Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Spirits and the Spiritual (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: The Paranormal World (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Yeah..nah...It happened to me (/showthread.php?tid=1416)

Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Bally002 - 10-28-2023

This happened yesterday 28th October at home.

For those that don't know I live in the bush, hilly,  on a reasonable selection of 109 acres,  We just had a severe fire rip though the area and me and 'true love' did our best to keep the flames away from the house.  As I type, all is good now.  Last time this happened over 80 houses  were lost in 2019.

The fire lasted a couple of days and came at us from two fronts.  'truey' took some days off. but after everything had settled, coupled with some rain, she went off to work early at 0430 yesterday.  I made her lunch and saw her off.  I was home alone (?) .  No comms.  Telecommunication tower was knocked out but I said I would be fine like last time (2019).

So, after she left safely, I lay down on the lounge in the 3rd lower level of the home.  Had my 3 dogs and 2 cats with me.  One dog (Rusty the toy poodle) and 1 cat on the lounge with me. The cat slept on the lounge head above my shoulders. Girlie (dog) on the other lounge and Charlie (dog) lay on the floor.  I pulled a blanket over me and not long after I fell asleep.  It was dark. 

During this sojourn I was constantly woken by my right foot being pulled.  I thought it was the dog and checked but the dog wasn't near my feet.  Being very tired I dismissed it each time and nodded off but it happened again.

I don't remember how many times it happened but I woke at one stage after feeling it.  Twilight (dawning) was showing through the window above my head so I said to myself "Fuck it".   I got up and went and made a coffee.  After that I then turned on the water pump and had a shower.  Cleaned up and dressed for another fire day I made another coffee.  Gave the dogs their respective breakfast cookies where they lay.

Sat down with the coffee, rolled a smoke and was sitting peacefully in the early morning quietness on the lounge with the animals.  This is what spooked me.  Mind you, all communications here had been knocked out by the fire.  So it was silent.

The cat jumped off the head of the lounge, I plainly heard laughter from the upper level but it sounded like two people laughing at each other.  Distinct laughter sounds like people laughing in your face.  Dogs jumped as I did.  Dogs low growling looking up the stairs. 'Girlie let out a few muffled barks but I could see the hackles along her spine raised.  She eased off her lounge slowly and hopped on her 3 legs to the base of the stairs looking upwards.  The 2 smaller dogs followed suit.  

Because we had fire brigade trucks (several) dropping though at all hours each previous day I figured it was firemen.  I got up and walked outside followed by the diligent doggy wogs who stood by my side and behind.  (Which is unusual in these circumstances).  Normally they would be running out at full tilt before me. I just said, "C'mon on." and we did a circuit of the house.  The area around the house is cleared for a considerable distance and you can hear approaching vehicles.  Nothing.  Not a sound.  No choppers or planes, no cars or brigade trucks.  The dogs were different in that they stayed by my side instead of their normal running out in front.  They were growling but it was low.  I was getting really spooked.  

Did another circuit of the house, checked the sheds.  (This is daylight now mind you).  Nothing, no one about.  I went back inside.

Thinking that it was my imagination (but he dogs heard it too).  Shook my head and went to the stairs.  Now 'girlie' has only 3 legs and can't mount the polished timber steps.  The 2 smaller ones can easily.  But they would not follow.  All the dogs stood at the base while I walked upstairs, looking back at time thinking what is going on.  Checked the 2 upstairs room.  All was fine.  came back down met by wagging tails.  Checked the other rooms around down further.  Nup!

House was clear.  

Yeah,,Long winded story I know but the laughter was audible to all and lengthy, I kept checking everywhere in the house during the rest of the day.  It might be my imagination but the laughing was also mocking, in your face.  I needed to put this down now while it was fresh in my memory.  I started to relate it soon after it occurred but lost power and connection due to circumstances.  So here it is now.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Kind regards,

BallySmile

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - VioletDove - 10-28-2023

I would have been freaking out and here you are drinking coffee and walking around looking for it lol.

I have had a similar experience though. 

