Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
GRB and a real SHTF scenario - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue-Nation's Imaginarium (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+--- Forum: Long Stories (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+--- Thread: GRB and a real SHTF scenario (/showthread.php?tid=1202)

GRB and a real SHTF scenario - 727Sky - 08-28-2023

The story is the after effects of a Gamma Ray Burst upon civilization.. I am in the first hour of the audio book but so far it is interesting, well written, and intelligent. Enjoy..

Quote:Imagine a world where life as we know it is shattered in an instant. We delve into the catastrophic aftermath of a Gamma Ray Burst (GRB) event, an unprecedented cosmic catastrophe that wipes out half of Earth's population. Join us as we follow a group of survivors on their perilous journey to the small town of Mercy, their last bastion of hope. But survival in this new world requires more than preparedness; it demands strength in the face of unimaginable challenges. Discover the untold story of a disaster no one can fully prepare for and the resilience of the human spirit in the face of devastation. Prepare to immerse yourself in the timeless allure of the undead with "Zombie Craze Unleashed: The Enduring Enigma of the Walking Dead." As you listen, we'll unravel the evolution of zombies throughout history, infecting the realms of literature, movies, and our collective imagination. Whether you're a devoted fan of the undead or just curious about their enduring fascination, let the gripping narrative take you on a journey through the mysteries of the walking dead. Tune in and embark on an enthralling exploration of the undead's undying appeal.

RE: GRB and a real SHTF scenario - NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-28-2023

(08-28-2023, 12:20 PM)727Sky Wrote: The story is the after effects of a Gamma Ray Burst upon civilization.. I am in the first hour of the audio book but so far it is interesting, well written, and intelligent. Enjoy..
Thanks. I am floundering through "Ashley". I love Dean Koontz, but "Ashley" has failed to grab me. 

So I need something to get me back into the passion of of reading. 

Will start this one later today.

I see there is a "Flash 2'. If "Flash 1" is good, then I will follow it up right away with book 2. 

Keep the suggestions coming.

Again, thanks.

RE: GRB and a real SHTF scenario - Infolurker - 09-04-2023

Appears the video has been made private.

RE: GRB and a real SHTF scenario - Ninurta - 09-05-2023

Yup, it has. There were 3 of them, and all have been made "private" now. I downloaded them to local for listening later using the "Easy YouTube Video Downloader" add-on for Firefox, that puts a little green button just below the video to download videos with.

If you're into SciFi, than these are still available as of now:

"The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

"Star Raider"

"After London"

And I think this one is post-apocalyptic zombies -

"Sea Sick"

I think Sky has finally successfully gotten me hooked on audiobooks. I always wanted hard copy before, but after this I find I can read them even with my eyes closed, and that's a GOOD thing considering how my sight is going these days!

Now I reckon I've got to get in touch with Franklin and find out how to go about getting his "Borrowed World" series in audio. I've fallen behind in getting the hard-copy books, and think getting the audio may be a bit easier on me.

The downside is that after the apocalypse comes, and there isn't any power any more, I won't be able to "read" the audiobooks, and of course I'm not likely to be able to get signed copies of Franklin's books in their audio version...

RE: GRB and a real SHTF scenario - EndtheMadnessNow - 09-06-2023

Not sure what the video was but here's another Youtube link to the 10 hour (Post) Apocalypse, Zombie Audiobook: Flash 1

RE: GRB and a real SHTF scenario - 727Sky - 09-06-2023

(09-06-2023, 12:03 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Not sure what the video was but here's another Youtube link to the 10 hour (Post) Apocalypse, Zombie Audiobook: Flash 1
Yep that is the same video... It seems like videos come up and are taken down within a week to only reappear at another poster's location.

RE: GRB and a real SHTF scenario - 727Sky - 11-11-2023

I finished this audio book. IMO it was well written and entertaining and worth my time as a time killer.