Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Idiots - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: Political news and more (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Idiots (/showthread.php?tid=1304)

Idiots - Infolurker - 10-02-2023

My brain hurts just from reading this illogical garbage. Want to see the dumbest article of today (well, that I know of anyway)?

This logic should be the end of it but somehow it is not..

Quote:"The only reason that a student will be stopped is if the machine beeps — that is independent of what the student looks like, who they are, what gender, what race or ethnicity. In terms of students being targeted more from a particular demographic over another, that won't happen because it's an objective beep machine that'll be the cause for a stop of any student," she said.

Will weapon detectors at Salt Lake high schools disproportionally affect students of color?

https://www.ksl.com/article/50713905/will-weapon-detectors-at-salt-lake-high-schools-disproportionally-affect-students-of-color

Quote:A number of school safety experts warn that security measures like metal detectors are not a safety guarantee and instead can be detrimental to students — especially those from communities of color.

"The goal is to make sure that we're using every tool in our arsenal to keep students safe, but can't come at the cost of making them feel unsafe in other ways, of course. So we're we're taking that into account."

"Our students are already under so much stress," Baayd said. "Walking through a weapon detector is emotionally exhausting. I am speaking from my own experiences. I walk through TSA and I have to prepare myself two days in advance and worry if that weapon detector or that scanner goes off. ... And also I'm thinking about the minority kids who come from the refugee world, from places of war and then they would have to walk in through this and if it beeps, it's a nightmare. I don't know how to explain it to you."
Other board members said while they understand and appreciate Anderson's and Baayd's concerns, parents from a variety of backgrounds have pleaded with board members for the machines. KSL-TV also reported that parents are divided over the measure.
"I know that we need to recognize that it's challenging for individuals, but then we also need to consider that there are other individuals and many parents that this is giving them some peace of mind," board member Bryan Jensen said.

Odis Johnson, the executive director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Safe & Healthy Schools, says the center's research has linked different forms of school surveillance — ranging from metal detectors to book bag searches — to poorer educational outcomes, such as lower math scores and lower likelihood of college enrollment as well as a higher likelihood of being suspended.
A number of studies have also found that school surveillance methods are more likely to be used at schools with a more diverse student body. Johnson, for example, said his center found African American students were four times more likely to be enrolled in such schools.
The Salt Lake City School District has opted to roll out the measure at all high schools but Innovations Early College High School. But Johnson said there is still cause for concern since the measure is being adopted in a diverse, urban school district and not across the state. In fact, Salt Lake City School District is one of the most racially and ethnically diverse districts in the state with a minority student population of 59%.
"It ends up exacerbating those disparities that are really the story nationwide, and that's a concern," he said. "While the technology may be implemented in every school ... we've got to keep in mind that children don't respond equally to similar technology because they come from communities, they come from experiences with not only the technology and teachers but the justice system, which tends to entangle kids from minoritized backgrounds, historically, at higher rates than any other population. So it's not just equal opportunity in terms of the technology; it's unequal opportunity in how kids respond to the same technology."

Either put them in or don't. 

Don't bring guns and knives to class and you won't get stopped... pretty damned easy.

Don't get suspended and have a better freeking educational outcome... who would have thought?

rant over.

EDIT... OK, I was wrong..... This level of idiocy is even worse!!

Los Angeles' controversial new zero-bail policy takes effect after judge ruled that cash bail discriminates against minorities and the poor

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12585465/Los-Angeles-zero-bail-takes-effect.html

Nevermind, we are going for 3 today. Idiocracy....

Lawmaker questioned after pulling fire alarm in House building to delay vote: report

https://www.rawstory.com/house-dem-fire-alarm/

Quote:"Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) was caught on camera pulling the Cannon fire alarm ahead of this motion to adjourn vote as Dems tried to delay the CR vote, multiple sources tell me," she said on Saturday. "We have reached out to him for comment - we haven't viewed footage ourselves."

Beavers then added, "There was an alert to Capitol police officers to locate him, I'm told."

"Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) was caught on camera pulling the Cannon fire alarm ahead of this motion to adjourn vote as Dems tried to delay the CR vote, multiple sources tell me," she said on Saturday. "We have reached out to him for comment - we haven't viewed footage ourselves."

Beavers then added, "There was an alert to Capitol police officers to locate him, I'm told."

RE: Idiots - Snarl - 10-03-2023

(10-02-2023, 07:48 PM)Infolurker Wrote: This logic should be the end of it but somehow it is not.

Either put them in or don't. 

Don't bring guns and knives to class and you won't get stopped... pretty damned easy.

Don't get suspended and have a better freeking educational outcome... who would have thought?

rant over.

They need to STOP spending money.

