Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The Twitter Files. - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Where Right goes Wrong (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: The Twitter Files. (/showthread.php?tid=138)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The Twitter Files. - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-11-2022

TWITTER FILES, PART 4

The Removal of Donald Trump: January 7

As the pressure builds, Twitter executives build the case for a permanent ban.

Thread Reader | Archived Part 4

We are purposefully being shown how rigged it all is. Where will we go from here?

Elon Musk: Technocratic Pied Piper.

Deus ex machina: an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel.

Elon is a big fan of the original Deus Ex.

[Image: fwbKews.jpg]

Optimus Elon X.
[Image: h6RY3ft.jpg]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=107]

And also a big fan of...

[Image: X1Fm5lb.jpg]

RE: The Twitter Files. - Snarl - 12-11-2022

RE: The Twitter Files. - Senona - 12-12-2022

(12-07-2022, 12:31 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: [Image: njKSxkJ.jpg]
Trending Politics

[Image: C77hGPd.jpg]
https://twitter.com/EricRWeinstein/status/1600262626256486401

[Image: YTaOrWw.jpg]

[Image: RRUy6PF.jpg]

[Image: e9ITTRL.jpg]

[Image: FtNHdvJ.gif]

MinusculeCheers

This here, when I read this, I was like you have got to be kidding me?!?

Like, seriously?

I love that Musk has lifted the veil, so to speak, on the behind the scenes goings on with the communication back & forth between Twitter staff and the DNC or others in attempts to silence and shutdown people. 

And Dorsey just told Musk to release it all, don't hold back.

By the way, like how they put Catturd's pic in there with Trump & Musk. HAHA
I happen to be a follower of him/them -- whatever

RE: The Twitter Files. - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-12-2022

Monday morning Twitter Files Part 5 in the never ending saga.

As the world churns...

[Image: dWFT9tK.jpg]
https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1602364358218043392

Thread Reader | Archived

[Image: 7FZYzUN.jpg]

Weekly wrap up video discussing an array of topics: Elon Musk's Twitter Files, James/Jim Baker, Nina Mary Poppins of Disinformation, Jordan Peterson's bad take, and an update on FTX:

Twitter Files have been clogging up the Interweb pipelines. I wonder what they're hiding.

[Image: fLoNet3.jpg]

RE: The Twitter Files. - Ninurta - 12-12-2022

RE: The Twitter Files. - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-12-2022

[Image: 3WUT9c1.jpg]
https://twitter.com/Official_LDTF/status/1602076768940478465

Rather ironic given that Elon himself has posted lolicon shit on Twitter. (still up btw)

[Image: f5h6PQr.jpg]

"When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor." - Elon Musk

[Image: P8yX8ME.jpg]

I wish them kids would go outside and play.

First ever recorded snowball fight (1896)

Too bad that Executive Order 13848 that Trump signed didn't apply to domestic election interference.

FBI Dir Wray speaking at CFR; (transcript included) which the theme was foreign influence threats concerning Russia/China.

On election interference by foreign adversaries in social media Wray said,
Quote:...we’re very much viewing 2018 as just kind of a dress rehearsal for the big show in 2020.

And I think we expect that this is going to become a phenomenon we’re going to have to contend with, with a lot more than just Russia.

Ah, another phenomena of unknown origin.

One of the members asking questions to Wray is Edward Luttwak - author of "Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook".

Perhaps this is the paradoxical feeling of winding down while speeding up...is this what it feels like to live through the end of a major phase of civilization before it shifts to a new paradigm?

RE: The Twitter Files. - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-13-2022

Now, of course we have an unofficial Twitter leaks thread...

BREAKING: US Political Misinfo Twitter Detection AI List

Yea, a sparkling ruby gem of truth. Ok sister, whatever.

[Image: 6ykLqJd.jpg]

RE: The Twitter Files. - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-14-2022

An interesting report on Twitter's internals, based on a whistleblower report to Congress. The stuff uncovered in it is much HOTTER than anything in the "Twitter files" but it's much less politically/tribally salient so it got no attention.

[Image: 5gHfxm2.gif]

According to the report:

Twitter didn't monitor employee computers at all, it was not uncommon for employees to install spyware on work devices. "Against company policy it was commonplace for people to install whatever software they wanted on their work systems."

Twitter does not have separate development, test, staging, and production environments. At least 5,000 employees had privileged access to live production systems.

