Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Social Unrest and Justice (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First (/showthread.php?tid=1010)

Pages: 1 2

Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Infolurker - 07-17-2023

Why a US Civil War could be even more disastrous than the first: When NPR beings to weigh in, as was the case years back, it is safe to say that talk of a second American Civil War has officially gone mainstream.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/why-a-second-us-civil-war-would-be-far-worse-than-the-first/ar-AA1dVHie?

Quote:The risk is that a considerable segment of public opinion might come to believe that a much smaller price in lives would be equally justified in order to achieve lofty political goals such as, for example, protecting some version of “the American way of life” or “defending our democracy.” Indeed, polls now suggest that as many as 1 in 3 Americans, Democrats and Republicans alike, may be sympathetic to this instrumental view of political violence. This is why it must be made clear that a second Civil War, even if it did prove less deadly – something that cannot be guaranteed – could produce a long-term disaster from which the nation might never truly recover.

All of this means that, no matter how dysfunctional the political process seems to have become, civil war today will never produce a durable solution to the issues that divide Americans. There can be no rerun of 1865, when basic disagreements about slavery and federal power were permanently laid to rest.

This fact bears repeating. As the great military historian John Keegan reminded usWestern thought from the Greeks to Clausewitz and beyond has evinced a fascination with the idea of decisive wars that settle lingering political disputes once and for all.  Alas, history is seldom this tidy. Most wars drag on while the underlying issues remain unresolved. Exhaustion may force a temporary hiatus, but festering hostilities lurk just below the surface. This is especially true of civil wars in the contemporary world. The stark reality is that no political goal worth achieving can be won through a civil war in the 21st century, and the costs would be far greater than many seem to imagine.

I am sure the MSM can't wait to get us into camps.... They are the ones publishing the articles on this now not some conspiracy sites.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-17-2023

(07-17-2023, 08:53 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Why a US Civil War could be even more disastrous than the first: When NPR beings to weigh in, as was the case years back, it is safe to say that talk of a second American Civil War has officially gone mainstream.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/why-a-second-us-civil-war-would-be-far-worse-than-the-first/ar-AA1dVHie?

I have never understood this. I don't understand how anybody could think that the killing of innocent fellow Americans, because you don't like the way they think, the color of their skin, or the God they choose to worship, is going to make any difference. 

TPTB does not care if we kill each other. In fact that is exactly what they want us to do. So doing the bidding of the enemy is supposed to help your cause, how?

What the hell is a "civil" war anyway, when people are hating and killing other people?

If the crap gets out of hand, TPTB, their chosen, the super rich, and the powerful, will just go about their way in Elysium, floating safely above our heads, watching us do what they have been trying to do for centuries.

Trust me. They will return after we have killed off enough of us for them to come in and finish the clean up. Anyone left standing will bow, bend over, and kiss their behinds. Enslaved by their own stupidity and their own hand.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Ninurta - 07-17-2023

War is bad. It kills off perfectly healthy, fine young people, and tears all of their stuff all up.

But there is a class of folks who say "violence never solved anything". That class of folks are the ones least equipped to express violence. On the contrary, and to quote R.A. Heinlein, violence has solved a great many things. Just because those things may not be resolved in one's own favor does not mean they are less resolved.

People get worn out with fighting, and eventually give in to get along. They get tired of war after a while.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-17-2023

(07-17-2023, 10:20 PM)Ninurta Wrote: War is bad. It kills off perfectly healthy, fine young people, and tears all of their stuff all up.

But there is a class of folks who say "violence never solved anything". That class of folks are the ones least equipped to express violence. On the contrary, and to quote R.A. Heinlein, violence has solved a great many things. Just because those things may not be resolved in one's own favor does not mean they are less resolved.

People get worn out with fighting, and eventually give in to get along. They get tired of war after a while.

War always serves the rich and powerful. It does not do much if anything for the poor, and the needy.

People spend more time caught up in their reactionary mind than they do in their hearts. We have a problem when people can tell you without hesitation, what they are willing to die for, but find it difficult to tell you what they would live for.

Life should be about living. What happened to, your live your life, and I'll live mine? I don't have to love you, I don't have to even like you to work with you. It is about getting the job done. e share the same planet, and we have a hell of a lot more in common than we have differences.

I am old and tired. I don't mess with anyone and I hope that nobody messes with me.

When you get to be my age, the thing that you are truly secure in knowing, is that your time is short, and every waking day is a miracle. So death is not feared. It has become a silent partner that is follows you like a shadow.

Living is a hot potato. Trying to hold on it to it can burn you.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - dbcowboy - 07-17-2023

Working on an article about cultural marxism, ties into this.

May add more later.

*thumbs up*

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-17-2023

Dying MSM getting desperate and will print literally anything for clicks & ratings and keep the chaos churning.

