Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: The Great Climate Change Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 (/showthread.php?tid=1178)

14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Infolurker - 08-23-2023

Progressive Totalitarians always ruin the party don't they? Now they have their "Green Religion" to justify the crazy they have always tried to implement using other ideologies. 

https://redstate.com/wardclark/2023/08/21/14-american-cities-aim-to-ban-meat-dairy-private-cars-by-2030-n2162855?

Quote:In a move that is just downright daffy, not to mention leaning hard into totalitarianism, 14 American cities are aiming at what is sure to be an elusive target: banning meat and dairy consumption and the use of private automobiles - in just seven years.

Quote:Fourteen major American cities are part of a globalist climate organization known as the “C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group,” which has an “ambitious target” by the year 2030 of “0 kg [of] meat consumption,” “0 kg [of] dairy consumption,” “3 new clothing items per person per year,” “0 private vehicles” owned, and “1 short-haul return flight (less than 1500 km) every 3 years per person.” 
C40’s dystopian goals can be found in its “The Future of Urban Consumption in a 1.5°C World” report, which was published in 2019 and reportedly reemphasized in 2023. The organization is headed and largely funded by Democrat billionaire Michael Bloomberg. Nearly 100 cities across the world make up the organization, and its American members include Austin, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., and Seattle.

There is, of course, one thing all of those cities have in common; indeed, it's the same thing most major urban areas have in common.

Just to belabor the obvious, these people are elitists of the worst sort. There is an apocryphal quote attributed to the Duke of Wellington, who supposedly opposed the development of passenger railroads. The Duke supposedly claimed that these railroads would "promote unrest by allowing the lower classes to travel too freely about." That is, as you can see, precisely the mindset we see in play here:

Quote:Climate activists are also advocating for “climate lockdowns,” in the same way there were Covid lockdowns. Ideas floated for a climate lockdown have ranged from shuttering people in their homes and restricting air travel to providing a Universal Basic Income and introducing a maximum income level.

Climate dystopianism doesn’t end there. WEF-linked “bioethicist” Dr. Matthew Liao has proposed the idea of scientists genetically modify humans to be allergic to meat. Liao has also discussed shrinking the physical size of humans via eugenics or hormone injections so they consume fewer resources.

It's unclear how a "maximum income level" (which certainly wouldn't apply to grafting politicians) would help with carbon emissions unless, of course, it's set so low as to prevent people from being able to afford to travel, or eat well, or heat their homes. It's too bad there isn't some kind of historical example these leftists could examine to see how well their model works.

It is, of course, the grossest of understatements to say that all of these proposals are anathema to the concept of personal liberty. It's also pretty obvious that were any of these cities to attempt to legislate any of this, they would be hit with mass unrest and would certainly be slapped down in the courts. There is just no justification, climate change or no climate change, to completely rewrite the very basis of our society like this. We are, or at least are supposed to be, free people, with a government that protects our rights, especially our liberty and property. Liberty, of course, includes "I'll eat what I want, I'm paying for it myself, and if anyone doesn't like it, I'll tell them where to head in." But liberty isn't the goal here; as my colleague Becky Noble recently wrote, these elites are more than willing to force compliance.

Eating meat is the very basis of humanity. People have been eating meat since there have been people. Human society had its beginnings in the act of banding together to hunt game that a single human couldn't take on alone; the beginnings of technology were when people started sharpening sticks to hunt with. The primary thing that makes us human, our brains, are huge metabolic gas-guzzlers and are made possible only by a diet that contains protein and plenty of it.

It's possible to meet all of your body's energy needs with a plant-based diet, but it's a lot easier to do it with some animal protein, be it meat or dairy. And it's much more delicious, too. That matters, no matter what anyone thinks. Our diet is a big part of our quality of life; we should be able to enjoy eating.

I'll keep on eating meat, and nobody better try to prevent me from doing so. As long as there are grouse in the forests, moose in the marshes, and fish in the rivers, we'll continue making our diet including healthy animal protein, no matter what anyone at Davos thinks about it, no matter what the green activists think I ought to eat.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Schmoe - 08-23-2023

They want to ban cars and replace them with...public transportation?  But isn't that bad for the spreading of the Covid?  I'm still on the fence with whether these people are that stupid, or that incompetent.  Maybe a nice blend of both, Idiocracy-style.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - ancientlight - 08-23-2023

I'm just numb right now, I'm at a loss for words. I want to cry , I want to kill myself ( I won't have a child, but I'm severely depressed), I see no way out of this. 
If this continues we are doomed. 

