Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
School District Bans Opt-Out From LGBTQ Lessons Because Too Many Families Opted Out - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Hot Button Issues (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: School District Bans Opt-Out From LGBTQ Lessons Because Too Many Families Opted Out (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

School District Bans Opt-Out From LGBTQ Lessons Because Too Many Families Opted Out - Infolurker - 07-22-2023

Parents Opt Out of something the school administration and activist don't want you to be able to Opt out of. Too many parents said No. So, what is their solution, no more opt out. Interesting that CAIR (leftist group) is leading the charge.

This shall be interesting.

School district bans opt-out from LGBTQ lessons because too many families opted out

https://twitter.com/CAIRNational/status/1682128848907911168

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/education/school-district-says-it-banned-opt-out-lgbtq-lessons-because-too-many

Quote:An affluent liberal D.C. suburb has a simple explanation for why it won't honor parents' requests to exclude their children, some as young as 3 years old, from "storybooks" with sex workers, kink, drag, gender transitions and same-sex romance for elementary-age children: It's hard.

Maryland's Montgomery County Public Schools claims it was flooded with opt-out requests when the books were introduced in the curriculum in January, giving it legal justification, on logistical grounds, to issue a blanket policy of no exceptions and no notifications.

The district didn't provide a specific number or even vague range, however, in its memorandum opposing the motion for preliminary injunction by Catholic, Muslim and Ukrainian-Orthodox parents who filed the First and Fourteenth Amendment lawsuit in May.

The July 6 amended complaint adds plaintiff Kids First, a new unincorporated association of Montgomery County parents with children in MCPS or who would be "but for" the new policy. It includes "Muslims, Catholics, Protestants, Latter-day Saints, and Jews, and is open to individuals of all faiths."

MCPS spokesperson Christopher Cram told Just the News he was seeking "any information available" on the number of requests the school invoked to justify the new policy but couldn't provide anything Friday. The districts' lawyers didn't respond when asked. 

The district imposed the no-exception and no-notification policy March 23, a day after it told the media it would honor requests and issue notifications, which united parents across the religious spectrum in opposition.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, a reliably liberal advocacy group on most issues, has been especially vocal and visible in challenging the policy.

"Public schools have an obligation to be inclusive and neutral," Maryland Director Zainab Chaudry said at a multifaith rally Thursday. "They can't be favoring one group over another."

MCPS is the only known district nationwide to go this far, setting "a dangerous precedent for more bullying, more harassment, more intimidation for children within schools," according to Chaudry. "We can't teach children allyship and tolerance and inclusion by forcing them to assimilate" and give up "their own diverse identities."

MCPS "cannot plausibly claim that an opt-out policy that is both required by state law and was willingly followed until March 2023 could somehow harm the public interest if followed for the duration of this case," the parents' June 12 memorandum in support of a preliminary injunction states.

Maryland law requires districts to honor "family life and human sexuality" curriculum opt-outs "for any reason," and MCPS policy directs schools to "accommodate requests" from students and parents for classroom content "they believe would impose a substantial burden on their religious beliefs," the memo also states.
In addition, the storybooks go beyond "basic civility and kindness toward all," explicitly encouraging children to "question sexuality and gender identity, focus on romantic feelings, and embrace gender transitioning," the memo reads. 

Pre-kindergarten students, for example, are required to read Pride Puppy, which "promotes pride parades as family-friendly events without cautioning about the frequent nudity and sexually explicit conduct that many parents find objectionable –especially for children."

RE: School District Bans Opt-Out From LGBTQ Lessons Because Too Many Families Opted Out - GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-22-2023

These school districts don't understand that when parents say no they mean NO! and will opt out by pulling their children from these schools if they keep up with this bullshit.  If our kids were school aged I would be home schooling them.

RE: School District Bans Opt-Out From LGBTQ Lessons Because Too Many Families Opted Out - ancientlight - 07-22-2023

The WEF wants everyone to be braindead same drones. How else can they achieve this without starting by brainwashing kindergarten age kids? Same is happening in 'colleges'. They don't teach they indoctrinate. 
I'm very happy I'm homeschooling my son.

All these parents need to do is say they identify as Muslim and so because of religious reasons their kids can't be exposed to this tripe.
Get them at their own game.

RE: School District Bans Opt-Out From LGBTQ Lessons Because Too Many Families Opted Out - Infolurker - 07-22-2023

(07-22-2023, 06:50 PM)ancientlight Wrote: The WEF wants everyone to be braindead same drones. How else can they achieve this without starting by brainwashing kindergarten age kids? Same is happening in 'colleges'. They don't teach they indoctrinate. 
I'm very happy I'm homeschooling my son.

All these parents need to do is say they identify as Muslim and so because of religious reasons their kids can't be exposed to this tripe.
Get them at their own game.

That is the funny part, they won't let the Muslims opt out either and strangely, CAIR, the leftist activist group is at the forefront in fighting for (at least their) religious rights.

RE: School District Bans Opt-Out From LGBTQ Lessons Because Too Many Families Opted Out - Ninurta - 07-22-2023

I don't know exactly how these parents are combating this beyond the fact that they have filed a lawsuit.

I think the right strategy here would be to pull your kids out of public schools and home school them, at least until the lawsuit is resolved. If it's not resolved in their favor, they pack up their kids and move top saner climes.

That may be the only way to make it work, since most school districts get monetary allocations on a per-child body count basis. Fewer kids means less money for them, so yank those kids out of their district and starve 'em out.

I'm not sure why anyone lives in Maryland any more, anyhow. The batshit crazy is strong there, almost as strong as it is in California and New York. Even their "Republican" politicians are Democrats, and they are surrounded by saner places to live. Rural areas in WV, PA, and VA are all within a short driving distance. So, why are they still in MD at all?

RE: School District Bans Opt-Out From LGBTQ Lessons Because Too Many Families Opted Out - xuenchen - 07-22-2023

Here we go with forced brainwashing by Democrats !!

Watch for mass hysteria during the classes