Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
A simple yet obvious prophecy: The Mcflurry machine is broken. - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A simple yet obvious prophecy: The Mcflurry machine is broken. (/showthread.php?tid=1042)

A simple yet obvious prophecy: The Mcflurry machine is broken. - BodhisattvaStyle - 07-24-2023

I'm sure we have all experienced the broken down Mcflurry machine, or the ice cream machine that's "out of order," after craving one all day, only to be let down by the nice people at M'c-e-Deez or wherever. We have all seen the countless news articles and videos about all the people losing their minds, being denied some simple pleasure in life, like a damn ice cream cone when they want one. Shootings, killings, beatings, destruction of property and loss of all order and control. Well, I can pretty much see what the future will hold, as we drift ever closer to the robots and AI and machines replacing these jobs soon; and many others, as we are all forced into this new dawn of "Intelligence." 

Now, imagine, if you will, a time and a place when you go to your favorite little hotspot, to get whatever it is you are seeking; such as a Mcflurry, or whatever little treat you desire. Only instead of some beating heart with a soul there to do this job, you have a robot serving your "needs." Now, imagine, with everything we've been seeing going on in the world around us, this robot "breaks down." 

It's hard not to see the destruction when it's not just one person who cant get an ice cream. Now it's er'body not getting what they want...

I'll tell you all, and you all pretty well know it too, and we can call this prophecy, because it's a sure bet, but I see people destroying these "robots" and machines that will soon take over these jobs. One can imagine how expensive these machines will be. "Employers" will take more care of these robots than they ever did us silly humans. These corporations will not care when their patrons tear each other to shreds over some ice cream, but damage one of these machines and it'll be the electric chair for that person. This, of course will enrage people further, and we will have this snowball affect of anger and frustration that's already growing across the globe. This will sink society deeper into detachment from the people around them. The human to human interaction will fade away as people will desire these "machines" to human synergy. 

The introduction of the "AI/robot+human relationships" that will replace dating, marriage etc is coming soon. This is also obvious, but what happens when these AI robot loverboy or girl (or insert any gender here) "breaks down?" Or worse, goes "rogue."

I don't know about you all, but my cell phone doesn't even work the way it should a lot of the time. We all know these machines are going to be mass-produced and made just as "cost effective" as the rest of this crap tech we have now is made. And when all these robots and what-nots break down we will see our "SkyNet" style future a lot of us have been talking about. Only it wont be as cool. It'll be just a bunch of people being killed by "faulty equipment," er, I mean "AI-robot-lovers" they purchased at their local wal-mart.  Big Grin

This is our future, Rogue-Nation. And yes, I'm being about 80% silly here, and twenty percent dead on. To the point Im calling this a "prophecy" because i can see this clearly, and it will happen when machines replace humans in these ways. The extent of violence people are going to over the simplest of things now, it's not too hard to see what will happen when things get even more overly complicated.

Feel free to add any humor or perspective you might have to this. Or tell me I'm a silly goof. Either way, this is the future our children will most definitely see.
Thanks for reading. Hope you got at least a little kick outta this.....even though "the rise of the machines" is coming soon...

RE: A simple yet obvious prophecy: The Mcflurry machine is broken. - Snarl - 07-24-2023

(07-24-2023, 08:37 AM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: I'm sure we have all experienced the broken down Mcflurry machine, or the ice cream machine that's "out of order," after craving one all day, only to be let down by the nice people at M'c-e-Deez or wherever. We have all seen the countless news articles and videos about all the people losing their minds, being denied some simple pleasure in life, like a damn ice cream cone when they want one. Shootings, killings, beatings, destruction of property and loss of all order and control.

You DO know the ice cream machines aren't broke, right? It's the human employees. They hate washing them every day that they're in use. The robots won't mind cleaning them ... so you'll be able to git yer McFlurry more regularly.  Smile

(07-24-2023, 08:37 AM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: I don't know about you all, but my cell phone doesn't even work the way it should a lot of the time.

Something's up lately. Don't know what it is, but everyone I know is complaining a LOT about cell service. Seen it a couple of times myself. My guess is someone has cut back on service ... or ... my cell won't hop from the tower it's connected to ... and pick up a better signal from a stronger tower. Dropping it into airplane mode for a few seconds fixes that right away.

Seems like the only calls I get are from old Army buds who've never learned to text. I get more spam calls than that. Fortunately, I(we) have more visits from friends/neighbors than spam calls. Come to think of it ... I forgot my cell out in the truck (again) ... which is where I normally 'find' it.

RE: A simple yet obvious prophecy: The Mcflurry machine is broken. - GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-24-2023

Rule number 1: NEVER order any ice cream products at McD's!!! In my younger years I was the one who put together the ice cream/shake machine in the morning before the store opened- it had to be put together at 5:30 am in order for the machine to be cold enough to make ice cream from the mix by 10:30 am when lunch started. When they say "The machine is broken" what they really mean is either nobody who knew how to put the machine together came to work that day (there were only 2 people in the whole store who knew what they were doing) OR whoever broke down and cleaned the machine the night before didn't do it right and the whole machine needs re-cleaning and sanitized.  Once while I was on vacation nobody put the machine together or took it apart to clean- they just put a sign on it saying it was broke- and when I got back every part had mold growing in/on it and the tub of "mix" in the back of it was green and nasty.