They want to alter our genese so we consume fewer resources?! These 'people' are criminally insane

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Schmoe - 08-23-2023

(08-23-2023, 02:24 AM)ancientlight Wrote: I'm just numb right now, I'm at a loss for words. I want to cry , I want to kill myself ( I won't have a child, but I'm severely depressed), I see no way out of this. 

They want to alter our genese so we consume fewer resources?! These 'people' are criminally insane

I think they're actually working themselves up to be put firmly back in their place.  They keep dipping their toes deeper and deeper, eventually they'll misjudge what they can get away with and they'll have a rude awakening.  Imagine if January 6th was actually an insurrection in earnest.  The "useless mouths" would have won.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - 727Sky - 08-23-2023

Make gas and insurance so expensive most people can not afford to own a car.. They did that with general aviation already. 

Make dairy products and meat so expensive with taxes and pressure on the suppliers that no one can produce and make a profit.

Everything goes up with the price of petroleum products making deliveries of everything cost more. Simple program to price people out of something you do not want them doing..

Freedom is not given but must be taken from the bastards that want to control your every breath.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Infolurker - 08-23-2023

(08-23-2023, 02:24 AM)ancientlight Wrote: I'm just numb right now, I'm at a loss for words. I want to cry , I want to kill myself ( I won't have a child, but I'm severely depressed), I see no way out of this. 

No reason to be depressed though I get that helpless feeling creeping in occasionally. 

This is all predicted in the Bible, we know what is coming and how it will end.

Yeshua Hamashiach / Jesus The Messiah is the answer.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Michigan Swamp Buck - 08-23-2023

The slippery slope is real. We can see where this is heading, can't we?

This isn't going to be some bizarre sci-fi distopian world as described, it's going to be a major culling. These ideas of controlling the masses to save the world aren't going to work, not financially or any other way. They will be giving the world the Nazi death camp treatment, they know it and the rest is bullshit.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - xuenchen - 08-23-2023

Oh Look Clyde !!  The perfect wide-area prison system !!

Cool

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Snarl - 08-23-2023

Not wise to be living within a city these days. Probably unwise to be living within walking distance of one.

(08-23-2023, 11:15 PM)Snarl Wrote: Not wise to be living within a city these days. Probably unwise to be living within walking distance of one.

Gonna have to channel my inner Snake Plissken.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Ninurta - 08-24-2023

Oddly, this does not worry me, as I don't live in a city. City folks might need to concern themselves with it, but then again they've made their choices in trading their security in for convenience... and most of them don't want to return to security and give up the convenience. So, they are corralled in urban centers like so many sheep or cattle, just waiting for the slaughter. And, like the sheep and cattle in the holding pens, most are blissfully unaware that the clock is ticking on them.

I think about 70% or so of the US population lives in a city - flipped from a hundred years ago when 70% lived in the country - ans nearly 50% lives withing 100 miles of a coastline. That leaves a LOT of the interior to hide in for inventive folks.

By the time the shoe drops, city folks will already have been disarmed and had their transportation revoked, just like the plan says. Nothing to do then but wait for the executioner for them. Sure, some may walk out of the cities when they see what time it is, searching the countryside for food, but it's been my experience that hungry refugees will not generally travel more than a 3 day walk from their home base, so, figuring an ambitious 20 miles a day for out of shape urbanites, if you are more than 60 miles from a city, then you should not see much action other than stragglers, HUNGRY and therefore weakened stragglers, and they are easy enough to deal with.

The plan won't work in the countryside, because travel distances are too great to give up their transportation out in the hinterlands. It can only work in a city, which is why that is where it is being implemented.

Just learn how to deal with surveillance eyes in the skies, like helicopters and drones, and you'll be fairly safe out in the hinterlands. Get overhead cover, and don't venture from it at night (because your heat signature is more contrasted, more visible against the night-cooled ground), and you'll be fine. Ponchos made of mylar "space blankets" can help if you do have to go out - just a human head has about the same signature as a raccoon, and those are everywhere out here in the night time.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - dbcowboy - 08-24-2023

(08-23-2023, 11:50 PM)Schmoe Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 11:15 PM)Snarl Wrote: Not wise to be living within a city these days. Probably unwise to be living within walking distance of one.