“War never achieves its absolute because war is never an isolated act: war does not consist of a single short blow: and in war the result is never final.” (Carl von Clausewitz, in his magnus opus On War, 1780-1831)

"Our goal is to develop a joint force that acts in uncertainty and thrives in chaos through a common understanding of the essence and nature of the problem and the purpose of the operation. In practice, this means that leaders must ensure their vision and intent are understood and their subordinates act decisively in concert with that vision and intent. As Clausewitz stated, the “trinity of chance, uncertainty, and friction [will] continue to characterize war and will make anticipation of even the first order consequences of military action highly conjectural.” Taking a “systems approach to warfare where second and third-order consequences of actions can be predicted, let along managed,” is thus an illusion."
― General James N. Mattis, USMC, Commander, US Joint Forces Command.

I think the only actual winners from war are the Int'l bankers because they don't care which side wins nor if neither side wins.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - OmegaLogos - 07-18-2023

Explanation: Uhmmm? We have all been in a 2nd US civil war for nearly exactly 5 years now!

Did you all forget this thread of mine from 27th June 2018 on the old Rogue-Nation3 website? ...

First Shots Fired In The Second US Civil War! 

Quote:Explanation: I just fired the first shots in the 2nd US civil war ... I totally missed but whatever (I made a finger gun and said pew pew a few times) ... So its now time to pick a side and lets get this war-party on!  [Image: tinysure.png]

Personal Disclosure: We can all see that this is on the cards to be played eventually ... I am just speeding things up! [Image: tinybiggrin.png] 

We had four boxes to use ... the soap box [media is corrupt] the jury box [courts are just as corrupt] the ballot box [gerrymanded up the wahzoo] and the bullet box [all we have left]!

Turn Turn Turn ... there is a season ...

Tick Tock! TIMES UP!

Quote:Psalm 144

1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Personal Disclosure: @ The Left! ... You're in RUINS!

Quote:Do you know what's worth fighting for
When it's not worth dying for?
Does it take your breath away
And you feel yourself suffocating?
Does the pain weigh out the pride?
And you look for a place to hide?
Did someone break your heart inside?
You're in ruins
One, twenty one guns
Lay down your arms
Give up the fight
One, twenty one guns
Throw up your arms into the sky,
You and I
When you're at the end of the road
And you lost all sense of control
And your thoughts have taken their toll
When your mind breaks the spirit of your soul
Your faith walks on broken glass
And the hangover doesn't pass
Nothing's ever built to last
You're in ruins
One, twenty one guns
Lay down your arms
Give up the fight
One, twenty one guns
You and I
Did you try to live on your own
When you burned down the house and home?
Did you stand too close to the fire?
Like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone
When it's time to live and let die
And you can't get another try
Something inside this heart has died
You're in ruins
One, twenty one guns
Lay down your arms
Give up the fight
One, twenty one guns
One, twenty one guns
Lay down your arms
Give up the fight
One, twenty one guns
You and I

Quote:Explanation: One side or the other or both are going to Totally lose their shit after these November midterm elections.

Personal Disclosure: I told y'all so back in 2018 ...

Title: MAGA Meme Magick Tweet Trade Wars: The Devil Inside Our Hope Of Nvr Cming Down

Well the dreams broken and the dreamer has woken and we are at rock bottom!

Its finally 'Elmer' season ...

'Elmer Season'

@ My Fellow Rogues ... Hold The Line! ...

Hold The Line (TOTO) - Luca Stricagnoli

[Image: law-abiding-citizen-drama.gif]

Quote:Now before anybody goes throwing any 'ism's' around we should all take stock of this video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB6p5QPVhPI

Trump's got a great point ... Freedom isn't Free! ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVkTmnJkAN8

So we need a Hero ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

A hero like Russell in the Independence Day movie ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyOTaHRBTXc

And that hero is the Constitution of the United States of America.

Specifically the 1st and the 2nd amendments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETeuhelQCdE

And real patriotic martyrs like Saint Lavoy Finicum who stood up for what was right and died a hero for that cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzYwSJfO6Vk

When the pushes come to shoves, tell me will you fight?

[Image: 28finicum-web-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Foo Fighters - Waiting On A War (Official Video) 

Thirty Seconds to Mars - This is War (Official Lyric Video) 

This Is War (Feat. Richard Farrell)

[Image: MinusculeBeercheers.gif]

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Grace - 07-18-2023

You said that talk of a second civil war is now officially mainstream and no longer spoken of as if some kind of conspiracy theory.

While I agree with your statement here, that yes it's mainstream - but only because the division in the country is too stark now to ignore. 

Did you know that we are MORE (not less) divided ideologically than we were prior to the first civil war?