In 2020, Twitter had security incidents serious enough they had to be reported to the federal government on an almost weekly basis. Meanwhile, Parag Agarwal was lying about how secure Twitter was and limited access.

On Jan 6, 2021, Mudge (the whistleblower) wanted to take action to prevent potential sabotage by a rogue employee. He learned it was not possible for Twitter to secure its production environment. Mudge realized that a data center failure could potentially cause the permanent loss of all of Twitter's data. He shared this fact with senior leadership, who instructed him not to put it in writing for the Board.

A few months later, that exact nightmare nearly came true, and only herculean effort by Twitter engineers prevented "permanent, irreparable failure."

Twitter had no software development lifecycle, and misled both the FTC and its Board about this fact for a decade.

Mudge informed Agrawal that there were thousands of failed login attempts to Twitter's engineering system every day. Agrawal did nothing.

Twitter did not keep backups of employee computers. They used to, but then the system broke, was never fixed, and execs decided this was good because it meant they couldn't comply with regulators.

"Every new employee has access to data they do not need to have access to."

Twitter does not have licenses for the machine learning models it uses in its most basic products.

Twitter may still be vulnerable to Log4j to this day:

[Image: w4Ydc52.jpg]

Twitter knowingly allowed itself to be infiltrated by, or otherwise a tool of, many governments.

After Agrawal became CEO, he wanted to present materially misleading information to the Board, overriding Mudge's objections. Other employees raised similar objections. Ultimately it seems the material was shared anyway, and Mudge described the presentation to the Board as fraud.

Internal review after the meeting confirmed this assessment. Mudge began working on a report to correct the record with the Board. As his report neared completion, he was fired.

More in the report:
Further Redacted for Congress - PROTECTED & SENSITIVE WHISTLEBLOWER DISCLOSURE (84 page redacted PDF)

RE: The Twitter Files. - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-14-2022

The Zip2 archive page shows that Elon Musk worked for MICROSOFT before Zip2.

This is from his own company page in 1997:

Quote:Elon Musk, Chairman, CTO & Founder

Elon published his first computer program at age 12 and four years later achieved the highest possible grade in the IBM aptitude test for engineers. Elon went on to work for Pinnacle Research, Rocket Science and Microsoft. He developed the original business concept and initial technology for Zip2 and is now Chief Technology Officer for the company. Elon graduated with a degree in finance from the Wharton School, a degree in physics from the University of Pennsylvania and deferred graduate studies in energy physics at Stanford to co-found Zip2.

The Zip2 Management Team

You know who else went to the Wharton school?

Donald Trump & Donald Trump Jr. & Ivanka Trump.

RE: The Twitter Files. - Snarl - 12-14-2022

(12-14-2022, 04:13 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: The Zip2 archive page shows that Elon Musk worked for MICROSOFT before Zip2.

This is from his own company page in 1997:

Quote:Elon Musk, Chairman, CTO & Founder

Elon published his first computer program at age 12 and four years later achieved the highest possible grade in the IBM aptitude test for engineers. Elon went on to work for Pinnacle Research, Rocket Science and Microsoft. He developed the original business concept and initial technology for Zip2 and is now Chief Technology Officer for the company. Elon graduated with a degree in finance from the Wharton School, a degree in physics from the University of Pennsylvania and deferred graduate studies in energy physics at Stanford to co-found Zip2.

The Zip2 Management Team

You know who else went to the Wharton school?

Donald Trump & Donald Trump Jr. & Ivanka Trump.

The Trump's probably had to buy their way in though.  Laughing

(12-12-2022, 12:37 AM)Senona Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 12:31 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: [Image: e9ITTRL.jpg]

This here, when I read this, I was like you have got to be kidding me?!?

Like, seriously?

By the way, like how they put Catturd's pic in there with Trump & Musk. HAHA
I happen to be a follower of him/them -- whatever

And to think: All Trump had to do was say the words, "I have lost confidence in the FBI's patriotism, valor and professional excellence. You're all fired."

There was absolutely zero restraints on him doing exactly that. Hell ... if it was me doing the firing, the next thing I would do is order the OMB to terminate 100% of their pension benefits as well.

