Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Sounds and lights flickering - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Sounds and lights flickering (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

Sounds and lights flickering - ancientlight - 07-16-2023

Nothing special, I'm just a bit bored and this is fun  Smile

Yesterday I heard some strange beeps , not from my phone or laptop, never heard before. Wouldn't know what caused it.
I don't know , nothing too crazy .But in the evening the lights flickered , twice, and I heard some loudish sounds behind me. 
Nothing there off course. 

Just for fun, I know it's most likely nothing, but my life is BORING  Laughing

RE: Sounds and lights flickering - Ninurta - 07-16-2023

Don't sweat it, man. It's nothing that'll hurt ya.

I used to hear strange beeps too, when I was a teenager. I had no idea what the hell it was, and still don't. That was back in the days before everything electronic wanted to beep at you - I don't think we had anything in the house that would beep in those days. Not much electronic stuff at all, as a matter of fact. There might have been a calculator that was in constant need of batteries, but that was about it, and that isn't what was beeping. The beeps always sounded like they were coming from overhead and to my right, just about where the top of the hallway doorway leading into the kitchen was. I looked all over the place for something that might beep - or squeak, since there weren't many thinks on Earth in those days that could beep - and never found what in the devil it was.

The lights in this house flicker and dim all the time, for no apparent reason. I occasionally hear thumps and footsteps here, too, and when I check it out, nothing. So I just say right out loud "Oh, it's you again. Hi. Now leave me be" and go back to whatever I was doing. That way, it's acknowledged in case it's an attention whore, and dismissed all at the same time. Just about a month ago, I had two brand new LED grow light blow up on me, one the next day after the first one. No reason for it, and it's not like a filament blew or anything, so I dunno the why of it. Neither of the replacements have blown up in the interim since then.

There is a large closet just on the other side of the wall from where I sit, and that thing "thumps" a lot. I used to get up and check it, thinking a critter somehow got into the house, but there is never anything there. Just the monster in the closet I reckon, so I don't even bother checking it any more. It opens into the bedroom, on my side of the bed, so if anything ever comes out of it, it'll eat me first and might be full before it gets to Grace.

Point is, I'm an old man now, and this stuff has been happening to me all my life, since I was a kid, and it ain't killed me yet, so it's harmless.

P.S. - I may still hear the beeps occasionally, but they tend to blend in to the modern world. A couple months ago, I heard beeping - in the kitchen again, but this ain't the house I grew up in - so I went to check it thinking someone left a timer on or something, and never did find what was beeping. That happened about 3 days running, and then nothing that I've noticed since.

RE: Sounds and lights flickering - Ninurta - 07-16-2023

More on the strangeness that has followed me all my life.

In this house, in the living room, is a big-ass cabinet with an Amish heater in the middle of it, drawers and doors to each side of the heater, which is centered in it. Every so often, the left hand drawer closest to the kitchen doorway will just open itself and sit there open until someone notices and closes it. It'll do that 3 or 4 or 5 times in a week, and then nothing for months.

In the last house I lived in, there were creaks and squeaks and footsteps as a constant. One night, about 2 am or so, I was in the bathroom taking a leak. This bathroom was an addition to the house, which was an old farm house, and it wasn't built on the house foundation, it was built on a concrete slab poured for it, and built on to the back of the house.

So anyway, there I was minding my own business in the middle of the night, taking a well deserved beer leak. Right above the toilet was a medicine cabinet, right about face level to me, which I was facing. The cabinet door slowly swung open, and stayed open. So I said, right out loud again, "Do ya mind? I'm trying to take a leak here!" And I shit you not, the cabinet door swung back closed, all by it's self.

That house had a tin roof, just like this one does. I love sleeping under a tin roof when it's raining. But at that house, the last one, some times you could hear things walking on the roof. Footsteps, some heavy critter, walking right across the roof. I'd grab a rifle and go out to catch it, whatever it was, but I never did catch it. Now, before you freak out, the roof of the house was almost right up against the mountain on the north end. There wasn't but maybe 8 or 10 inches between the mountain side and the roof, so you could just walk up the hill, walk north, and step right on to the roof, no ladder required. I never found out what was walking around up there. Pretty sure it wasn't a deer, because the tin making those popping noises would have scared it off the roof right away. Maybe a bear or a coyote, I dunno.

Not long after my third wife died (we were not a "thing" any more - I was already married to Grace by then) I found what looked just like one of my third wife's footprints right in the carpet of the living room, right in the doorway going out onto the covered porch. She had really tiny feet, and always swore she had to buy her shoes in the kid's department. There was no one in the house with feet that tiny, and no kids ever came to see us - I tend to scare kids for some reason. That just left me scratching my head. I took photos of it, so that in my doddering old age I wouldn't start thinking I'd imagined it. One of my sisters is tiny, too, but I asked, and she hadn't been there for a couple months, so plenty of time to have walked a footprint out of the carpet just going to and from work.

Here is a thread at the old RN3 that has some video documentation of some of the strangeness that goes on at this house, the one I live in now. The videos are only about 15 seconds long each, because they came off a surveillance camera with motion detection.

Wierd shit just happens.

RE: Sounds and lights flickering - ancientlight - 07-16-2023

(07-16-2023, 06:45 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Don't sweat it, man. It's nothing that'll hurt ya.

I used to hear strange beeps too, when I was a teenager. I had no idea what the hell it was, and still don't. That was back in the days before everything electronic wanted to beep at you - I don't think we had anything in the house that would beep in those days. Not much electronic stuff at all, as a matter of fact. There might have been a calculator that was in constant need of batteries, but that was about it, and that isn't what was beeping. The beeps always sounded like they were coming from overhead and to my right, just about where the top of the hallway doorway leading into the kitchen was. I looked all over the place for something that might beep - or squeak, since there weren't many thinks on Earth in those days that could beep - and never found what in the devil it was.

The lights in this house flicker and dim all the time, for no apparent reason. I occasionally hear thumps and footsteps here, too, and when I check it out, nothing. So I just say right out loud "Oh, it's you again. Hi. Now leave me be" and go back to whatever I was doing. That way, it's acknowledged in case it's an attention whore, and dismissed all at the same time. Just about a month ago, I had two brand new LED grow light blow up on me, one the next day after the first one. No reason for it, and it's not like a filament blew or anything, so I dunno the why of it. Neither of the replacements have blown up in the interim since then.

There is a large closet just on the other side of the wall from where I sit, and that thing "thumps" a lot. I used to get up and check it, thinking a critter somehow got into the house, but there is never anything there. Just the monster in the closet I reckon, so I don't even bother checking it any more. It opens into the bedroom, on my side of the bed, so if anything ever comes out of it, it'll eat me first and might be full before it gets to Grace.

Point is, I'm an old man now, and this stuff has been happening to me all my life, since I was a kid, and it ain't killed me yet, so it's harmless.

P.S. - I may still hear the beeps occasionally, but they tend to blend in to the modern world. A couple months ago, I heard beeping - in the kitchen again, but this ain't the house I grew up in - so I went to check it thinking someone left a timer on or something, and never did find what was beeping. That happened about 3 days running, and then nothing that I've noticed since.

Yes, I know it's harmless. I'm not afraid, just curious, and I shared it out of boredom  Smile

RE: Sounds and lights flickering - ancientlight - 07-17-2023

So what could it be? Ghosts, aliens, what? Are they watching me at times like a labrat ? Or maybe it was nothing at all. 
Not the first time these things have happend. Microwave has started on its own at times .