When my husband and I moved into this house it was a small a-frame. After being given the opportunity to buy, we decided to add on to it. The walls downstairs were tore out and straightened to add extra bedrooms, kitchen and living room. 

I guess this upset our unseen roommate because for months, every once in awhile, after my husband would leave in the wee hours of morning for work, I would wake up to the sound of someone yelling “goddammit”. Sounded like from the area where the kitchen and living room used to be. Maybe he was mad because the coffee pot wasn’t where he left it. It stopped after those few months though, so maybe he got used to it.

Just a random thought, I do notice that when something happens and our phones and wifi aren’t working strange things happen. I wonder if technology interferes with their ability to interact or if my mind is usually occupied with other things and the silence allows me to focus more.

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - BIAD - 10-28-2023

THAT    IS    WEIRD!
Shocked

And the dogs heard.

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - GeauxHomeLittleD - 10-28-2023

@Bally002  Just recently (maybe 2-3 weeks ago) I witnessed something pulling Kdog's leg while he was in bed asleep. He had been complaining for months about our house ghost messing with him every time he goes to bed, have even had him jump up and run out of the bedroom white as a sheet and saucer eyed. I have to admit sometimes she messes with me too but she really seems to get her jollies messing with Kdog (I say "she" because sometimes you can smell perfume when she's messing about).

So anyway I was in the living room on the sofa, bedroom door is open and I can see the lower half of Kdog's body under the covers from where I was sitting. He was snoring away per usual and upon hearing a change in his snoring I looked up from my laptop and looked though the bedroom door. His leg (still under the covers) starts rising higher and higher (he is sleeping on his side) and I watch as something drags him by the foot toward the foot of the bed- like drag his whole body to where his foot and leg were hanging off the end of the bed. I jumped up and ran in there and turned on the lamp- nothing there but a snoring Kdog.  

A few days later activity had ramped up enough that Kdog was freaking out so I had a nice chat with our "friend" and explained that she was freaking my man out and she could either calm the heck down and live in peace or get the fuck out and followed up with the prayer of St. Michael and did a few other things just to let her know I was serious. Since then no more leg/foot pulling, no more invisible people sitting down next to us, etc. Now we just have lots of popping/snapping noises with no physical sources but I chalk that up to it being Samhain time and a full moon and expect it to die down after- if not it will then be time for a full house cleansing- but for now so far so good!

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - ChiefD - 10-28-2023

Holy cow, pretty scary! I'd be crapping my drawers. The way your cats and dogs reacted, they knew a presence was in your home. Animals are good at sensing that stuff, and can probably smell it too. 

Hopefully, this presence won't manifest itself again. I believe it thought it could intimidate you. But when you started looking around, you were telling it that you weren't to be messed with.

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Bally002 - 10-28-2023

(10-28-2023, 04:26 PM)BIAD Wrote: THAT    IS    WEIRD!
Shocked

And the dogs heard.

Yeah, and the cat heard it too I think.  Bit different.

Bally

(10-28-2023, 02:15 PM)VioletDove Wrote: I would have been freaking out and here you are drinking coffee and walking around looking for it lol.

It was daylight but while looking I wasn't going to put my coffee down.  I actually thought there were people outside.  The dogs bark normally but their tone and demeanor was changed.

Bally.

(10-28-2023, 09:38 PM)ChiefD Wrote: Holy cow, pretty scary! I'd be crapping my drawers. The way your cats and dogs reacted, they knew a presence was in your home. Animals are good at sensing that stuff, and can probably smell it too. 

Hopefully, this presence won't manifest itself again. I believe it thought it could intimidate you. But when you started looking around, you were telling it that you weren't to be messed with.

Thanks Chief.  Never thought of it that way.

To be honest I'm hoping it would happen again and 'true love' could hear it cause then I could say me and animals were not the only ones.

Kind regards,

Bally

(10-28-2023, 06:23 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @Bally002  Just recently (maybe 2-3 weeks ago) I witnessed something pulling Kdog's leg while he was in bed asleep. He had been complaining for months about our house ghost messing with him every time he goes to bed, have even had him jump up and run out of the bedroom white as a sheet and saucer eyed. I have to admit sometimes she messes with me too but she really seems to get her jollies messing with Kdog (I say "she" because sometimes you can smell perfume when she's messing about).

