Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: The Conspiracy Corner (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Forum: Cryptozoology (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades (/showthread.php?tid=1126)

Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - Michigan Swamp Buck - 08-10-2023

Full Title: "Loch Ness monster hunters gear up for the biggest Nessie hunt in decades"
From the CBC in Canada.

Quote:Monster hunters from around the globe will have their eyes fixed on Scotland's Loch Ness later this month in what might be the largest Nessie hunt since the 1970s.

The Loch Ness Centre, in partnership with a group called Loch Ness Exploration and any willing volunteers will scan the water — visually and using available technology — for signs of large life.
"For us, it's about getting as many eyes on the water as possible," Paul Nixon, general manager of the Loch Ness Centre, told As it Happens guest host Peter Armstrong.
The last search of this size, led by the now-defunct Loch Ness Investigation Bureau, happened in 1972.

A mix of manpower and modern technology could be the keys to success this time around, according to Nixon.

Rather than the film cameras of decades ago, the hunters will deploy thermal imaging drones each night in hopes of capturing heat spots, which may be signs of life. They're also dropping hydrophones — underwater microphones — to depths of 18 metres to see what they can hear.

www.cbc.ca

Sounds interesting. They are also streaming live cameras to have the public tune in and possibly aid the search. Also, they openly invite skeptics to join in.

They will certainly have more knowledge and information about the ecology and conditions of the loch when the data is compiled. However, IMO, unless Nessie is a monster sized eel (as I suspect), they aren't finding it this go around.

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - Snarl - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 03:05 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: However, IMO, unless Nessie is a monster sized eel (as I suspect), they aren't finding it this go around.

The depth of the lock is less than a 1000ft. Ought'a be able to depth charge it if they were really serious about finding Nessie.

Laughing

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - Schmoe - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 04:21 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-10-2023, 03:05 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: However, IMO, unless Nessie is a monster sized eel (as I suspect), they aren't finding it this go around.

The depth of the lock is less than a 1000ft. Ought'a be able to depth charge it if they were really serious about finding Nessie.

Laughing

Yup, blow her ass out of the water already  Laughing

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - BIAD - 08-10-2023

Genuine footage?!
Smile

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - Michigan Swamp Buck - 08-26-2023

I put this thread up here just over two weeks ago and it finally showed up on ATS today. Lately, I've posted identical threads on both forums so no one misses out, but this shows me how lame it's getting over on the other side. In fact, I purposely posted this thread here without posting it on the other side, just to see if anyone else would post it there.

This subject being the type that ATS was once known for, I felt it was a good subject to conduct such a s test. Actually, I'm surprised anyone did post this thread over there as I figured it had gotten that lame at ATS, so maybe there is some hope, I'm not feeling it though.

Perhaps there are just fewer people using these bulletin board-style discussion forums or maybe the strange, unexplained, and paranormal subjects are not as popular nowadays, or politics have dominated all social media to the exclusion of these types of stories. It has been going downhill for years in my opinion.

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - DuckforcoveR - 08-26-2023

(08-26-2023, 01:02 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I put this thread up here just over two weeks ago and it finally showed up on ATS today. Lately, I've posted identical threads on both forums so no one misses out, but this shows me how lame it's getting over on the other side. In fact, I purposely posted this thread here without posting it on the other side, just to see if anyone else would post it there.

This subject being the type that ATS was once known for, I felt it was a good subject to conduct such a s test. Actually, I'm surprised anyone did post this thread over there as I figured it had gotten that lame at ATS, so maybe there is some hope, I'm not feeling it though.

Perhaps there are just fewer people using these bulletin board-style discussion forums or maybe the strange, unexplained, and paranormal subjects are not as popular nowadays, or politics have dominated all social media to the exclusion of these types of stories. It has been going downhill for years in my opinion.

I think it may a bit of "all of the above" in the last paragraph. I fell in love with TOS by reading posts about ancient civilizations, regular, massive posts written about my favorite topics. I would log on in the early days, see if Slayer posted anything, and then log out if nothing new came up. 

Then the mud pit because the entire site. In their defense, most bulletin board places are equally polluted with toxic vomit. 

But I present a 3rd option, one that I personally struggle with. All of my years in the rabbit hole, on ATS, in the deep dungeons of the internet, I still don't have the answers. My curiosity hasn't decreased, rather, a steady rise of AI and incredible software for creating content has turned me into a bitter rock... I can't, and don't, believe anything I "see" anymore. It used to be subtle edits, crafty camera angles, and the "I need to see the raw video" discussions. Now? I can see a deep fake, AI generated video that looks better than 90's TV. It's very disheartening.   Sad

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - BIAD - 08-26-2023

Obviously using a similar camera the Bigfoot enjoys posing in front of...

