Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Social Unrest and Justice (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing (/showthread.php?tid=1022)

Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - Infolurker - 07-20-2023

Oh, another story where we prove we woke up in "Clown Universe". Today's story is about a person who could not pass an exam to be a teacher. Now he has 2 million bucks for "failing".

Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing to Pass the Teachers' Exam

https://redstate.com/jimthompson/2023/07/18/guy-who-repeatedly-failed-to-pass-the-nyc-teachers-exam-gets-over-2m-for-failing-to-pass-the-teachers-exam-n778591

Quote:Herman Grim is about to retire. He’s a rich man. At 64, he’s at the age where most Americans think about retirement and contemplate what to do next. Grim is about to bank $2,055,383 and he didn’t need to work for it; in fact, he did just the opposite. All Herman needed to do was fail. He was good at that. He failed a lot. Over and over, and over and over.

Grim was one of an estimated 5,200 people who took the test to become New York City teachers and never passed. In Grim’s case, he took it multiple times and repeatedly flunked. He was tutored and still never passed. He read prep books and couldn’t pass the test. Instead of it being a “Herman Grim problem,” it was a race problem.

Maybe Grim just wasn’t cut out to be a teacher? Maybe he lacked the intellect to be a teacher. Nah. It was racism. Lawyers saw a massive payday and oh boy, did it pay off. For Grim and the lawyers. Attorneys swooped in and filed a class action lawsuit claiming the test was discriminatory. New York settled the case in the waning days of former Mayor Bill DeBlasio’s administration and agreed to a $1.8 billion dollar payout. Billion. With a “B.” It is the largest settlement in the city’s history, and Grim is standing on the peak of that pile of money. Herman got the largest settlement because he was the most prolific failure.

Between 1994 and 2014, thousands of applicants failed to pass the teachers’ exam. The lawsuit alleged that the test was discriminatory because a “disparate” percentage of blacks and Latinos did not pass the test.
Fifty three percent of black applicants passed the test and 50 percent of Latinos. Ninety percent of white applicants passed. Kimba Woods, a federal court judge known as the “Love Judge” for multiple divorces and breaking up a marriage, as well as awful jurisprudence, found that requiring applicants to pass a Liberal Arts and Sciences Test to teach liberal art and science violated the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Wood said it was discriminatory because it was not an indicator of being a good teacher. The case passed through several other courtrooms with rulings in the city’s favor, but eventually, outgoing Mayor DeBlasio agreed to the settlement.

Not surprising. Mayor Bill would find racism in a glass of milk, but he was the mayor, so pay up taxpayers.

To the tune of $1.8 billion.

The New York Post talked to Grim. While sitting in his home, with a low-battery smoke alarm irritatingly chirping in the background, Grim offered some brilliant insights into the settlement. He said:

I was getting mails (sic), actual mail in the mailbox from the lawyers and I literally ignored them, you know, then I started getting phone calls, and I wasn’t taking that serious(sic) and um it was nice, the lady, the lawyer said, very nice, they know that I wasn’t taking it serious (sic), you know just wasn’t taking it serious (sic). Why would, see, my, why would you tell me about law… poss…you know lawsuit (sic) either, go through or they won’t go through, you know, through reading, hearing news and all that stuff. And um, I know a couple of people that had…not in education, but they went through lawsuits and they, um, and they didn’t win or anything like that…so to, me it’s like….

RE: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - xuenchen - 07-20-2023

Another planned scam to loot a treasury and insurance.

All rigged top to bottom.
Cool

RE: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - F2d5thCav - 07-20-2023

Sounds like Herman passed the exam to become a shithouse lawyer.

Cheers

RE: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - Bally002 - 07-20-2023

And you all paid for it.

RE: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - Ninurta - 07-20-2023

So he gets a 1.8B settlement, and he only gets a 2M cut of it? That is just over 1/10th of 1% Where does the other 99.9% go to?

It goes to some might rich lawyers, that's where. Who says "crime doesn't pay"?

It's a shame dude never could fathom 6th grade math.

That might have something to do with why he repeatedly failed the test in the first place....

RE: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - xuenchen - 07-20-2023

Another "settlement" announced.....

Arrested Protesters from the 2020 Floyd riots getting paid for police brutality !!! 

More planned treasury looting with high lawyer fees  Laughing

RE: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - Infolurker - 07-21-2023

LOL,

It is not limited to local and state governments. Corps feel it as well.

Can I blister my skin for 1.8 million because the driver pulled out and made me spill my mcnugget on myself? Now (for those that eat them) are going to to get cold nuggets. 

Florida girl burned by McDonald's nugget awarded $1.18m in damages

https://www.9news.com.au/world/jury-awards-florida-girl-burned-by-mcdonalds-chicken-mcnugget-800000-in-damages/cb374abd-affe-4c3c-bf0d-1f1774810ad5

Quote:A South Florida jury has awarded $1.18million (US$800,000) in damages to a little girl who received second-degree burns when a hot Chicken McNugget fell on her leg as her mother pulled away from the drive-thru of a McDonald's restaurant.

Lawyers for the family of Olivia Caraballo, who was four when she was burned in 2019, were seeking $22 million in damages. Jurors reached their verdict after deliberating for less than two hours, the South Florida SunSentinel reported.

The jury's verdict form allotted $600,000 in damages for the past four years, and another $600,000 for the future from the McDonald's USA and its franchise operator, Upchurch Foods. A separate jury decided in May that the company and franchise owner were liable for the injury, which occurred outside a McDonald's in Tamarac, near Fort Lauderdale.

RE: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - Ninurta - 07-31-2023

I think the next time I get a sunburn that blisters and peels (which is also a second degree burn), I'm going to sue the CCP for failing ti mitigate global warming. They are clearly at fault and legally liable for my sunburn!

It may be a while - I don't sunburn easily. On the other hand, when I do, because of the difficulty of burning, it's clearly beyond an unsafe solar intensity! Damn you, CCP!

RE: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - BIAD - 07-31-2023

(07-31-2023, 05:25 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I think the next time I get a sunburn that blisters and peels (which is also a second degree burn), I'm going to sue the CCP for failing ti mitigate global warming. They are clearly at fault and legally liable for my sunburn!

It may be a while - I don't sunburn easily. On the other hand, when I do, because of the difficulty of burning, it's clearly beyond an unsafe solar intensity! Damn you, CCP!

Boiling is the new burning. It's official... for the first time in history and it's broken all previous records.
Also... 'Huge, Vulnerable, Mental Health, Carbon Capturing' should be used in a paragraph somewhere
and sprinkle in some letters that indicate how one enjoys sex.

Surprised Surprised Surprised

If it's written down, it must be real!

RE: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - Grace - 07-31-2023

I wish I was stupid so I could get rich!

RE: Guy Who Repeatedly Failed to Pass the NYC Teachers' Exam Gets Over $2M—for Failing - Ninurta - 08-01-2023

(07-31-2023, 09:36 PM)Grace Wrote: I wish I was stupid so I could get rich!

I know, right? Whatever happened to the good old days when, if you played stupid games, you got stupid prizes instead of multi-million dollar settlements and potential made-for-tv movie contracts?