english/locations/restaurant.html
Twenty-six (8) percent had an obsessive interest in firearms; 17% (8) were school bullies. Seventeen percent (8) were notable misogynists; 22% (4) were involved in domestic disputes that spilled over in the public. Twenty-two (4) percent had a relationship issue; and 22% (4) experienced interpersonal conflict.

RE: A New Study on Mass Shooters - p358 - 11-04-2023

When analyzing those stats, I suggest you consider the general demographics of the US society.

It is not more white men than any other if the white men make up a very large chunk of the general population.

White = 52.3%
Black = 20.9%
Hispanic = 8.1%

Now what is the normal demographic percentage of these?

There are more white people in these stats because there are more white people in the community.

PSmile

RE: A New Study on Mass Shooters - SomeJackleg - 11-04-2023

(11-04-2023, 01:34 AM)p358 Wrote: When analyzing those stats, I suggest you consider the general demographics of the US society.

It is not more white men than any other if the white men make up a very large chunk of the general population.

White = 52.3%
Black = 20.9%
Hispanic = 8.1%

Now what is the normal demographic percentage of these?

There are more white people in these stats because there are more white people in the community.

PSmile

that's like when they say more black people arrested /killed by cops than white. well yea if you do it by population ratio, but if you do it by indecent / calls responded to it turns out more white folks than black folks.

RE: A New Study on Mass Shooters - Grace - 11-04-2023

I removed my posts.