Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: Government Corruption Exposed (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears (/showthread.php?tid=1309)

Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears - Infolurker - 10-04-2023

A big long article on the subject. Yes, I also believe this Stasi like move by the Democrats is a direct weaponization of Federal agencies against their political opponents. Now half the country. 

Exclusive: Donald Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears

https://www.newsweek.com/2023/10/13/exclusive-fbi-targets-trump-followers-2024-election-nears-1831836.html

Quote:Republicans, on the other hand, see the FBI's focus on January 6th and the law-breaking associated with it as "weaponization" on the part of the Biden administration, to suppress GOP voters, to stigmatize the right wing and to transform what they see as principled dissent against societal norms—for example with regard to abortion, about what children are taught in public schools or in rejection of transgender categorizations—as extremism.

The left sees these same numbers as proof that Donald Trump and his supporters are not just dangerous to democracy but also that the government isn't doing enough. Michigan Senator Gary Peters, chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, consistently argues that the FBI is failing to fight the "full scope of white supremacist terrorist attacks." Others argue that the FBI (and law enforcement in general) is too sympathetic to white supremacists, a view punctuated by an assumption made by many after January 6 that a disproportionate number of protesters and those arrested were veterans or members of law enforcement (an allegation that isn't true when compared to their numbers in the general population).

Some experts, such as Brian Michael Jenkins, question whether conceiving of disgruntled Americans as terrorists is even a helpful exercise. "These are not people who are going underground," he says, referring to domestic terrorist organizations of the past such as the Black Panthers, the Weather Underground or the IRA or Red Brigades overseas. As Jenkins sees it, those we label as domestic terrorists—people marching with guns or those wearing military-like uniforms—are more performative than indicative of some true terrorism class in America. "This is not the '60s or '70s," when radical groups, even the civil rights and peace movements, were driven to violence," Jenkins says. "I don't think terrorism is a particularly useful framework for viewing this problem."

Quote:"Trump's army constitutes the greatest threat of violence domestically...politically...that's the reality and the problem set. That's what the FBI, as a law enforcement agency, has to deal with.

The revelations that some Trump supporters are being specifically targeted by the FBI fits with accusations from among them that the Bureau has them in its sights and is the political tool of a repressive deep state in Washington, D.C., bent on preserving the hold of the political establishment at the cost of democracy.

Such views are not only from the furthest fringe. Some of Trump's Republican allies in Congress have called for the FBI to be defunded over such accusations and the prosecution of Trump supporters over the January 6 attack. The fight over the FBI is in itself helping to stoke the political temperature ahead of the 2024 election.

Classified numbers seen by Newsweek substantiate the FBI public claims while also showing that a significant part of the increases in 2020 and 2021 were related to protests after the murder of George Floyd and during COVID as well the elections and January 6. That said, the data show clearly that the main targets of the investigations and cases open were of Trump supporters. While the number of investigations in 2021 almost doubled from 2020 to around 9,000, the number of "full investigations" that led to arrests was only 1,446, not much more than the number of 1,146 January 6 protesters who have been charged with a crime, according to the Justice Department.

Virtually all of the 2021 increases are specifically related to these events, including the enormous growth in what the FBI calls "assessments," which more than doubled from 2019 to 2021 and are revealed here for the first time.

Assessments are the most speculative of any FBI investigation, where a special agent or intelligence analyst only suspects wrongdoing because of association or encounter and further looks into someone's background. Assessments are the closest thing to domestic spying that exists in America and generally not talked about by the Bureau.
The data from the FBI shows a significant decline in the number of investigations and cases opened in the past year, in 2022, below 2020 levels—including a drop in the number of anti-government and anti-authority extremists (AGAAVEs) as a result of the closure of so many January 6-related cases.
And, according to FBI data obtained by Newsweek, 31 percent of its investigations now relate to AGAAVEs and 60 percent of all investigations include cases categorized as AGAAVE and "civil unrest"—marking a significant shift away from investigations associated with race-related causes or armed militias. Drilling further into the individual cases behind the numbers, nearly two-thirds of the FBI's current investigations are focused on Trump supporters and others suspected of violating what the FBI calls "anti-riot" laws.

Quote:The federal government believes that the threat of violence and major civil disturbances around the 2024 U.S. presidential election is so great that it has quietly created a new category of extremists that it seeks to track and counter: Donald Trump's army of MAGA followers.