RE: The Twitter Files. - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-16-2022

[Image: X8KE3wA.jpg]

Quote:"There's A New Sheriff In Town": Twitter Nukes Liberal Pundits From Platform

Twitter on Thursday evening began purging reporters from major media outlets, just one day after new owner Elon Musk changed the platform's "anti-doxxing" policy in response to a "crazy stalker" who climbed on the hood of a car carrying his two-year-old son.

[Image: FIdbtwV.jpg]

Those kicked off the platform include:
  • Keith Olbermann of MSNBC
  • Ryan Mac of the NY Times
  • Anthony Webster of Bellingcat
  • Donnie O'Sullivan of CNN
  • Micah F. Lee of The Intercept
  • Matt Binder of Mashable
  • Drew Harwell of the Washington Post
  • Aaron Rupar of his mom's basement

Also booted was the official account for Twitter competitor Mastadon, which earlier in the day posted a link to track Musk's private jet.

CNN fake reporter Donie O'Sullivan, who has an obsession with "Q and White Supremacist" also suspended today.
LOL, all those sleazebag journalists can flock to Mastadon.  Laughing

[Image: cYLlyUQ.jpg]

Me looking at lib journos saying that account suspension rules are vague and aren’t applied evenly. LMAO

[Image: q9VV9BR.jpg]

Apparently twitter is a leftoid bloodbath and Elon is standing over the corpses holding the axe.

[Image: xOAj9xK.jpg]

RE: The Twitter Files. - Ninurta - 12-16-2022

I can think of no valid reason to post tracking links to anyone's physical location. Generalized flight trackers, sure, but not a tracker for one specific person's whereabouts from flight to flight, all following one specific person rather than flights in general. That is some stalker-level shit right there.

Musk was probably not far off when he called it "assasination coordinates".

In any event, it puts an unhealthy obsession with Musk on public display, and proves beyond doubt that he is living rent-free in their heads.

The meltdown drama continues...

Quote:Twitter pulls its Spaces group audio feature after Musk run-in with banned journalists

Twitter has apparently pulled its Spaces group audio feature, at least temporarily, after Elon Musk joined a group conversation that included journalists that had been banned from the platform.

The latest drama comes after Twitter suspended several prominent journalists who had covered an earlier story about the Elon Jet Twitter account that was banned for using publicly-available data to track Elon Musk’s private jet.

As it turns out, Twitter seemingly has a quirk that allows banned users to still participate in Twitter Spaces and converse with other members, and some of those who had been banned did just that. BuzzFeed reporter Katie Notopoulos started a group chat yesterday evening, and was joined by a number of journalists whose accounts had been suspended by Twitter, including the Washington Post’s Drew Harwell and Mashable’s Matt Binder, as well as Jack Sweeney, the creator of the Elon Jet Twitter account who had his own personal account suspended too.

Elon Musk joined the conversation, where he continued to criticize those who not only shared real-time location data of his private jet, but those who reported on the story. The exchange is available in various places online, including YouTube here:

After being pressed by journalists over some of his inconsistencies, Musk abruptly left the conversation, and shortly after the entire Spaces feature itself started playing up.

At the time of writing, it’s not possible to start a new Spaces conversation or join an existing one, certainly based on the various tests TechCrunch has done internally. In response to one Twitter user wondering what was going on with Spaces, Musk replied that it was “fixing a legacy bug,” and that it should be working again tomorrow.

Whether Spaces returns tomorrow or not, Twitter’s recent grand proclamations around Twitter 2.0 and its “continued commitment to the public conversation” could not seem any less sincere when juxtaposed with the events of the past 24 hours.

[Image: KUasBNp.jpg]

[Image: QDpDtb0.jpg]

ETA: I was looking at some old photo's of inside the house I grew up in and noted on a bookshelf was one of those books called "The Yellow Pages"...that image later dawned on me there was once a time where they’d send a big yellow book to everyone’s house listing yours and everyone else’s assassination coordinates. I think there was even a story/movie or police report called the phone book murders...reminiscent of the first Terminator movie.

RE: The Twitter Files. - BIAD - 12-16-2022

For Thee, But...

Quote:Twitter condemned by UN and EU over reporters’ ban

[Image: _128029004_musknew.png.webp]
Neutral, the watchword of the BBC.

'The United Nations has joined the European Union in condemning Twitter's decision to suspend some
journalists who cover the social media firm. Reporters for the New York Times, CNN and the Washington
Post were among those locked out of their accounts.