Strange one mate.  My experience was similar but the later laughter around the house or within was the thing that got to me.

Cheers, 

Bally

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Ninurta - 10-28-2023

This year has been pretty active, much more active than usual, from what I've seen of it here, So, none of this surprises me, nor do I harbor any doubts about the veracity of it.

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - SomeJackleg - 10-28-2023

(10-28-2023, 01:35 PM)Bally002 Wrote: This happened yesterday 28th October at home.

For those that don't know I live in the bush, hilly,  on a reasonable selection of 109 acres,  We just had a severe fire rip though the area and me and 'true love' did our best to keep the flames away from the house.  As I type, all is good now.  Last time this happened over 80 houses  were lost in 2019.

The fire lasted a couple of days and came at us from two fronts.  'truey' took some days off. but after everything had settled, coupled with some rain, she went off to work early at 0430 yesterday.  I made her lunch and saw her off.  I was home alone (?) .  No comms.  Telecommunication tower was knocked out but I said I would be fine like last time (2019).

So, after she left safely, I lay down on the lounge in the 3rd lower level of the home.  Had my 3 dogs and 2 cats with me.  One dog (Rusty the toy poodle) and 1 cat on the lounge with me. The cat slept on the lounge head above my shoulders. Girlie (dog) on the other lounge and Charlie (dog) lay on the floor.  I pulled a blanket over me and not long after I fell asleep.  It was dark. 

During this sojourn I was constantly woken by my right foot being pulled.  I thought it was the dog and checked but the dog wasn't near my feet.  Being very tired I dismissed it each time and nodded off but it happened again.

I don't remember how many times it happened but I woke at one stage after feeling it.  Twilight (dawning) was showing through the window above my head so I said to myself "Fuck it".   I got up and went and made a coffee.  After that I then turned on the water pump and had a shower.  Cleaned up and dressed for another fire day I made another coffee.  Gave the dogs their respective breakfast cookies where they lay.

Sat down with the coffee, rolled a smoke and was sitting peacefully in the early morning quietness on the lounge with the animals.  This is what spooked me.  Mind you, all communications here had been knocked out by the fire.  So it was silent.

The cat jumped off the head of the lounge, I plainly heard laughter from the upper level but it sounded like two people laughing at each other.  Distinct laughter sounds like people laughing in your face.  Dogs jumped as I did.  Dogs low growling looking up the stairs. 'Girlie let out a few muffled barks but I could see the hackles along her spine raised.  She eased off her lounge slowly and hopped on her 3 legs to the base of the stairs looking upwards.  The 2 smaller dogs followed suit.  

Because we had fire brigade trucks (several) dropping though at all hours each previous day I figured it was firemen.  I got up and walked outside followed by the diligent doggy wogs who stood by my side and behind.  (Which is unusual in these circumstances).  Normally they would be running out at full tilt before me. I just said, "C'mon on." and we did a circuit of the house.  The area around the house is cleared for a considerable distance and you can hear approaching vehicles.  Nothing.  Not a sound.  No choppers or planes, no cars or brigade trucks.  The dogs were different in that they stayed by my side instead of their normal running out in front.  They were growling but it was low.  I was getting really spooked.  

Did another circuit of the house, checked the sheds.  (This is daylight now mind you).  Nothing, no one about.  I went back inside.

Thinking that it was my imagination (but he dogs heard it too).  Shook my head and went to the stairs.  Now 'girlie' has only 3 legs and can't mount the polished timber steps.  The 2 smaller ones can easily.  But they would not follow.  All the dogs stood at the base while I walked upstairs, looking back at time thinking what is going on.  Checked the 2 upstairs room.  All was fine.  came back down met by wagging tails.  Checked the other rooms around down further.  Nup!

House was clear.  

Yeah,,Long winded story I know but the laughter was audible to all and lengthy, I kept checking everywhere in the house during the rest of the day.  It might be my imagination but the laughing was also mocking, in your face.  I needed to put this down now while it was fresh in my memory.  I started to relate it soon after it occurred but lost power and connection due to circumstances.  So here it is now.