Quote:Loch Ness Monster 'caught on camera' ahead of largest hunt for beast in 50 years

Another sighting has been made of Nessie, and has been registered on the Official Register of Loch Ness Sightings.
It comes just as the largest hunt in 50 years for the elusive beast gets underway

'The Loch Ness monster has allegedly been spotted by an astonished holidaymaker.
Steve Valentine was on a family boat trip in the Scottish Highlands Loch, near Inverness, when he saw a mysterious
black shape in the water. The most likely explanation for his sighting last Wednesday (August 17) appears to be the
Loch Ness monster, affectionately known as Nessie.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1226]
?

The shocked Mancunian, of Urmston, Greater Manchester, would now be the fourth credible sighting of the both feared
-and-beloved beast of Scottish folklore in 2023. Steve managed to quickly get a picture of the unworldly sight - before
the spooky black shadow instantly vanished. Steve and his family were enjoying a Nessie-themed trip on the Deepscan
vessel, which carries 12 people into Loch Ness - the largest lake in the UK - to learn about the mythical creature. It was
on their return journey that Steve says he “saw a black shape on the water” at around 1pm.

He said: “It was when we were returning to the dock near Urquhart Castle. I lost sight of it when the boat turned, but
managed to get a quick photo from a distance.” It was useful timing for the sighting from Steve, as it came just before
the largest hunt for Nessie in over 50 years was launched. The high-tech search will involve drones with infrared cameras
which will be flown over the Loch, and a hydrophone to detect out-of-the-ordinary underwater sounds.

Volunteers will search for signs of Nessie from land in the search taking place this weekend (August 26 and 27). It is hoped
the three previous Nessie sightings this year are a sign the monster is in an active mood these days - which could maximise
the chances of confirming its existence for good.

On June 15, Etienne Camel and wife Eliane were visiting the Loch from Lyon, France, when they allegedly spotted a 65ft
dark shadow moving underneath the surface for several minutes. Only a couple of weeks earlier on May 31, USA tourist,
Ceci, also spotted a strange shape for a few minutes.

Paisley resident Francesca McGarvey alleges she spotted humps in the water when visiting with her parents on April 5.
All four sightings were taken down on the Official Register of Loch Ness Sightings, compiled by Nessie expert Gary
Campbell since 1996...'
The Mirror:

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - Ninurta - 08-26-2023

(08-26-2023, 01:21 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I think it may a bit of "all of the above" in the last paragraph. I fell in love with TOS by reading posts about ancient civilizations, regular, massive posts written about my favorite topics. I would log on in the early days, see if Slayer posted anything, and then log out if nothing new came up. 

Slayer69 is still around, but I don't think he posts at ATS any more. He's one of my Facebook friends, and his posts often appear in my Facebook feed. He also has a YouTube channel now, and I think he dedicates a fair bit of time to that.

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - Ninurta - 08-26-2023

(08-26-2023, 05:57 PM)BIAD Wrote: Obviously using a similar camera the Bigfoot enjoys posing in front of...

Quote:Loch Ness Monster 'caught on camera' ahead of largest hunt for beast in 50 years

Another sighting has been made of Nessie, and has been registered on the Official Register of Loch Ness Sightings.
It comes just as the largest hunt in 50 years for the elusive beast gets underway

'The Loch Ness monster has allegedly been spotted by an astonished holidaymaker.
Steve Valentine was on a family boat trip in the Scottish Highlands Loch, near Inverness, when he saw a mysterious
black shape in the water. The most likely explanation for his sighting last Wednesday (August 17) appears to be the

?

The shocked Mancunian, of Urmston, Greater Manchester, would now be the fourth credible sighting of the both feared
-and-beloved beast of Scottish folklore in 2023. Steve managed to quickly get a picture of the unworldly sight - before
the spooky black shadow instantly vanished. Steve and his family were enjoying a Nessie-themed trip on the Deepscan
vessel, which carries 12 people into Loch Ness - the largest lake in the UK - to learn about the mythical creature. It was
on their return journey that Steve says he “saw a black shape on the water” at around 1pm.

He said: “It was when we were returning to the dock near Urquhart Castle. I lost sight of it when the boat turned, but
managed to get a quick photo from a distance.” It was useful timing for the sighting from Steve, as it came just before
the largest hunt for Nessie in over 50 years was launched. The high-tech search will involve drones with infrared cameras
which will be flown over the Loch, and a hydrophone to detect out-of-the-ordinary underwater sounds.

The Mirror:

I don't think most people comprehend the complexities encountered in such a hunt. I found out last night that, although Loch Ness looks relatively small on a map, the depth of it means that the bodies of every single human being on Earth, all 8 billion of us, could be hidden under those murky waters, with a little room to spare. I was a little shocked at the analogy used in that example, but one cannot deny that it has a visceral impact and illustrates the vast volume of the loch at the same time!

I'm not sure how useful aerial infrared scans will be at penetrating the peat floating in the loch. Infrared is used in astronomical investigations because the longer wavelengths penetrate interstellar dust pretty well, so it should also penetrate farther into the peaty waters of the loch, but that assumes Nessie is warm-blooded enough to generate heat, and therefore an infrared signature, which may not be a given.