The UN tweeted that media freedom is "not a toy" while the EU has threatened Twitter with sanctions.
A Twitter spokesman told a US tech news website the bans were related to the live sharing of location data.

Melissa Fleming, the UN's under secretary general for global communications, said she was "deeply disturbed"
by reports that journalists were being "arbitrarily" suspended from Twitter. "Media freedom is not a toy," she said.
"A free press is the cornerstone of democratic societies and a key tool in the fight against harmful disinformation."

Earlier on Friday, EU commissioner Vera Jourova threatened Twitter with sanctions under Europe's new Digital
Services Act which she said requires "the respect of media freedom and fundament rights".
"Elon Musk should be aware of that. There are red lines. And sanctions, soon," she added.

Mr Musk has not commented directly on the suspensions, but said in a tweet that "criticising me all day long is
totally fine, but doxxing my real-time location and endangering my family is not". He also tweeted that accounts
which he claimed engaged in doxxing - a term to describe to the release of private information online about
individuals - receive a temporary seven-day suspension.

"Same doxxing rules apply to 'journalists' as to everyone else," he added.
A spokesman for the New York Times called the suspensions "questionable and unfortunate". The suspensions
come after Mr Musk vowed to sue the owner of a profile that tracks his private jet.
He said a "crazy stalker" had used live location sharing to find and accost a vehicle carrying his children in Los
Angeles.

But following the suspensions, the German Foreign Office warned Twitter that "press freedom cannot be switched
on and off on a whim"...'

'...Twitter's head of trust and safety, Ella Irwin, told The Verge website that bans are related to a new rule introduced
on Wednesday that prohibits "live location information, including information shared on Twitter directly or links to
3rd-party URL(s) of travel routes".

"Without commenting on any specific accounts, I can confirm that we will suspend any accounts that violate our
privacy policies and put other users at risk," Mrs Irwin told the outlet.
"We don't make exceptions to this policy for journalists or any other accounts."...'
BBC:

[Image: 33de21dc-b2ae-40e9-b444-5461ea21c5ec_text.gif]

Glorious CNN meltdown over Elon banning journalists.

Standby for Twitter Files Part 6.

Here we go, again...Media meltdown starts now

[Image: tJAs5it.jpg]
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1603857534737072128

Thread Reader and Archive link

RE: The Twitter Files. - Ninurta - 12-18-2022

(12-16-2022, 06:15 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: ETA: I was looking at some old photo's of inside the house I grew up in and noted on a bookshelf was one of those books called "The Yellow Pages"...that image later dawned on me there was once a time where they’d send a big yellow book to everyone’s house listing yours and everyone else’s assassination coordinates. I think there was even a story/movie or police report called the phone book murders...reminiscent of the first Terminator movie.

I used to get two of those books a year - one, the Yellow Pages, was a listing of businesses, and the other, the White Pages, listed individuals. The Yellow Pages listed the assassination coordinates of businesses, and it was only the White Pages that listed the assassination coordinates of individuals.

In smaller towns, the two were combined and listed everyone's assassination coordinates all in the same volume, citizens first and businesses at the back of the book.

My assassination coordinates were never listed in one. Due to the nature of my life, I took proactive steps to keep would be assassins from locating me via such mundane means - I thought it more proper to make them work their asses off for the info, because that puts hits on the radar, It was usually pretty simple - you just gave the phone company a couple extra bucks not to list your assassination coordinates. A protection racket, I suppose.

To this day, you will not find my assassination coordinates. Even my phone and home address  is listed in alternate names, with alternate personal info. 

Regarding the freedom of the press, as the Left is so fond of telling the Right, no rights are unrestricted. They are not unlimited. As a general rule, your First Amendment Right to free speech - upon which the Freedom of the Press is founded - is restricted such that at the point you place another person in jeopardy, your right to speak freely ends. You can criticize all day long, and bat ideas all over the place, but painting a target on another person is where that ends. In the classic example, one cannot yell "fire!" in a crowded theater. The exercise of your right to swing your fist ends where the nose of another begins, else you run a risk of violating THEIR rights.

Most rights come right along with responsibilities, and are not unrestricted. For example, I have the Second Amendment Right to bear arms, but that does not extend to a right to shoot other folks indiscriminately. There are limits. The problem is, those limits usually involve the exercise of common sense and personal responsibility, and common sense is in such short supply in the modern world that it probably should be classified as a superpower. Personal responsibility is regularly shirked with impunity these days.