Prior to the last civil war there was ideological division to be certain however, we can officially say the division in our day is worse, because the same issues that are dividing us politically are also tearing apart our churches. Case in point - United Methodist. This didn't occur with churches prior to the last civil war, back then everyone could at least agree in church. Now? Nope....

Now people have to ask how liberal or conservative a church is prior to attending. These liberals are demanding people teach contrary to Scripture in church, of all places. And when people ask for Scriptural teaching in their churches they are asked to leave.

Crazy world now..  never even imagined this happening - but it has.

So yes... This country is a powder keg and the fuse is to the powder just about. It will blow - it's human nature.

We don't have to join the fray, however... It's always a choice.

We are sitting at the crossroad and people are praying for another way - a real and lasting resolution to the mess we now find ourselves in that doesn't involve seeing our children die.

Sometimes I wonder who's showing up though, with those solutions...

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - MisterSpock - 07-18-2023

This second civil war talk is all nonsense to me, it's trying to repackage or downplay it.

What is brewing, is a second revolutionary war, but as usual the government is using useful idiots on one side, manipulating them, encouraging them and ultimately funding/arming them while pretending they aren't involved.

I don't know of anyone that wants a civil war, but I know of a whole hell of a lot that know what/who the real problem is.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Schmoe - 07-18-2023

The powers that be, I'm sure, would rather have a civil war than a revolutionary war.  Good way to cull a good number of us useless eaters, who line their pockets.  

At this point, I wonder which happens first, civil or revolutionary war?  We should get a betting pool going.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 01:06 AM)Grace Wrote: So yes... This country is a powder keg and the fuse is to the powder just about. It will blow - it's human nature.

We are sitting at the crossroad and people are praying for another way - a real and lasting resolution to the mess we now find ourselves in that doesn't involve seeing our children die.

Sometimes I wonder who's showing up though, with those solutions...

Unfortunately, too many are waiting for a savior to rescue them or a hero to fight for them. So they will follow the first false leader and hero that comes along and will follow that person off the cliff.

Until we re-learn to think for ourselves, to stand for ourselves and each other, we will just be lemmings and minions following those that promise us all that we wish for. As we stand in line to greedily accept the monkey paws they are handing out.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-18-2023

Unlike old times I don't think there is enough people in the US that would band together & rise up to start any type of battlefield war. I mean I was kinda expecting it back in 2020-22, but nothing happened. However, take away food, water, & entertainment and things could get mighty interesting. Plus, it also takes a number of years of oppression before a revolution or revolt starts and if one were to start I can bet it's not a grass roots movement. Dark side of our gov't or foreign adversary will be funding it. By/before the end of this decade the parasite pharaohs will have moved onto the next big (global) crisis...be it another pandemic, climate lockdown, fake aliens, etc.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Ninurta - 07-18-2023

(07-17-2023, 10:47 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: People spend more time caught up in their reactionary mind than they do in their hearts. We have a problem when people can tell you without hesitation, what they are willing to die for, but find it difficult to tell you what they would live for.

When you get to be my age, the thing that you are truly secure in knowing, is that your time is short, and every waking day is a miracle. So death is not feared. It has become a silent partner that is follows you like a shadow.

Living is a hot potato. Trying to hold on it to it can burn you.

There's a lot of truth there.

I've faced death several times in my life, and each time my attitude was "well here we are. Let's do this! I never planned on living forever anyhow." I've never been afraid to die.

But not too long ago, I was pretty sure I had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, and this was it. In that moment, I realized I was still not afraid to die - I'm pretty sure I know what comes after, and if I'm wrong I won't know anything at all, much less that I was wrong, so it doesn't matter - but I also realized that what terrifies me is leaving folks who may need what little help I am behind to fend for themselves until their time comes, too.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Snarl - 07-18-2023

(07-17-2023, 09:39 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I have never understood this. I don't understand how anybody could think that the killing of innocent fellow Americans, because you don't like the way they think, the color of their skin, or the God they choose to worship, is going to make any difference.

I like to refer to those types of targets as bullet sponges. Of course, I look just like a bullet sponge in their eyes. I only hope that is recognized in time and everyone figures out it is the elite and the political class that need 'dealing with'. Unfortunately, they blend in with us all too easily.

About making a difference: the violent suppression of free movement would make all the difference. 16 guys who know what to do can lockdown a city of 60K. Give those same guys an ability to call in indirect fire and air support ... stick the other side with a fork ... 'cause they're done.

I've got a bad feeling the elites already have a drone army waiting to extinct us.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Ninurta - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 01:06 AM)Grace Wrote: ...

So yes... This country is a powder keg and the fuse is to the powder just about. It will blow - it's human nature.

Yes, joining a war is always a choice, but some times, it's Hobb's Choice. When it reaches your door, you have a choice to fight or die, but the choice is still there. No one in their right mind goes looking for a war - some do, but they aren't in their right mind - but some times, the war comes looking for you, and forces to to make that Hobb's Choice.

