Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
U.S. Capitol Police To Open State Field Offices Across The Country - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: U.S. Capitol Police To Open State Field Offices Across The Country (/showthread.php?tid=1068)

U.S. Capitol Police To Open State Field Offices Across The Country - Infolurker - 07-29-2023

Interesting... what first thing that flashed into my mind when reading this?

Increased budget for a new Federal enforcement agency? Remind you of the Chinese Police Outposts set up to harass political dissenters? 

Why not expand the secret service, the "Real" Protective Agency?

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/u-s-capitol-police-to-open-texas-field-office-citing-rising-threats-against-members-of-congress/

Quote:In response to increasing threats against members of Congress, the U.S. Capitol Police plans to open regional field offices across the country, including in Texas.

Capitol Police Chief J. Thomas Manger announced the plans at a joint oversight hearing of the Capitol Police Board, describing a 300% increase in threats to members of Congress over the past seven years.

In addition to an office in Texas, the agency plans to open field offices in Milwaukee and Boston, Manger told the committee Wednesday. A Texas location has not yet been determined, a department spokesperson said.
The Capitol Police department, which is responsible for protecting Congress and its members, opened its first field offices in Florida and California after the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of then-President Donald Trump. The offices have helped his officers respond to threats more quickly and efficiently, Manger said.

“Due to the increased threat environment, our protective responsibilities have increased, requiring additional protection details, increased coverage of CODELs [official travel by members of Congress] and field hearings, as well as other enhancements to our current protective details,” he said in his written testimony to the committee.

Manger said his agency is addressing threats by expanding intelligence-gathering operations, increasing the number of investigative agents and working with state and local law enforcement.

“We need to do a better job at protecting members when they’re home, their families,” Manger said. “We’ve got to make sure that we’ve got security measures in place in home district offices, in homes, so that it raises everybody’s level of security.”

U.S. Capitol Police to open Texas field office, citing rising threats against members of Congress

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/07/27/capitol-police-texas-office/

Offices also will open in Milwaukee and Boston “due to the increased threat environment,” the police chief says.

RE: U.S. Capitol Police To Open State Field Offices Across The Country - xuenchen - 07-29-2023

Democrats creating their own little *SS, SA, SD, Gestapo* sub group that is pre-infiltrated to stand off and stall any future policy changes by (what they consider) renegade Administrations. Aside from "addressing" threats to Officials, they will be able to launch covert counter-operations and new missions !!!! Very dangerous.  Big Eyes

[Image: Biden-9-1-2022.jpg]

RE: U.S. Capitol Police To Open State Field Offices Across The Country - Grace - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 06:34 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Interesting... what first thing that flashed into my mind when reading this?

Increased budget for a new Federal enforcement agency? Remind you of the Chinese Police Outposts set up to harass political dissenters? 

Yeah that's the first thought that popped into my mind too... 

Plus, I mean, if they want to talk about "rising threats" I want to start hearing about the people stepping up and stepping in to protect average Republican voters from the rising threats of a government gone rogue, who seems bent on jailing anyone who refuses to parrot the "party line" and vote the way said government demands.

RE: U.S. Capitol Police To Open State Field Offices Across The Country - F2d5thCav - 07-30-2023

These field offices would just be weird as sh** if the development wasn't so ominous.

Anyone in the USA can get ahold of the Secret Service just by querying contact information on the internet.  This "field office" bit is completely unneeded.  Someone should point out we are in the 2020s and something called the "internet" exists.

Cheers

RE: U.S. Capitol Police To Open State Field Offices Across The Country - ancientlight - 07-30-2023

(07-29-2023, 08:33 PM)Grace Wrote:
(07-29-2023, 06:34 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Interesting... what first thing that flashed into my mind when reading this?

Yeah that's the first thought that popped into my mind too... 

Plus, I mean, if they want to talk about "rising threats" I want to start hearing about the people stepping up and stepping in to protect average Republican voters from the rising threats of a government gone rogue, who seems bent on jailing anyone who refuses to parrot the "party line" and vote the way said government demands.
Agreed. This sounds very dystopian. Hopefully it falls flat on its face when it meets lots of resistance. People are waking up more. This is no different from the hate the 'anti-vaxxers' got . That and lots of name calling when you don't align with their views. Typical gaslighting and other narcsissist traits.

RE: U.S. Capitol Police To Open State Field Offices Across The Country - Ninurta - 07-31-2023

(07-30-2023, 06:27 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: These field offices would just be weird as sh** if the development wasn't so ominous.

Anyone in the USA can get ahold of the Secret Service just by querying contact information on the internet.  This "field office" bit is completely unneeded.  Someone should point out we are in the 2020s and something called the "internet" exists.

Cheers

It's a classic case of "mission creep" - thy are extending their de facto jurisdiction by the simple expedient of claiming "jurisdiction" wherever a congress critter walks. Their de jure jurisdiction - their jurisdiction under actual law - is the Capitol, in DC. That might be why they call them the "Capitol Police". This is just an attempt to grab power where none exists for them - i.e. outside of that Capitol. It allows them to also dance all over the toes of the FBI and the Secret Service. Now, I'm sure the FBI doesn't care... they've got all that evidence to hide and covering up to do for the BidenHarris regime, and all that... but it seems the Secret Service might have something to say about it if they ever grow a pair of balls big enough to assert their own jurisdiction and stave off interloper agencies...

This is just like if the Florida State Police claimed to have arrest and investigational powers in Sacramento, CA, just because Desantis or some Florida legislator set foot off an airplane in California. I'd bet that if they ever tried that, CHP would have something to say about it! Newsome would have a friggin' cow over it.

But THIS is ok to them, because it's Democrats grabbing power where they have none, That is kind of expected of Democrats these days, and it will always work until someone jerks them up short on their power grabs, and re-directs them back to their own legal jurisdiction.

Having a local yokel arrest a few of them for "impersonating a police officer" - which is exactly what they are doing when they act as police outside of their own authorized legal jurisdiction - would be a great start. I don't have much faith that Minneapolis or Detroit would do that, but maybe some sheriff in Texas might have the testicular fortitude to say "nope, not here, not in MY jurisdiction".