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - Schmoe - 08-26-2023

(08-26-2023, 06:56 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 05:57 PM)BIAD Wrote: Obviously using a similar camera the Bigfoot enjoys posing in front of...

?

The Mirror:

I don't think most people comprehend the complexities encountered in such a hunt. I found out last night that, although Loch Ness looks relatively small on a map, the depth of it means that the bodies of every single human being on Earth, all 8 billion of us, could be hidden under those murky waters, with a little room to spare. I was a little shocked at the analogy used in that example, but one cannot deny that it has a visceral impact and illustrates the vast volume of the loch at the same time!

I'm not sure how useful aerial infrared scans will be at penetrating the peat floating in the loch. Infrared is used in astronomical investigations because the longer wavelengths penetrate interstellar dust pretty well, so it should also penetrate farther into the peaty waters of the loch, but that assumes Nessie is warm-blooded enough to generate heat, and therefore an infrared signature, which may not be a given.

I believe that about everyone fitting into Loch Ness.  This image shows what the entire population would look like if blended up into a meatball.  It would fit nicely in Central Park

[Image: elycytqlc8g71.jpg]

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - BIAD - 09-01-2023

Well... she took a picture.

Quote:Unseen picture emerges of 'Loch Ness monster'

The image was taken by a woman on holiday in Scotland in 2018 - but has never been seen before now.

'A new picture of what could be the Loch Ness monster has been released, igniting fresh hopes of uncovering
the mythical creature. The image was taken by a woman on holiday in Scotland in 2018 - but has never been
seen before now.

Chie Kelly, 51, captured what looks like two humps of the mystery beast around 200m from the shore of Loch
Ness while she was having lunch with her family on 13 August that year. She kept the image hidden, fearing
"public ridicule" from those who don't believe the monster exists. But after the biggest search for "Nessie" in
more than 50 years took place last weekend, she decided to go public.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1256]
Nessie... I think.

She told the Daily Telegraph she was taking pictures of her husband and daughter when she spotted it "moving
right to left at a steady speed" in the background. "It was spinning and rolling at times. We never saw a head or
neck. After a couple of minutes, it just disappeared and we never saw it again," she told the newspaper.

"At first I wondered if it was an otter or a pair of otters or a seal, but we never saw a head and it never came up
again for air." While she wasn't able to decipher the length of the creature - she said the two parts were less than
two metres apart. She showed it to full-time Nessie Hunter, Steve Feltham, who sold his home more than 30
years ago to live on the side of Loch Ness. He has been chasing down the mythical creature for most of his life,
and says there have been many disappointments in that time.

But he described these photos as the "best things" he's seen from the surface of the water in 32 years.
"Anybody that's ever looked at the evidence we have for the Loch Ness Monster would be justified in asking the
question: 'How come all of the evidence is either blurred, out of focus, grainy, or too far away to have any
possibility of identifying it?'

"Well, the beauty of these latest photographs that Chie Kelly has taken; is that it is 15 photographs, over two
minutes. "There is a sequence of pictures and there's a clear, focused image in the middle of it that I can't
easily explain what it is. "The jury's out as to what it's going to turn out to be .But it's very exciting. definitely
exciting."

Four 'distinct noises' heard underwater
On Sunday, volunteers who turned out for the search said they heard "four distinct noises" through an underwater
microphone. Alan McKenna, who took part on a boat, said: "We didn't know the origin of it was, which is quite
exciting." The enthusiasts turned out despite "horrific" weather conditions, which cancelled the Highland Games
for the first time in 75 years. Some 300 people logged in to watch events unfold online, with people travelling
from Spain, France, Germany and Finland to join the hunt.

The Loch Ness Centre is located at the old Drumnadrochit Hotel, where it is said manageress Aldie Mackay first
reported seeing a "water beast" in Loch Ness 90 years ago. The story sparked a global and long-lasting fascination
with finding the elusive monster, spawning hoaxes and hundreds of eyewitness accounts.

Numerous theories have been put forward over the years, including that the creature may have been a plesiosaur,
a prehistoric marine reptile, a giant eel or even a swimming circus elephant...'
Sky News:

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - Ninurta - 09-01-2023

(09-01-2023, 09:07 PM)BIAD Wrote: Well... she took a picture.

Quote:Unseen picture emerges of 'Loch Ness monster'

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1256]
Nessie... I think.

"Well, the beauty of these latest photographs that Chie Kelly has taken; is that it is 15 photographs, over two
minutes. "There is a sequence of pictures and there's a clear, focused image in the middle of it that I can't
easily explain what it is. "The jury's out as to what it's going to turn out to be .But it's very exciting. definitely
exciting."

Sky News:

I'd like to see the other 14 photos in the sequence to see what they reveal, if anything.

RE: Biggest Nessie Hunt in Decades - BIAD - 09-02-2023

(09-01-2023, 10:41 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I'd like to see the other 14 photos in the sequence to see what they reveal, if anything...

And as if by magic...  Smile