Gonna have to channel my inner Snake Plissken.
I heard he was dead.

Smile

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Schmoe - 08-24-2023

(08-24-2023, 07:29 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Oddly, this does not worry me, as I don't live in a city. City folks might need to concern themselves with it, but then again they've made their choices in trading their security in for convenience... and most of them don't want to return to security and give up the convenience. So, they are corralled in urban centers like so many sheep or cattle, just waiting for the slaughter. And, like the sheep and cattle in the holding pens, most are blissfully unaware that the clock is ticking on them.

I think about 70% or so of the US population lives in a city - flipped from a hundred years ago when 70% lived in the country - ans nearly 50% lives withing 100 miles of a coastline. That leaves a LOT of the interior to hide in for inventive folks.

By the time the shoe drops, city folks will already have been disarmed and had their transportation revoked, just like the plan says. Nothing to do then but wait for the executioner for them. Sure, some may walk out of the cities when they see what time it is, searching the countryside for food, but it's been my experience that hungry refugees will not generally travel more than a 3 day walk from their home base, so, figuring an ambitious 20 miles a day for out of shape urbanites, if you are more than 60 miles from a city, then you should not see much action other than stragglers, HUNGRY and therefore weakened stragglers, and they are easy enough to deal with.

The plan won't work in the countryside, because travel distances are too great to give up their transportation out in the hinterlands. It can only work in a city, which is why that is where it is being implemented.

Just learn how to deal with surveillance eyes in the skies, like helicopters and drones, and you'll be fairly safe out in the hinterlands. Get overhead cover, and don't venture from it at night (because your heat signature is more contrasted, more visible against the night-cooled ground), and you'll be fine. Ponchos made of mylar "space blankets" can help if you do have to go out - just a human head has about the same signature as a raccoon, and those are everywhere out here in the night time.

I'm just in time then, leaving Philly forever in about 2 weeks.  Well, just in time, for me, would have been years ago, but what can you do.  It does feel like a death trap.  People are rude when things are going reasonably well, I can't imagine how it would be if shit met fan.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Ninurta - 08-25-2023

(08-24-2023, 11:43 PM)Schmoe Wrote: I'm just in time then, leaving Philly forever in about 2 weeks.  Well, just in time, for me, would have been years ago, but what can you do.  It does feel like a death trap.  People are rude when things are going reasonably well, I can't imagine how it would be if shit met fan.

I'm glad to hear it! Cities are too controllable - you can control hundreds of thousands of people simply by controlling what enters or exits via a very few access points. That's why all their plans for world domination involve cities - this scheme, the "15 minute CITIES", etc. It's also why they have been slowly herding people into cities over time, since about the 1950's.

Cities are also bad places to be in the event of wars - one bomb can gt a lot of people, more bang for the buck, and they are a lot easier to beseige by just eliminating or controlling the aforementioned access points.

My Dear Old Dad got herded into a city (Cleveland) during the "Great Appalachian Migration" of the 1950's, with promises of work. After about 15 or 16 years, he said "nopenopenope!" and we hightailed it back to the hills, where things are less... controllable.

Back then, the population distribution was about 60 or 65% rural, 35 or 40% urban. In the years since then, with all the herding going on, it is now about 70 or 80% urban, 20 or 30% rural. I got caught up in that mess too, and spent most of my earlier days in cities. It took me a long time to escape, but when I was about  53, I finally made the escape back out into the wild.

I ain't going back. They'll never take me alive, and if they wait too long, they won't even get that chance!

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Schmoe - 08-25-2023

(08-25-2023, 03:14 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 11:43 PM)Schmoe Wrote: I'm just in time then, leaving Philly forever in about 2 weeks.  Well, just in time, for me, would have been years ago, but what can you do.  It does feel like a death trap.  People are rude when things are going reasonably well, I can't imagine how it would be if shit met fan.

I'm glad to hear it! Cities are too controllable - you can control hundreds of thousands of people simply by controlling what enters or exits via a very few access points. That's why all their plans for world domination involve cities - this scheme, the "15 minute CITIES", etc. It's also why they have been slowly herding people into cities over time, since about the 1950's.

Cities are also bad places to be in the event of wars - one bomb can gt a lot of people, more bang for the buck, and they are a lot easier to beseige by just eliminating or controlling the aforementioned access points.

