Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The cycles of Ice ages - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: The Great Climate Change Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: The cycles of Ice ages (/showthread.php?tid=1115)

The cycles of Ice ages - 727Sky - 08-08-2023

Call me dumb but I think most of the stuff that goes on with regards to Earth weather is cyclic due to Earth's orbit and axial tilt; I am speaking globally and not some local anomaly. . I am pleased to say I am not the only one who thinks this way.

RE: The cycles of Ice ages - Snarl - 08-08-2023

(08-08-2023, 11:39 AM)727Sky Wrote: Call me dumb

Dumb? Dumb??!!

Repeating patterns? Almost sounds like science to my ears.

I ain't the brightest flame around here though.  Laughing

RE: The cycles of Ice ages - F2d5thCav - 08-08-2023

Written almost 20 years ago.  I've since wondered if this was a sotto voce way of warning those with ears to hear.

This document was produced under contract to the Office of Net Assessment while it was run by Andrew Marshall.

Quote:The purpose of this report is to imagine the unthinkable – to push the boundaries of current
research on climate change so we may better understand the potential implications on United
States national security.

Downloadable pdf at https://www.iatp.org/documents/abrupt-climate-change-scenario-and-its-implications-united-states-national-security

Stay cool.  Might get downright chilly.

Cheers

RE: The cycles of Ice ages - Snarl - 08-08-2023

(08-08-2023, 03:02 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Stay cool.  Might get downright chilly.

Makes the case for those DUMBs too. Even ice world would have good temps just a little ways down. Certainly survivable.

RE: The cycles of Ice ages - xuenchen - 08-08-2023

Nature's cycles are 10 million times stronger than anything Mankind can ever do  Cool

RE: The cycles of Ice ages - F2d5thCav - 08-08-2023

(08-08-2023, 03:22 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-08-2023, 03:02 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Stay cool.  Might get downright chilly.

Makes the case for those DUMBs too. Even ice world would have good temps just a little ways down. Certainly survivable.

Inhabitable caves will be highly coveted resources.

Cheers

RE: The cycles of Ice ages - EndtheMadnessNow - 08-08-2023

(08-08-2023, 12:25 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-08-2023, 11:39 AM)727Sky Wrote: Call me dumb

Dumb? Dumb??!!

Repeating patterns? Almost sounds like science to my ears.

I ain't the brightest flame around here though.  Laughing

Careful now, you might get tagged by the pattern Adjustment Bureau under their magic spell word. Wink

[Image: gkUwFKV.jpg]

RE: The cycles of Ice ages - EndtheMadnessNow - 08-09-2023

[Image: rjYB7rY.jpg]

His links:

RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN M8+ EARTHQUAKE OCCURRENCES AND THE SOLAR POLAR MAGNETIC FIELDS

Cited by NASA scientists and professors

RE: The cycles of Ice ages - Kenzo - 08-09-2023

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1137]

RE: The cycles of Ice ages - BIAD - 08-09-2023

"In current carbon markets, the price of one carbon credit can vary from a few cents per metric ton of CO2 emissions
to $15/mtCO2e or even $20/mtCO2e for afforestation or reforestation projects to $100 or even $300/mtCO2e for tech
-based removal projects such as CCS..."

How much does a carbon offset cost?
The price of carbon offsets varies widely from <$1 per ton to >$50 per ton. The price depends on the type of carbon
offset project, the carbon standard under which it was developed, the location of the offset, the co-benefits associated
with the project, and the vintage year...'
Source:

You like gobbledy-gook...?
Here's some more.

"Since the UK ETS scheme operates within a stabilised market, the price of each carbon credit is supported through a
minimum auction reserve price of £22.00/t CO2e. The auction clearing price also ensures credits are sold at the market
value.

For 2023, the UK ETS’ carbon price is £83.03/t CO2e compared to c.£20.00-30.00/t CO2e for unregulated, voluntary markets.
Even though the Woodland and Peatland Carbon Codes are regulated, Pending Issuance Unit (PIU) credits linked to the initial
establishment period of these schemes currently sell for c.£20/t.

Conversely unregulated, voluntary markets have individual governance. With no regulatory body setting annual rules, limits
and prices, unlike in regulated schemes, price disparities between the different schemes are common.  The voluntary market
also relies on the individual schemes, farming methods and organisations which sell them to ensure valid credits are supplied.
This makes verifying and comparing the quality of voluntary credits challenging..."
AHDB:

(Some guy who works for the BBC)

Quote:Dan Walker responds after being accused of contributing to climate change

'Dan Walker has addressed concerns over the environmental impact of his TV segment.
The former BBC Breakfast presenter, 46, shared on X, formerly Twitter, on Tuesday that he was in Benidorm,
Spain reporting on climate change for Channel 5.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1139]

The production prompted one of the broadcaster’s followers to comment: ‘Great report Dan, did you add to global
warming by flying there with a crew? #responsibility.’

Sharing a picture of a carbon offset certificate issued to ITN, Dan responded: ‘Actually… we paid to offset all the
carbon from our flight so there will be a few trees planted after that.
Thanks for asking [heart emoji].’

Another viewer, however, continued to criticise Dan for travelling via plane for the segment, writing: ‘Sorry Dan but
that is a poor response “as we have bought and planted some trees to offset our carbon footprint, it OK to fly’”that
is making travel elitists. Just what Klaus Schwab and Bill Gates want.’

Hi Steve, Can I ask what you would have us do because I’m pretty sure people would moan whatever we did? Have a
good one,’ Dan replied.

It comes after oceans reached their hottest ever recorded temperature, a sign of the accelerating effects of climate
change, reaching 20.96 degrees Celsius compared to the average of 16 degrees Celsius. Studies have also suggested
that the Atlantic Ocean current that brings warmth from the tropics to Europe could collapse much sooner than scientists
have previously thought – to catastrophic effects...'
The Metro