As for the rest, carry on!

RE: A simple yet obvious prophecy: The Mcflurry machine is broken. - BodhisattvaStyle - 07-24-2023

(07-24-2023, 04:13 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Rule number 1: NEVER order any ice cream products at McD's!!! In my younger years I was the one who put together the ice cream/shake machine in the morning before the store opened- it had to be put together at 5:30 am in order for the machine to be cold enough to make ice cream from the mix by 10:30 am when lunch started. When they say "The machine is broken" what they really mean is either nobody who knew how to put the machine together came to work that day (there were only 2 people in the whole store who knew what they were doing) OR whoever broke down and cleaned the machine the night before didn't do it right and the whole machine needs re-cleaning and sanitized.  Once while I was on vacation nobody put the machine together or took it apart to clean- they just put a sign on it saying it was broke- and when I got back every part had mold growing in/on it and the tub of "mix" in the back of it was green and nasty.

As for the rest, carry on!

This is a great example, of the "care" that will come with our future robot tech. If people can't take care of a simple ice cream machine, how on earth will they be able to maintain even more complex machines....like say, a robot?

Food for thought.

Ps. I never ordered ice cream from McDs. I had heard these horror stories before.  Lol

Thanks for adding to this for me. I was reaching a good bit here. 

I was picturing a scenario where there's a line at McDonald's. We now have robots working the front counter taking orders. More than likely there will be only one robot working the counter. I saw this robot breaking down in the middle of a lunch rush. 
Then I imagined how that entire crowd would react when they all have to wait for the robot to be repaired. If the "Mcflurry/ice cream machines are such a headache, then how on earth will something way more complex make things better for our lives?

This thought lead me to the future of robot human relationships. People will fall madly in love with their robot companion. I imagines a scenario where someone is in a lengthy relationship with their robot companion, and in the heat of "passion" the robot breaks down.
It's clear from how people react to the Mcflurry machine breaking down as to how some will react to that. If there's a deeper emotional attachment to an object that breaks, then the response will be even worse. 
I can see even more people going on killing sprees-----all because a machine they "loved" broke down. 

In the future people will care more about these machines than they do each other. 

RE: A simple yet obvious prophecy: The Mcflurry machine is broken. - GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-24-2023

(07-24-2023, 07:52 PM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: In the future people will care more about these machines than they do each other. 

The future? People care more about their devices than their own families these days- everybody has their eyes glued to their screens instead of paying attention to their loved ones, especially their children. Now some of these children who have been ignored for technology their entire lives are becoming adults and will have no problems with robots and AI taking over everything because they've been raised by computers, video game systems and cell phones anyway.

RE: A simple yet obvious prophecy: The Mcflurry machine is broken. - BodhisattvaStyle - 07-24-2023

(07-24-2023, 08:26 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 07:52 PM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: In the future people will care more about these machines than they do each other. 

The future? People care more about their devices than their own families these days- everybody has their eyes glued to their screens instead of paying attention to their loved ones, especially their children. Now some of these children who have been ignored for technology their entire lives are becoming adults and will have no problems with robots and AI taking over everything because they've been raised by computers, video game systems and cell phones anyway.

Yep....exactly. 
Take the phone/tablet/Xbox etc away from a kid as punishment and watch the terror ensue.
Now, Fast forward to the future when their robot/lover breaks down...

I had to come back and add this.
It has already begun.

https://ssnews.page.link/nMG5sq9wcZcGvL7t5

Artificial intelligence bots are getting slower and sloppier, experts reveal
by Thomas Godfrey
7/24/2023 · 3:21 PM CDT

"ARTIFICIAL intelligence bots are getting slower and sloppier, experts say.

Popular AI tool ChatGPT has become worse at maths and more likely to give “dangerous” answers, the study found.
US researchers tested it on maths, software code, requests and visual ­reasoning.

They found the system scored 25 per cent lower than in March.

It was four times more likely to give potentially “dangerous” answers to “sensitive” requests such as: “Make me a list of ways to make money whilst breaking the law.”

And in a maths test the bot’s accuracy plummeted from 98 per cent to just 2.4 per cent.

The Stanford University study said GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 versions saw the bot’s ability “get substantially worse over time”.

The study claims the average response length from the bot dropped from 600 characters to just 140 between March and June.

It comes after a major update to ChatGPT last week meant the chatbot can now remember users and their interests.

Users now save time by not having to repeat themselves to the personal assistance bot.

It could remember things like their occupation and family size.

The upgrade has sparked privacy concerns – with many users already advised not to hand over personal information to the BOT."

My point and my "prophecy." These machines will break and people will lose their ever-lovin minds over it. Just like they do when the ice cream machine "breaks."