Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The Largest US Civilian Ammo Producer Just Sold ALL Of Their Factories! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Survival and Sustainability (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: The Largest US Civilian Ammo Producer Just Sold ALL Of Their Factories! (/showthread.php?tid=1356)

The Largest US Civilian Ammo Producer Just Sold ALL Of Their Factories! - Infolurker - 10-22-2023

Not Good.

For those not following, The US banned importation of Russian steel case ammo a few months ago. This week, America's largest manufacturer of 5.56/223 suspended all civilian contracts and will only produce for the .gov until further notice. 

Lake City Ammo Plant Cancels All Commercial Contracts

https://stapledefense.com/lake-city-plant-commercial-contracts/

Now... This.

RE: The Largest US Civilian Ammo Producer Just Sold ALL Of Their Factories! - Michigan Swamp Buck - 10-22-2023

Too much ammo sent to the Ukraine? Or gearing up for WW III? Or cutting off supplies from "domestic terrorists"?

RE: The Largest US Civilian Ammo Producer Just Sold ALL Of Their Factories! - Grace - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 03:00 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Too much ammo sent to the Ukraine? Or gearing up for WW III? Or cutting off supplies from "domestic terrorists"?

I'd go with the later. If you can't remove someone's right to own then you remove ability to buy... 

I do believe we are facing something very major, and TPTB are very interested in as little resistance as possible.

There seems to be a concerted effort to take America down going on, and the effort is from every front.

Time to learn how to make bullets, just in case.

RE: The Largest US Civilian Ammo Producer Just Sold ALL Of Their Factories! - Ninurta - 10-22-2023

It'll be fine. How many rounds do you really need to get started resupplying off of the corpses of your enemies? One shot, One kill, and pick up around 300 rounds of ammo and all of his weapons - he ain't gonna need 'em any more.

Stock up on stuff to make your own - whatever kind you prefer. Get lead and bullet molds, and a few pound of powder. casings and primers, or the stuff to make 'em in my case.

Just having a company change hands doesn't mean anything. Companies change hands all the time and just keep on chugging right along. The guy in the video "has concerns" about a billionaire's ability to run a company and make money from it? Seriously? How do you reckon a Czech got to be a billionaire in the first place?

Most of those subsidiary companies I've never heard of, other than CCI, and as far as I know they stopped making the best ammo they ever made (Stingers) a couple of years ago. They also make the caps for my black powder revolver, but if they stop making them tomorrow, I'm still good, as I can make my own. I've got the cap maker and enough 'splodey powder for a couple thousand rounds of caps - it only costs about 10 bucks a thousand,, and I've still got about 300 CCI caps squirreled away, and another 300 cap shells or so already punched out, just waiting to get filled with 'splodey powder.. That's about 100 cylinders' worth of bang bangs, and it takes a while to run through 100 cylinders' worth. There ain't nothing roaming these woods on two legs or four that I can't drop with the gun.

At my stage of life, a couple thousand rounds are probably enough to do me the rest of my days any how. I'm not big on wasting ammo, never have been.

I've still got a pile of Lake City for the AR, and that ought to be enough to get me another pile off corpses if push comes to shove. I have a smaller pile of Russian steel case 9mm, too, so I'm set. The best advice I can give is to assess your projected ammo needs and get to stockpiling before things get tight.

RE: The Largest US Civilian Ammo Producer Just Sold ALL Of Their Factories! - Ninurta - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 03:00 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Too much ammo sent to the Ukraine? Or gearing up for WW III? Or cutting off supplies from "domestic terrorists"?

Probably not the Ukraine. All of the rifles I've seen in the Ukraine are either 7.62x39 Russian or 5.45x39 Russian, mostly the latter. However, Israel may be a prime target for ammunition export. We've sent just short of 65,000 M16A1's to Israel, and they're going to need to feed those, as well as the Galils and Tavors already still in service over there. Colt Model 653 AR's have also been pretty popular in Israel. A military that has suddenly grown 300%, to 300,000 troops from 100,000 troops also develops a sudden need for ammo.

Quote:Free Weapons to Israel

The U.S. also gives Israel weapons and ammunition as part of the Excess Defense Articles (EDA) program, providing these articles completely free of charge. Between 1994-2001 the U.S. provided many weapons through this program, including:
  • 64,744 M-16A1 rifles
  • 2,469 M-204 grenade launchers
  • 1,500 M-2 .50 caliber machine guns
  • .30 caliber, .50 caliber, and 20mm ammunition

RE: The Largest US Civilian Ammo Producer Just Sold ALL Of Their Factories! - Snarl - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 12:24 PM)Ninurta Wrote: It'll be fine. How many rounds do you really need to get started resupplying off of the corpses of your enemies? One shot, One kill, and pick up around 300 rounds of ammo and all of his weapons - he ain't gonna need 'em any more.

There ain't nothing roaming these woods on two legs or four that I can't drop with the gun.

Am recalling a story about a mama bear and her cubs. How good are you at recruiting?  Laughing

I should have mentioned the whole reason I drove out to VA was to drop off firearms to my son, my son-in-law, and to cache a few for me. I could've offered you some of the ammo I was hauling. My bad.

(10-22-2023, 12:24 PM)Ninurta Wrote: At my stage of life, a couple thousand rounds are probably enough to do me the rest of my days any how. I'm not big on wasting ammo, never have been.

The best advice I can give is to assess your projected ammo needs and get to stockpiling before things get tight.

The one thing that concerns me is the history of the United States' Great Depression. TPTB play the long game. None of 'em suffered during that period. Truth is, they can cut 'their own' supply lines ... starving us out ... while they feed off their savings.

We casually toss words around that are truly a poor definition of the numbers they represent. That Czech guy's worth a shade less than 2 billion. Well ... that's two thousand millions.

So let's say he's all-in. He'll, of course, have a set-aside of say ... 10 million. Enough to keep him floating for the rest of his life if necessary. For the guy who profits 100K/year (after taxes to keep it simple), that's a hundred years worth of work. Ain't none of us old folk have time fo' dat.

It's always about perspective. I keep going back to the first three words of your post ... and ... I fully agree. Heard God say almost the same thing in answer to a question I asked. MinusculeCheers