Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
It's been a while - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: It's been a while (/showthread.php?tid=1364)

It's been a while - ChiefD - 10-23-2023

So sorry I was gone for a long time. Since my husband passed away (November 1, 2022), it's been almost a year. Quite a bit has changed with me in that year. I started working part time, as a crossing guard. I like it as it gets me out of the house a couple of hours a day, fresh outdoor air, and I get to interact with children. I also needed some additional income, as I lost my husband's social security since I'm under the age of 60. 

I've been to bereavement counseling through the hospice of the hospital my husband passed at. I also joined a grief support group (Griefshare), for a few months, and even got some counseling through the VA. Eventually, that all stopped. I've filled my time with activities, and am keeping busy. It is helping, but not gonna lie, the last year has been horrendous. Within days of my husband passing away, one of my best friends passed away. Then one of the guys who came to my husband's funeral, who was very supportive of me, dropped dead at the age of 56. His wife found him at home after she returned from work. Heart attack. So young. Another friend has since passed away in the last couple of weeks.

I feel like all I do lately is go to funerals. Grief has been a bitch. So many times, I've been knocked on my knees. But I'm very stubborn. I will always get back up, even on days when it's hard just to get out of bed in the morning. I will persevere. I intend to live a full life full of joy and possibilities. God, my husband, and I all want that for me. 

The coming year may have bigger changes. They say not to make any major decisions in the first year. I may be selling my condo and moving, possibly out of state. I haven't even told my family this, much less anyone else. I feel comfortable sharing that with you all though. So many things about me have changed. What used to bother me a lot sure doesn't anymore. I try not to take anything for granted. It can all be lost so very quickly. 

There has been joy too. My husband's oldest granddaughter is pregnant with baby #2, going to be a boy. She already has a daughter, about a year old now. I messaged her recently after she tagged me on Facebook with news of the second pregnancy. She told me she wanted me to know right away because she considers me one of her grandmas. That was so awesome to hear. My niece had her first baby back in May. I'm now a great auntie to my first grandniece. My nephew and his wife are expecting a baby, so I'll either have another grandniece or grandnephew. 

I know the old adage "Life is what happens when you're making other plans" is true.

RE: It's been a while - Rodinus - 10-23-2023

Welcome back Chief  Big Grin

RE: It's been a while - CelticBanshee3 - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 01:33 AM)ChiefD Wrote: So sorry I was gone for a long time. Since my husband passed away (November 1, 2022), it's been almost a year. Quite a bit has changed with me in that year. I started working part time, as a crossing guard. I like it as it gets me out of the house a couple of hours a day, fresh outdoor air, and I get to interact with children. I also needed some additional income, as I lost my husband's social security since I'm under the age of 60. 

I've been to bereavement counseling through the hospice of the hospital my husband passed at. I also joined a grief support group (Griefshare), for a few months, and even got some counseling through the VA. Eventually, that all stopped. I've filled my time with activities, and am keeping busy. It is helping, but not gonna lie, the last year has been horrendous. Within days of my husband passing away, one of my best friends passed away. Then one of the guys who came to my husband's funeral, who was very supportive of me, dropped dead at the age of 56. His wife found him at home after she returned from work. Heart attack. So young. Another friend has since passed away in the last couple of weeks.

I feel like all I do lately is go to funerals. Grief has been a bitch. So many times, I've been knocked on my knees. But I'm very stubborn. I will always get back up, even on days when it's hard just to get out of bed in the morning. I will persevere. I intend to live a full life full of joy and possibilities. God, my husband, and I all want that for me. 

The coming year may have bigger changes. They say not to make any major decisions in the first year. I may be selling my condo and moving, possibly out of state. I haven't even told my family this, much less anyone else. I feel comfortable sharing that with you all though. So many things about me have changed. What used to bother me a lot sure doesn't anymore. I try not to take anything for granted. It can all be lost so very quickly. 

There has been joy too. My husband's oldest granddaughter is pregnant with baby #2, going to be a boy. She already has a daughter, about a year old now. I messaged her recently after she tagged me on Facebook with news of the second pregnancy. She told me she wanted me to know right away because she considers me one of her grandmas. That was so awesome to hear. My niece had her first baby back in May. I'm now a great auntie to my first grandniece. My nephew and his wife are expecting a baby, so I'll either have another grandniece or grandnephew. 

I know the old adage "Life is what happens when you're making other plans" is true.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, ChiefD.

RE: It's been a while - MisterSpock - 10-23-2023

Sorry to hear about your lose.

I didn't know it's been a year, but I've been away for a bit too, still lurk a bit though.

Glad to hear you have other blessings in the family.

RE: It's been a while - ANNEE - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 01:51 AM)CelticBanshee3 Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 01:33 AM)ChiefD Wrote: So sorry I was gone for a long time. Since my husband passed away (November 1, 2022), it's been almost a year. Quite a bit has changed with me in that year. I started working part time, as a crossing guard. I like it as it gets me out of the house a couple of hours a day, fresh outdoor air, and I get to interact with children. I also needed some additional income, as I lost my husband's social security since I'm under the age of 60. 

You are in my thoughts and prayers, ChiefD.
Take care of you.  I send you positive energy.

RE: It's been a while - Chiefsmom - 10-23-2023

Don't apologize.  That is a lot to go through, and there certainly isn't any "right" way to go through it.  Just what is best for you.
Hope you have support in your real life.
And we will support you here!

RE: It's been a while - GeauxHomeLittleD - 10-23-2023

Glad you're still kicking up dust Chief! Grief effects everyone differently so whatever you are doing that works for you- keep doing that! And good on you for keeping big decisions on the back burner. Making major decisions during highly emotional periods never works out well. When you are ready you will know and when that time comes don't be afraid to start something or somewhere new!

RE: It's been a while - Grace - 10-23-2023

I've been gone myself a while but I've definitely had you in my prayers since I heard of your loss.

So lovely to hear about the new grandchildren and family... Death comes for us all, so it's good to focus on life. Keeps things in perspective and keeps our hearts from hurting so much. 

All my love @"ChiefD", see you around the forums..

RE: It's been a while - OmegaLogos - 10-23-2023

Explanation: Hello Old Soul ... You Have My Deepest Condolences OK ...

Quote:Old, old souls
Don't know they're old
Until they're on the edge
Trying to process the loss of old friends

Scars, old scars I keep in jars
Collect them like a badge
Won't forget the past
Those old, old friends
Turns out all of my highs are making love to my lows
Making fun of my boundaries, sticks, and stones
You say "Love", I believe it to the bone

If I could see how you see me
I could be a little bit happy
And through your eyes I realize
I could be a little bit happy
Ah, ah, ah, a little bit happy
Ah, ah, ah, a little bit happy

Personal Disclosure: I hope this post helps you feel a little bit happy ok.

Smile

RE: It's been a while - Stonerwilliam - 10-23-2023

Glad you are getting things back together ChiefD , where I am we call your job lollypop ladies because of the long pole with a round bit on top .

And it is good that new life is coming to your family and a change of scenery will do you the world of good