It would be great if there were another way, but there are people in this world that just can not let a thing be. They have to poke and prod and tease at it until it's everyone else hurting, just to keep themselves happy and think they are above it all. They aren't. It will eventually come to them, too, and then THEY have that Hobb's Choice to make themselves that they forced on everyone else to make.

All because they just couldn't let a thing alone, and live and let live.

Once it gets rolling, there is no telling when or where it will end. It takes on a life of it's own, and does not care in the least what any of the rest of us think - not even the ones that start it.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 02:55 AM)Snarl Wrote: I like to refer to those types of targets as bullet sponges. Of course, I look just like a bullet sponge in their eyes. I only hope that is recognized in time and everyone figures out it is the elite and the political class that need 'dealing with'. Unfortunately, they blend in with us all too easily.

About making a difference: the violent suppression of free movement would make all the difference. 16 guys who know what to do can lockdown a city of 60K. Give those same guys an ability to call in indirect fire and air support ... stick the other side with a fork ... 'cause they're done.

I've got a bad feeling the elites already have a drone army waiting to extinct us.

In the end they will end up the same. Dead physically, or dead spiritually and enslaved. When we kill each other, we are killing the only chance we may have had to bring down the beast. Killing each other is doing the will of the beast.

We don't have to love each other to work together with my enemy mine.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Grace - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 02:51 AM)Ninurta Wrote: But not too long ago, I was pretty sure I had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, and this was it. In that moment, I realized I was still not afraid to die - I'm pretty sure I know what comes after, and if I'm wrong I won't know anything at all, much less that I was wrong, so it doesn't matter - but I also realized that what terrifies me is leaving folks who may need what little help I am behind to fend for themselves until their time comes, too.

We live for those we love, always. 

However, people have shown themselves willing to stand in front of bullets for those they love too. (Not asking you to... Lol. If you did I'd kill you myself, so there..) 

But now that this is hitting the children for real in schools? I do think that's the powder. 

People can take a lot - but not when their children are threatened. For your kids and loved ones you will live - and die if need be.

(07-18-2023, 03:26 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: In the end they will end up the same. Dead physically, or dead spiritually and enslaved. When we kill each other, we are killing the only chance we may have had to bring down the beast. Killing each other is doing the will of the beast.

We don't have to love each other to work together with my enemy mine.

Some of them are too busy feeding the beast to ever consider trying to bring it down. What do we do with them? Hold hands and sing Kumbaya? Invite them into the drum circle for a little glad-handing?

Fact is, the ones trying to kill you, they're the "enemy", and they will never be amenable to working together until either you come around to their way of thinking, or else beat them into submission.

While they're still trying to kill you, all you can really do is either kill them right back, or die yourself.

That's the soul-crushing part.

I'm from that old, outmoded school of thought that thinks "if they're gonna kill you anyway, then you may as well take as many of them with you as you can, to make life easier on the next guy". In other words, at least get a few sammiches while they're making a meal of YOU.

I am not your average Kumbaya kind of person. I love freely, but I have spent too many years dealing with the evil that lives in the heart of man, to not be very intuitive when it comes to evil when I am in its presence. Even in its mildest form.

I am very proud of my generous spirit, because it took me a many years to teach myself to deal with my truly serious anger issues. Mine was genetic. Out of ten children only one brother and myself inherited the curse. According to my Mother, we inherited it from my grandmother. She was only 4''11". A tiny woman, of the Pima people, and she was a force to reckon with.

We have been lucky so far that only one of those in the next generation inherited that trait. A young nephew that is having a difficult time dealing with it. He is blessed to have me, because I can snatch him back from the the pinnacle, with a look and the tone of my voice. But I won't be there when he goes off to University at the end of this month.

My sister called me, she insisted I had to watch the movie "Turning Red". She said she was not going to tell me anything about it, but I had to call her after watching it. I could definitely relate, and we laughed for a long time after I called her.

I have been in the medical field for near 50 years. I has taught me well, and I function best in the middle of chaos and crisis. So, I would have no trouble separating the wheat from the chaff.

I am the worst version of Scorpio. I am loving, kind, and generous. I can be funny and silly. And I can be that person you never, ever want to meet. I am not proud of the vindictive,  kill my dog, I kill your cat, side of my personality.

I have not mellowed with old age. I am actually becoming a bit more crotchety.

RE: Why A Second US Civil War Would Be Far Worse Than the First - Kenzo - 07-18-2023

Is the division shown in the US congress , was there more center minded thoughts in the past than now ?

A stunning visualization of our divided Congress

The polarization in today’s Congress has roots that go back decades

Quote:a Pew Research Center analysis finds that, on average, Democrats and Republicans are farther apart ideologically today than at any time in the past 50 years.