Kind regards,

BallySmile

wondering if you built this house or one you bought and fixed up?
if you bought it and fixed it up you may have been sharing it a long time and never knew it.

if you built it you might have had some squatters move in due to the fire disturbed their old haunting grounds.
Big Eyes

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Bally002 - 10-29-2023

(10-28-2023, 11:18 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 01:35 PM)Bally002 Wrote: This happened yesterday 28th October at home.

House was clear.  

Kind regards,

BallySmile

if you bought it and fixed it up you may have been sharing it a long time and never knew it.

if you built it you might have had some squatters move in due to the fire disturbed their old haunting grounds.
Big Eyes

The house is an old timber house built in 3 stages over a couple of decades.  Built in levels on a slope.  We bought it and the land a little over 10 years ago. Moved in with true love and 4 children.  Children have since left.

Just my missus and I now.

No squatters about as far as I know.  Dogs would certainly let us know if anyone approaches including neighbours. 

Cheers,

Bally

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - SomeJackleg - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 12:01 AM)Bally002 Wrote:

House was clear.  

Kind regards,

BallySmile

Big Eyes

The house is an old timber house built in 3 stages over a couple of decades.  Built in levels on a slope.  We bought it and the land a little over 10 years ago. Moved in with true love and 4 children.  Children have since left.

No squatters about as far as I know.  Dogs would certainly let us know if anyone approaches including neighbours. 

Cheers,

Bally

i understand dogs letting you know someone has come up. i was talking spirit squatters. have you ever notice them paying attention to something more than they usually do. i know all house critters just sit and stare sometimes, what i'm talking about is something caught their attention and they are checking it out.

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Grace - 10-29-2023

Hearing sounds that aren't there? No... But ever since we have lived in this particular house - a house I believe was built by my husband's grandfather - someone gets in bed with me all the time. 

Every time it happens I think hubby has layed down on his side of the bed because that's exactly what it feels like, but when I look no one is there. 

It's gotten to the point it stopped waking me up, and now I just ask if hubby is there instead of bothering to roll over and check - that's how often it happens. 

Never anything else, just like someone periodically gets in bed with me and lays down on hubby's side of the bed. But it truly, every time, feels in every way like someone is there. 

And it's been like this since the first day we were here. Whoever it is likes me I guess.... Lol

Edit to add:

Just as a besides, it's not the bed because this is a different bed than the one we slept in when we first lived here, and it's not me because when we moved out it stopped, when we moved back in it started again so it's definitely house related.

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Bally002 - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 12:07 AM)SomeJackleg Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 12:01 AM)Bally002 Wrote:

House was clear.  

Kind regards,

BallySmile

Big Eyes

Cheers,

Bally

i understand dogs letting you know someone has come up. i was talking spirit squatters. have you ever notice them paying attention to something more than they usually do. i know all house critters just sit and stare sometimes, what i'm talking about is something caught their attention and they are checking it out.

Can't say I have seen the animals acting like you described.  Nothing has happened since. 

But I will be vigilant.

Cheers,

Bally.

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Gordi - 10-29-2023

I cant remember if I posted it here or not, but these "Invisible visitors" reminded me of an encounter experience that I had many years ago... I've got it saved on my PC somewhere, hang on....
Ok, got it! I'll copy/paste it below:

Quote:I had a strange experience of my own around 2007, here in West Central Scotland, close to the New Town of East Kilbride, about 10 miles south of Glasgow.

I was a stay-at-home dad to our first born son, who was about 2 yrs old then, and it was a nice day in the quiet village where I lived, so I had decided to take my son out in his 3-wheel stroller for a walk.
Shortly after leaving the house, I felt uneasy - like we were being watched, or possibly even followed.
There were the rustle of leaves by the hedgerow or small stones rattling softly on the road behind us, even though there was no breeze. I felt the hairs rise on the back of my neck, and several times, I whirled round quickly, to try and catch sight of whatever was there, but never did see anything.