The practice of "doxxing", which is what was done to Musk on his own platform, is abject irresponsibility and the complete abandonment of common sense. It is the violation of the rights of another - the right to privacy - by painting a target on their back and declaring open season on them. It's not just bad form, it's abuse of one's own rights to violate the rights of another. MY rights do not trump YOUR rights.

That sort of thing is what puts an end to Rights.

RE: The Twitter Files. - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-19-2022

(12-18-2022, 02:41 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 06:15 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: ETA: I was looking at some old photo's of inside the house I grew up in and noted on a bookshelf was one of those books called "The Yellow Pages"...that image later dawned on me there was once a time where they’d send a big yellow book to everyone’s house listing yours and everyone else’s assassination coordinates. I think there was even a story/movie or police report called the phone book murders...reminiscent of the first Terminator movie.

I used to get two of those books a year - one, the Yellow Pages, was a listing of businesses, and the other, the White Pages, listed individuals. The Yellow Pages listed the assassination coordinates of businesses, and it was only the White Pages that listed the assassination coordinates of individuals.

I had "Yellow pages" stuck in my head and forgot about the White pages. I think in smaller towns they combined the two into one. Rest of your post very good.

Twitter Files Supplemental
[Image: 7tMtNWK.jpg]
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1604613292491538432

Thread Reader | Archived here

[Image: UmTJtpy.jpg]

TWITTER FILES: PART 7

[Image: W6j7IEA.jpg]

Thread Reader | Archived

Laughing
[Image: 65yOVo0.jpg]
Quote:My qualifications:

Twitter could do worse, and always has

Occasionally create content that people who otherwise hate each other both enjoy

Keen ability to recognize and curate my TL of accounts that step over the worthless asshole line, regardless of politics
My demands:

$125/hour + time & a half overtime*
Cadillac health care package & 401k
I work 100% remote from my trailer in Austin, I ain't flying into SFO every other goddamn week

*Yeah, I realize that's big money, but I'm the manager of this Walmart not a cashier

My business plan:

Day 1: open up targeted ad placement on individual account timelines. Account can set ad price and has approval power over any ad. Twitter gets 50% cut. People who create appealing content here deserve to make a few bucks.
My TOS:

1. No officials or functionaries of any government that bans/ filters twitter. GFY Ayatollahs & CCP, I'm not spending a dime on coders to implement country-specific content filters while hosting your stupid bullshit

2. No elected US politicians. Log off and get back to work you shitbags, use your stupid franking privilege to snail mail your deep thoughts to constituents so we can throw them into the trash like we used to

3. Any backchannel communique from a government official or agency requesting some kind of action be taken against a domestic US account will not be ignored. It will be laughed at, then I will personally post it for everybody to see.

4. The normal ban rules apply: no racist / antisemite / N-word enthusiasts, spammers, doxxers, account imposters, kiddie diddlers, etc., and will be enforced in a bipartisan way.

5. And no fomenting violence. I mean the "hey gang, let's meet here tomorrow night to burn down this thing" actual fomenting of violence, not the "this person who made fun of me is engaging in stochastic terrorism" crap

6. The only bot allowed is @iowahawkbot

7. Otherwise I reserve the right to ban any account for any reason at any time. I have a wide bipartisan tolerance for speech, but step over my worthless asshole line and *poof* you're gone. I may not be able to define "worthless asshole" but I know one when I see one.

8. In order to placate remaining concerns about the very existence of accounts with which you disagree, I will note that there is a BLOCK BUTTON you whiney baby. In fact I will SUPERSIZE the block button so you can block everybody who follows the account, or the account follows.

9. Disinformation policy: I will place a large disclaimer on login page stating "Twitter often contains erroneous information. In fact, 98% of Twitter is complete bullshit, and only a total idiot would believe any of it." Then you must read and acknowledge to continue.

10. Feel free to track my private jet. Because I don't have one you dipshits, I travel by analog 1930s cars

That's it, that's my platform.

In the spirit of the times I will of course take the voice of the people into full consideration. Me for Twitter CEO?
Iowa Hawk Plan

RE: The Twitter Files. - BIAD - 12-19-2022

Just in case someone needs the stuff read to them...

It's far deeper.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=130]