My Dear Old Dad got herded into a city (Cleveland) during the "Great Appalachian Migration" of the 1950's, with promises of work. After about 15 or 16 years, he said "nopenopenope!" and we hightailed it back to the hills, where things are less... controllable.

Back then, the population distribution was about 60 or 65% rural, 35 or 40% urban. In the years since then, with all the herding going on, it is now about 70 or 80% urban, 20 or 30% rural. I got caught up in that mess too, and spent most of my earlier days in cities. It took me a long time to escape, but when I was about  53, I finally made the escape back out into the wild.

I ain't going back. They'll never take me alive, and if they wait too long, they won't even get that chance!

I'm jealous.  If I didn't have kids, I'd have definitely packed up for the middle of nowhere by now.  I can't tell you how annoyed I get going outside at night and only seeing a handful of stars.  People living within feet of each other.  The noise.  The congestion.  People are not supposed to live like that.  At least I'm not.  Hell, even a lot of the immediate suburbs are too densely populated for my taste.

I do hear more and more people saying the same thing though, and if the market for everything wasn't so shitty, I think a lot of people would have fled the city by now.  It's easy to get trapped when everything costs an arm and a leg.

6 months I spent looking for a house to buy, maybe more.  I didn't have a huge budget to begin with, so you can imagine my hope when my mortgage guy said he had someone approved at $550k, with $60k in the bank, and still couldn't win a bid.  It's amazing the difference in pricing between the city and something rural an hour away.  That $300k, two-bedroom, 1,000 square foot house in the city would practically get you a mansion in the country.  With land.  I've seen highrise apartments sold for over $200k.  I don't understand who would want that.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Infolurker - 08-25-2023

(08-25-2023, 05:23 AM)Schmoe Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 03:14 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

I'm jealous.  If I didn't have kids, I'd have definitely packed up for the middle of nowhere by now.  I can't tell you how annoyed I get going outside at night and only seeing a handful of stars.  People living within feet of each other.  The noise.  The congestion.  People are not supposed to live like that.  At least I'm not.  Hell, even a lot of the immediate suburbs are too densely populated for my taste.

I do hear more and more people saying the same thing though, and if the market for everything wasn't so shitty, I think a lot of people would have fled the city by now.  It's easy to get trapped when everything costs an arm and a leg.

6 months I spent looking for a house to buy, maybe more.  I didn't have a huge budget to begin with, so you can imagine my hope when my mortgage guy said he had someone approved at $550k, with $60k in the bank, and still couldn't win a bid.  It's amazing the difference in pricing between the city and something rural an hour away.  That $300k, two-bedroom, 1,000 square foot house in the city would practically get you a mansion in the country.  With land.  I've seen highrise apartments sold for over $200k.  I don't understand who would want that.

I am "semi rural" due to my employment. 

I have lived in major cities since the 1990's (or suburbs of) due to the nature of my work.

I am currently about 40 miles away from the major cities in a "farm rural" area. It is not the best scenario but it is the best I can do. I would prefer "woods rural" in a much lower population area.

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - sailorsam - 08-26-2023

(08-23-2023, 02:15 AM)Schmoe Wrote:   I'm still on the fence with whether these people are that stupid, or that incompetent.  Maybe a nice blend of both, Idiocracy-style.

first they have an objective, in this case complete urban control.  then they mash the programs and the facts to conform.  global warming!  overpopulation!  guns!

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - Snarl - 08-27-2023

(08-24-2023, 11:43 PM)Schmoe Wrote: I'm just in time then, leaving Philly forever in about 2 weeks.

In 4 or 5 years I will have great need for your professional skills. You need to hang in there for both of us and not lose faith should times get tough between now and then (and they certainly will).

RE: 14 American Cities Aim to Ban Meat, Dairy, Private Cars by 2030 - ABNARTY - 08-27-2023

I'm on board with the sentiment here. I cannot believe people are that stupid. 

Maybe it has more to do with people not considering the ramifications. The 2nd and 3rd order effects. n

Maybe they trust things will work out just how they believe. All feel-good. 

If the words are pretty, they buy it. 

What scares me is what happens to these mobs when they figure out they have been fooled. They will look for scape goats. They will look for immediate recompense. They will not listen to anything not promising their immediate safety.