Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Social Unrest and Justice (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Ninurta - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 05:33 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Is the division shown in the US congress , was there more center minded thoughts in the past than now ? 

The short answer is yes.

Now don't get me wrong, there have always been divisions and differences of opinion, but never this bad. The Left lurched far to the left, and the Right, in reaction to that, lurched ridiculously right-ward. They both took most of the Center with them on their journey,

The result is a political polarization that I have never before seen in America at ant time in my lifetime. It has probably not been this bad since just before the first American Civil War - and it may not have been this bad even then. It's likely that people in those days just had shorter fuses, less of a bullshit tolerance.

Right after Secession, all of the Southern congressmen and Representatives either left Congress or were expelled from it, which resulted in a congress that was polarized even farther left-ward. We saw the result of that in the Civil War and the vindictiveness visited upon the South during Reconstruction. In those days, the Republicans were the Leftists - they called themselves "Radical Republicans" and lived up to that name - and the Democrats were the party on the Right.

It slowly changed sides between the end of Reconstruction and the Civil Rights era, with the Civil Rights movement solidifying the switch. At the beginning of the Civil Rights movement, Democrats dominated the South, but by the end of it, Republicans did. Only the parties changed, not the political philosophies - the South has always been Conservative, regardless of who they were voting for. To get their votes, politicians had to get more conservative, and that is the way the Republicans went.

As the political parties swapped sides, there was a meeting and massing in the center. Now we are seeing that polarize again into virulently opposing sides as the Centrists get dragged into their respective corners by the Radical elements..

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Kenzo - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 06:42 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 05:33 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Is the division shown in the US congress , was there more center minded thoughts in the past than now ? 

The short answer is yes.

Now don't get me wrong, there have always been divisions and differences of opinion, but never this bad. The Left lurched far to the left, and the Right, in reaction to that, lurched ridiculously right-ward. They both took most of the Center with them on their journey,

The result is a political polarization that I have never before seen in America at ant time in my lifetime. It has probably not been this bad since just before the first American Civil War - and it may not have been this bad even then. It's likely that people in those days just had shorter fuses, less of a bullshit tolerance.

Right after Secession, all of the Southern congressmen and Representatives either left Congress or were expelled from it, which resulted in a congress that was polarized even farther left-ward. We saw the result of that in the Civil War and the vindictiveness visited upon the South during Reconstruction. In those days, the Republicans were the Leftists - they called themselves "Radical Republicans" and lived up to that name - and the Democrats were the party on the Right.

It slowly changed sides between the end of Reconstruction and the Civil Rights era, with the Civil Rights movement solidifying the switch. At the beginning of the Civil Rights movement, Democrats dominated the South, but by the end of it, Republicans did. Only the parties changed, not the political philosophies - the South has always been Conservative, regardless of who they were voting for. To get their votes, politicians had to get more conservative, and that is the way the Republicans went.

As the political parties swapped sides, there was a meeting and massing in the center. Now we are seeing that polarize again into virulently opposing sides as the Centrists get dragged into their respective corners by the Radical elements..

Seems like the super polarization is recipe for something not so good. But also come to my mind the old trick of creating distraction on purpose to have TPTB getting same time their agenda / things done while the 2 sides fight against other.