The challenge for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the primary federal agency charged with law enforcement, is to pursue and prevent what it calls domestic terrorism without direct reference to political parties or affiliations—even though the vast majority of its current "anti-government" investigations are of Trump supporters, according to classified data obtained by Newsweek.

"The FBI is in an almost impossible position," says a current FBI official, who requested anonymity to discuss highly sensitive internal matters. The official said that the FBI is intent on stopping domestic terrorism and any repeat of the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. But the Bureau must also preserve the Constitutional right of all Americans to campaign, speak freely and protest the government. By focusing on former president Trump and his MAGA (Make America Great Again) supporters, the official said, the Bureau runs the risk of provoking the very anti-government activists that the terrorism agencies hope to counter.
"Especially at a time when the White House is facing Congressional Republican opposition claiming that the Biden administration has 'weaponized' the Bureau against the right wing, it has to tread very carefully," says the official.

[b]What the FBI Data Shows[/b]

From the president down, the Biden administration has presented Trump and MAGA as an existential threat to American democracy and talked up the risk of domestic terrorism and violence associated with the 2024 election campaign.
"Donald Trump and MAGA Republicans are a threat to the very soul of this country," President Biden tweeted last September, the first time that he explicitly singled out the former president. "MAGA Republicans aim to question not only the legitimacy of past elections but elections being held now and into the future," Biden said.
Biden's Homeland Security Advisor Liz Sherwood-Randall said: "The use of violence to pursue political ends is a profound threat to our public safety and national security...it is a threat to our national identity, our values, our norms, our rule of law—our democracy."
For Attorney General Merrick Garland: "Attacks by domestic terrorists are attacks on all of us collectively, aimed at rending the fabric of our democratic society and driving us apart."
Though the FBI's data shows a dip in the number of investigations since the slew of January 6 cases ended, FBI Director Christopher Wray still says that the breach of the Capitol building was "not an isolated event" and the threat is "not going away anytime soon." In a joint report to Congress this June, the Bureau and the Department of Homeland Security say that "Threats from...DVEs [domestic violent extremists] have increased in the last two years, and any further increases in threats likely will correspond to potential flashpoints, such as high-profile elections and campaigns or contentious current events."
The FBI and DHS report concludes: "Sociopolitical developments—such as narratives of fraud in the recent general election, the emboldening impact of the violent breach of the U.S. Capitol, conditions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, and conspiracy theories promoting violence—will almost certainly spur some domestic terrorists to try to engage in violence."
The threats listed in that paragraph are all clearly associated with America's right and in particular with Trump's MAGA supporters. Right after January 6, the FBI co-authored a restricted report ("Domestic Violent Extremists Emboldened in Aftermath of Capitol Breach, Elevated Domestic Terrorism Threat of Violence Likely Amid Political Transitions and Beyond") in which it shifted the definition of AGAAVE ("anti-government, anti-authority violent extremism") from "furtherance of ideological agendas" to "furtherance of political and/or social agendas." For the first time, such groups could be so labeled because of their politics.
It was a subtle change, little noticed, but a gigantic departure for the Bureau. Trump and his army of supporters were acknowledged as a distinct category of domestic violent extremists, even as the FBI was saying publicly that political views were never part of its criteria to investigate or prevent domestic terrorism. Where the FBI sees threats is also plain from the way it categorizes them—a system which on the surface is designed to appear nonpartisan. This shifted subtly days after the events of January 6 when it comes to what the Bureau calls AGAAVE.
"We cannot and do not investigate ideology," a senior FBI official reassured the press after January 6. "We focus on individuals who commit or intend to commit violence or criminal activity that constitutes a federal crime or poses a threat to national security."
But the FBI went further in October 2022 when it created a new subcategory—"AGAAVE-Other"—of those who were a threat but do not fit into its anarchist, militia or Sovereign Citizen groups. Introduced without any announcement, and reported here for the first time, the new classification is officially defined as "domestic violent extremists who cite anti-government or anti-authority motivations for violence or criminal activity not otherwise defined, such as individuals motivated by a desire to commit violence against those with a real or perceived association with a specific political party or faction of a specific political party."

RE: Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears - Grace - 10-04-2023

I just HAVE to:

Hahaha hahaha

But honestly, screw them. Gas chambers are next - just waiting for them.