It was then that I decided I didn't want to go any further away from the centre of the village, out into the countryside, so I doubled back and headed for the local play-park, so my son could play on the swings etc.
You'd think that the cheerful surroundings of a children's play park would have relieved the heavy / uneasy feelings, but it actually got worse and more intense.
This continued for about 5 or 10 minutes, until I felt drawn to look across the farmers field which borders the back of the play park.
There, about 150 yards away, stands a line of mature Beech trees at the lower end of the field, this is met at right angles, by a second row of trees heading away into the distance in a second field.

My eyes suddenly focused on the tree which stands nearest the junction of the two rows of trees...

This tree was shaking back and forth, rhythmically, and forcefully, as if being physically shaken. The trees on either side of it (as well as the row of trees heading away at right angles) did not move at all.
The weather was very still, and there wasn't even the slightest breeze, but this one tree was shaking very much, and all of the others nearby were completely motionless.

This was pretty scary to watch, but I was determined to find out what was causing it.
So I put my son back in his stroller and we left the park, heading down the road which would take us to a point directly by the end of that row of trees.
I wanted to look along the row, to see if anything could be causing the tree to move. This was on the same road as I had tried to walk earlier, but in the other direction (on the opposite side of the village).

I felt the same heavy "following" presence all the way down the road, to the end of the line of trees, and even heard twigs snap on the road-side behind us on at least three occasions! But every time I turned around, nothing was there.
There was nothing to see either, along the line of trees by the time I got there, and the one "moving" tree had stopped.
I continued walking a little further, to see if anything else would happen, but a couple of minutes later, the feeling of being followed suddenly stopped. The presence left, and everything immediately felt fine.

I went back over our route, and found nothing out of order.

I've never experienced anything else like this since, and I still can't explain it. There was no wind to move the tree, and even if it was a freak gust or something, it lasted for several minutes, and didn't affect any of the surrounding trees at all??

As a side-note - A few years later, I noticed that the same tree was dying off.
Its leaves were all brown and dry, while all of the neighbouring trees were healthy and green.

That one tree has since been cut down.

There you go,
G

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Macsen191 - 10-29-2023

Wow, I'd be lighting some sage and praying. My house I lived in for 15 years was haunted, you'd see white mist, my son would see a gnarled hand on his shoulder everytime he'd go into the basement... the little area under the stairs felt odd and your hair would stand up on your skin(I could not go in there... freaked me too much out for some reason.) And the kicker is I lighted some frankeincese incense one day and our front door which was securly closed and locked flew open and I felt a rush of energy just leave the house. It never returned either.

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Nomnomine - 10-30-2023

I mean... At least they were laughing? Was it maniacal or lackadaisical?

I've had quite a few experiences involving my cats reacting to things I'm hearing/seeing as well. 

I have a physical encounter for another time in which my cat had a crazy reaction.

Either way, it's a strange experience for you there, and something was afoot. Hopefully, if spirits, they're benign. Tongue sleep tight

RE: Yeah..nah...It happened to me - Bally002 - 10-30-2023

(10-30-2023, 02:34 AM)Nomnomine Wrote: I mean... At least they were laughing? Was it maniacal or lackadaisical?

I've had quite a few experiences involving my cats reacting to things I'm hearing/seeing as well. 

I have a physical encounter for another time in which my cat had a crazy reaction.

Either way, it's a strange experience for you there, and something was afoot. Hopefully, if spirits, they're benign. Tongue sleep tight

Okay.  Cheers for your reply.  It's now 4.46pm here.  About 0500 I was in the house.  I heard 2 distinctive raps on the corrugated roof.  I'm saying loud like a hammer.  Corrugated roof.  Thinking,,,, perhaps the roof is expanding but it was louder than usual. 

Kind regards,

Bally.

(10-30-2023, 02:34 AM)Nomnomine Wrote: I mean... At least they were laughing? Was it maniacal or lackadaisical?

I don't know what you mean by  lackadaisical so I looked it up and 'no'.  Maniacal 'No'.  More like mocking or natural.  It was like 2 people having a laugh.  That's why I thought someone was outside or in the upper level.

Kind regards,

BallySmile