If they kicked troublemakers out of school ... that would be the end of it. Geez ... wonder where I learned that?

1. Ya don't pass first grade? Repeat first grade.
  2. Too big to be in first grade? Go find work as an apprentice somewhere.
  3. Cause a commotion? Get suspended. This ain't the breakfast club.
  4. Keep it up? Get expelled and see the answer to #2 above.
  5. Hurt somebody? Get expelled and see the answer to #2 above.
  6. Teacher can't run the class? Fire her and no more work with kids
  7. Principal can't run the school? Fire him and no more work with kids.

It sucks living in Clown World.

RE: Idiots - Schmoe - 10-04-2023

You weren't exaggerating about losing brain cells from that article, pretty sure I drooled a bit.

The sheer exhaustion of walking through metal detectors, I don't know how those kids manage.  

Yes, those poor criminals who can't afford to post bail.  What can we do for them?  We need to do SOMETHING, surely?  Yes, they're only criminals because they're poor, it has nothing to do with a cultural problem.

The way things are going, it'll get to a point where something's gotta give, one way or another...

RE: Idiots - ancientlight - 10-04-2023

Hopefully the pendulum swings back to the sane side soon, I'm very tired of this clown world.

RE: Idiots - Snarl - 10-04-2023

(10-04-2023, 12:16 PM)ancientlight Wrote: Hopefully the pendulum swings back to the sane side soon, I'm very tired of this clown world.

I need to keep working ... LMAO. I've had time to read the funny papers ... and what I see ain't pretty.

I honestly think we may have entered a Revolution and the vast majority of people haven't seen it yet. We call it Clown World, because we can't believe what they're seeing ... and they certainly aren't seeing the face value of what's before them ... because it hasn't started to affect them 'painfully'.

ETA: I watched a very intriguing interview with a fella who said that Biden's rep is so low his puppet masters have to rely on institutions to further progress this agenda. That, if the institutions (government, media, education, etc.) put up no resistance to going over the cliff ... that we're going over the cliff.

Another interview/podcast thing I listened to before that addressed how the media is being pressured to silence people like Russel Brand, Tucker Carlson, Joe Rogan, etc. They sequester them onto less frequently accessed platforms like Rumble or Spotify or X ... where they're less likely to be a viral influence.

Herding of the Sheople indeed ... Keeping the wolves at bay.  Laughing Laughing Laughing

RE: Idiots - F2d5thCav - 10-04-2023

Let's go CT with this.

What are those machines really doing to those kids ?

Laughing

Cheers

RE: Idiots - Snarl - 10-04-2023

(10-04-2023, 03:48 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Let's go CT with this.

Laughing

Cheers

Normalizing.

Ya know I was looking back over my shoulder thinking, "I've seen this before. Where did I 'see' it?"

And then I remembered: I saw this on a trip into Poland. I saw it on a trip into Czechoslovakia.

It's hordes of people doing because 'or else!!' Not doing because 'or else!!' Or dashing about like sheep dogs.

_This_ is what those machines are doing to the kids.

ETA: The tune above was banned in Korea while I was stationed there.  Laughing Wink

RE: Idiots - ABNARTY - 10-04-2023

Wow! I did not know that walking through a metal detector is exhausting per the one article's author.

But I agree with the general sentiment on here. Put them in or don't. If you really think it will stop school shootings, then go for it. I'm sure the "trauma" of walking through a scanner is less harmful than a bullet to the body. But I am not a doctor.  

Yes, the usual suspects will start claiming racism or sexism or some other -ism. It's what they do to stay relevant. They don't know anything else. You cannot avoid their circus. Clowns gonna clown.

RE: Idiots - F2d5thCav - 10-04-2023

"But I am not a doctor"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cheers

Snarl--
No, no.  Those machines are actually vax'ing those kids.  The metal detector explanation is just a ruse  Big Grin

Cheers

RE: Idiots - Grace - 10-04-2023

(10-04-2023, 04:03 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 03:48 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Let's go CT with this.

Laughing

Cheers

Normalizing.

Ya know I was looking back over my shoulder thinking, "I've seen this before. Where did I 'see' it?"

And then I remembered: I saw this on a trip into Poland. I saw it on a trip into Czechoslovakia.

It's hordes of people doing because 'or else!!' Not doing because 'or else!!' Or dashing about like sheep dogs.

_This_ is what those machines are doing to the kids.

ETA: The tune above was banned in Korea while I was stationed there.  Laughing Wink

Amen to that @"Snarl"#9 - I did everything in my power to keep my kids out of schools that put in metal detectors. I'm completely against them. 

If we allowed parents to parent their children, educated our kids versus indoctrination and kept our neighborhoods safe (police etc) we wouldn't have these problems.