RE: Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears - Ninurta - 10-05-2023

The current tendency for folks on the political Left to denounce anyone or anything with an opinion in opposition to their own as "an existential threat to 'Our Democracy' " is troubling. First, what is it they mean bu 'Our Democracy'? WHO do they include in 'Our'? What do they think "Democracy" means?

Actual democracy flows from the ground up, it is not imposed from the top down. There is another term altogether for that sort of political arrangement. In an actual democracy, it is supposed to be the People themselves who choose and direct a government to lead them - not a bureaucracy telling those people what to do and how to think.

When 51% of a population - or 25% of a population - dictate to the other 49% - or 75% - what to think, how to think, and how to act... OR ELSE... that is not a "democracy", either. It's what Karl Marx referred to as "the dictatorship of the proletariat".

It's Marxism, pure and simple... and any sort of dictatorship is a BAD thing.

An overly-strong - or strong-armed - central government is a feature of every single communist dictatorship that has ever existed. Matter of fact, an overly strong central government handing edicts down from on high to the masses is the very definition of a dictatorship. A paramilitary police force - cough cough FBI, IRS, TSA, DHS, ETC.. is another defining feature of communist dictatorships, or just dictatorships in general. A dictator has to have a critical mass of enforcers, They are sent after political opposition, and used to suppress dissent. Kinda like what Obama did with the IRS vs. Conservatives, what Biden is doing now with the FBI vs. "MAGA" Conservatives, or what Bush's DHS "Fusion Centers" is quietly doing to local police forces and militarizing them.

So, when the thoughts and opinions of nearly (or over) half of a "democratic" population are suppressed and criminalized, just WHO is the real existential threat to democracy? The "terrorists" being criminalized for merely having an opinion, or the terrorists criminalizing the population for daring to think independently of what they are told to think?

===============================

What do they have against MAGA? Do they understand that it stands for "Make America Great Again"? What do they have against making America great?

Why do they hate America?

.===============================

If merely having an opinion and being able to independently think makes me an "existential threat to THEIR democracy" (it's not "OUR democracy" unless we and our opinions are included rather than excluded and suppressed), then so be it. Come and get me - but make sure I have my day in court to put forth my argument. Media cameras are welcome - unlike them, I have nothing to hide.

Let's DO this!

RE: Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears - 727Sky - 10-05-2023

If you look down between your toes and feet I am some were on the other side of the planet...Yet when I read this kind of idiocy I can not feel anything but pity and frustration on how far my country has fallen into despair and stupidity. Sure I can see some kind of kick back chaos if the left steals another election as it should be.. I just hope if it goes down (armed chaos) it will be a clean sweep for the good guys.

I think if I were living in the states My ammo and rifle choice would now be a 308 with good glass .. can use that to get an F-15 or F-16 or A-10 or ?? !! hahahahah whatever it would be a one way mission for these old bones ! Big Eyes Sure

I used to think the 556 was the best chamber round due to the police and military both using that Caliber and it still may be a wise choice. 

762.39 after about 150 yards you might as well be throwing rocks as the bullet drop is terrible or at least it was in my AR, SKS, and AK-47's.  Funny the SKS was more accurate than all the others?? But that was Pig hunting days and prolly has nothing to do with what might happen in the future.... 7.62x39 close up would at least destroy a cinder block building if the fire was concentrated on one block at a time..

After experimenting around I ended up using 5.56 AR's and night scopes because you could reach out and DRT a pig with no problem.. One daylight shot was 327 for a DRT pig..one shot one kill....hey I got-ta brag a little !! hahahah

RE: Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears - F2d5thCav - 10-05-2023

Not surprising the Dem leadership is paranoid after the 2020 elections.  They know their 'win' was not legitimate.  As someone here or on TOS recently mentioned, they have to keep cheating if they don't want to face legal consequences.

727Sky-- doubt it would be a 'clean sweep'. Too much entrenched ideology in the USA now. Likely outcome would a fragmented former USA with "red and blue chunks" dotting the map. And then some other country will come along to bite off parts or the whole.

Cheers

RE: Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears - Ninurta - 10-05-2023

(10-05-2023, 03:53 AM)727Sky Wrote: If you look down between your toes and feet I am some were on the other side of the planet...Yet when I read this kind of idiocy I can not feel anything but pity and frustration on how far my country has fallen into despair and stupidity. Sure I can see some kind of kick back chaos if the left steals another election as it should be.. I just hope if it goes down (armed chaos) it will be a clean sweep for the good guys.

