Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
TV Shows... What's good, what's not and everything in between... - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Movies & TV Shows (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+--- Thread: TV Shows... What's good, what's not and everything in between... (/showthread.php?tid=107)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: TV Shows... What's good, what's not and everything in between... - Chiefsmom - 06-15-2023

(06-15-2023, 03:05 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote:
Quote:2023 is going to be another great year for film. Avid moviegoers can expect new releases from top names like Wes Anderson, Ridley Scott, Martin Scorcese, Denis Villeneuve, and Christopher Nolan.

The following films are expected to premiere in 2023 or be given new release dates soon.

Argylle
Chicken Run 2
Coyote vs. Acme
Cuckoo
Havoc
Nightbitch
Red One
Road House
Saltburn
Spaceman
The Old Guard 2
Unfrosted

Friday, June 23
Asteroid City
No Hard Feelings
Revoir Paris (Limited)
Through My Window: Across the Sea (Netflix)

Friday, June 30
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken
Every Body (Limited)
Prisoner’s Daughter (Limited)
Nimona (Netflix)

Friday, July 14
Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One
Theater Camp

Friday, July 21
Barbie
Oppenheimer
Stephen Curry: Underrated (Limited)
Cobweb (Limited)
They Cloned Tyrone (Netflix)

Friday, July 28
Haunted Mansion
Talk to Me

Friday, August 4
Meg 2: The Trench
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Friday, August 11
Challengers
Gran Turismo
Last Voyage of the Demeter
Heart of Stone (Netflix)

Friday, August 18
Blue Beetle
Landscape with Invisible Hand
Strays
The Hill

Friday, August 25
Bottoms
They Listen
White Bird: A Wonder Story
Golda (Limited)
Lift (Netflix)

Friday, September 1
The Equalizer 3

3 ‘STAR WARS’ movies just got release dates: May 22, 2026; December 18, 2026; December 17, 2027.

More: The 2023 Film Release Date Guide - out to 2031.

Gotta keep that money train rollin!
[Image: FN3oTFy.jpg]
Netflix Bites
NO!!!!

JUST NO!!!!

Remaking Roadhouse is just a big no from me..  and with those actors???
You will never get better than Swayze & Elliot.

RE: TV Shows... What's good, what's not and everything in between... - EndtheMadnessNow - 06-20-2023

Ready for some action...now playing...Awesome X2!

RE: TV Shows... What's good, what's not and everything in between... - Freija - 06-20-2023

[quote="EndtheMadnessNow" pid="6784" dateline="1687234623"]
Ready for some action...now playing...Awesome X2!

I watched this. I thought it was good but maybe not as good as the first one so watching the original again is on my list to compare.

I'll watch anything with Chris Hemsworth simply because he tops my hottest actor on the planet list! Wink

For the last week, I have been watching remade The Outer Limits on Amazon. I had no idea there were 7 seasons. I'm currently on episode 6 of the final season and have been impressed at some of the practical effects and big budget sets in some of the episodes.

Looking forward to M3gan on Prime Video June 27th.

RE: TV Shows... What's good, what's not and everything in between... - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-20-2023

(06-20-2023, 06:27 PM)Freija Wrote: [quote pid="6784" dateline="1687234623"]

Looking forward to M3gan on Prime Video June 27th.

[/quote]

I didn't know that was coming. I would like to see that one.

I have been scrolling past "Extraction", maybe I will give it a try.

It won't be tonight. Just got called out to the streets. It sounds like it is going to be one of those cases that is going to keep me tied up until very late tonight.

Good night ya'll.

RE: TV Shows... What's good, what's not and everything in between... - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-26-2023

I finished watching INVASION (2021 Apple TV+ series; IMDB) and overall thought it was above average. Just don't set your expectations on the typical sci-fi alien invader movies like Independence Day. It's not anything like the former films.

Earth is visited by an alien species that threatens humanity's existence; events unfold in real time through the eyes of five ordinary diverse people across the globe as they struggle to make sense of the chaos unraveling around them. It starts off slow, globe-trots around, lingers on human trauma with alot of character development going on and gradually builds up the suspense, but is mainly focused on the 5 people (one is a Navy SEAL) through emotional ambitions & moral choices vice aliens. If you make it to episode 5 you'll likely watch the rest.  From a terrifying scene in a secluded house, where a family tries to sneak away from one of the spiked blob creatures, a haunting artificial voice, a mysterious alien-killing weapon, a kid with seizures that may or may not show the future, but the biggest reveal of all doesn’t even happen until the very last shot in the final episode...10 episodes of setup. The show fully embraces how humanity is its own mystery, something we need to work on more before we even start worrying about whether or not we’re alone.

Luckily, Season 2 to premiere on August 23, 2023.

Off to watch the final episode of SILO (2023) which I'd rate about an 8. Good show.

RE: TV Shows... What's good, what's not and everything in between... - EndtheMadnessNow - 09-16-2023

Special Ops: Lioness (2023 series)

From creator Taylor Sheridan known for 'Sicario' (2015), 'Hell or high water' (2016) and 'Yellowstone' (2018-23).

Inspired by an actual CIA/military program, an initiative that embeds undercover agents with high-value terrorism targets, forming relationships with suspected leaders’ wives, girlfriends and female family members to gather intelligence. Series follows the life of Joe (Zoe Saldaña) while she attempts to balance her personal and professional life as the tip of the CIA's spear in the war on terror. The Lioness Program, overseen by Kaitlyn Meade (Kidman) and Donald Westfield (Michael Kelly), enlists an aggressive badass lone wolf Marine Raider named Cruz (De Oliveira) to operate undercover alongside Joe among the power brokers of State terrorism in the CIA's efforts to thwart the next 9/11. 

First episode opens with a A-10 Thunderbolt going BRRRrrrr. Glorifies USA war-mongering around the world, but what's new. The show is an unabashed work of military propaganda that positions the US Armed Forces as the "strong" who "protect the weak," a group that apparently includes the entire Middle East as well as vulnerable members of U.S. society. I'm 3 episodes in and enjoying it so far.

[Image: qnFPiJH.jpg]

[Image: WJS13JN.jpg]

I think Laysla De Oliveira would be a perfect fit in a new Lara Croft adaptation.