I think if I were living in the states My ammo and rifle choice would now be a 308 with good glass .. can use that to get an F-15 or F-16 or A-10 or ?? !! hahahahah whatever it would be a one way mission for these old bones ! Big Eyes Sure

I used to think the 556 was the best chamber round due to the police and military both using that Caliber and it still may be a wise choice. 

762.39 after about 150 yards you might as well be throwing rocks as the bullet drop is terrible or at least it was in my AR, SKS, and AK-47's.  Funny the SKS was more accurate than all the others?? But that was Pig hunting days and prolly has nothing to do with what might happen in the future.... 7.62x39 close up would at least destroy a cinder block building if the fire was concentrated on one block at a time..

After experimenting around I ended up using 5.56 AR's and night scopes because you could reach out and DRT a pig with no problem.. One daylight shot was 327 for a DRT pig..one shot one kill....hey I got-ta brag a little !! hahahah

I've got a scoped .308 to reach out, reach out and touch a target. I've got an AR for when there are just a shit-load of targets in desperate need of being touched. I've got a .22 because some times you just gotta eat a rabbit... or groundhog... or squirrel... And I've got a 9mm for when the barbarians are actually at the gates.

I've got a cap and ball revolver with a 7 1/2 inch barrel, because I don't trust them to not cut off the ammo supply, and I can feed that one myself - plus that long barrel gives it a bit of range. Not a lot, but more than a rock. It's sighted in for 75 yards. They liked taking out threats at a distance back in the day.

The AR has no 'scope because, why? Why would it? It's not a sniper rifle, it's for hosing down mass rabbit wave attacks.

Neither of the pistols is scoped. Who the hell uses sights on a pistol, anyhow? You just point it and devastate. If you take time to sight it, yer moving too slow, and giving the target a chance to get too close. No percentages in that!

But "they" will have to come to me. I'm too damned old and decrepit to go out hunting for them any more.

---------------------------

But be careful of telling folks you can get an F-16 with a rifle. They don't know that, and won't believe you. I don't think they train on that even in the military any more. They want you to think their shit is invincible - remember how Old Joe told us we didn't have a prayer if we didn't have an F-15 of our own to put up against his?

I still have a picture of a Russian Mi-8 chopper that was brought down with an ancient, decrepit British .303 Enfield left over from Kipling's war in Afghanistan, The guy that took it down is standing on top of it with his rifle, like a trophy hunter posing with an elephant... wait one, and I'll see if I can find it and post it.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1365]

RE: Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears - 727Sky - 10-05-2023

Quote:727Sky-- doubt it would be a 'clean sweep'. Too much entrenched ideology in the USA now. Likely outcome would a fragmented former USA with "red and blue chunks" dotting the map. And then some other country will come along to bite off parts or the whole.

While I agree I figure there are those with a few red dots behind them that can eliminate all the blue dots for at least a generation.... and it would not take that long. No water, no food deliveries by Red dots and looters shot on sight does a lot of mind changing in short order IMO...but I probably have a Genghis Khan gene floating around in me someplace..? In a war if I am forced to fight I am either all in or I stay home and watch my yard carefully !! hahahah

RE: Trump Followers Targeted by FBI as 2024 Election Nears - Snarl - 10-06-2023

I'm tellin' ya ... if you cast an aspersion on a federal agency ... and any part of it sticks

Throw that baby out with the bath water. The top-level organization should be heavily penalized as well ... like chop off the top 90% of wage earners up there for their failure to manage. If lessons are never taught to the government in this way ... they'll never learn and they'll keep on keeping on.

If I was elected ... on day 1:
Move the Coast Guard under the DoD and disband DHS.
"What about the Border Patrol," you ask? Substitute the military and green light them to shoot anyone crossing the border illegally. "What about the ones who are already here?" Put a $50 bounty on 'em ... cut welfare ... watch the fun.

National Security Council - gone
Council of Economic Advisers - gone
Council on Environmental Quality - gone
Office of the U.S. Trade Representative - gone
Office of National Drug Control Policy - gone
Office of Science and Technology Policy - gone
NASA - gone
Central Intelligence Agency - gone
Environmental Protection Agency - gone
United States Agency for International Development - gone
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation - gone
National Railroad Passenger Corporation - gone