Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing (/showthread.php?tid=2163)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - Schmoe - 07-05-2024

The entire situation over there is weird.  New owners, but they want to remain anonymous?  I understand people like their privacy, and I'm sure sites like ATS attract some schizophrenic types.  But they could have created an account and addressed everybody.  About anything.  Why they bought the site.  Which direction they'd like to see it go, etc.

I've also seen a shift in comments, from people I've long seen on ATS.  Some previous comments here say some of the posters don't even seem like the same people, and I agree.  I can't make heads or tails of it.

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-05-2024

(07-05-2024, 08:42 PM)Schmoe Wrote: The entire situation over there is weird.  New owners, but they want to remain anonymous?  I understand people like their privacy, and I'm sure sites like ATS attract some schizophrenic types.  But they could have created an account and addressed everybody.  About anything.  Why they bought the site.  Which direction they'd like to see it go, etc.

I've also seen a shift in comments, from people I've long seen on ATS.  Some previous comments here say some of the posters don't even seem like the same people, and I agree.  I can't make heads or tails of it.

COVID did something to the minds of a lot of people. I have seen drastic changes in the personalities of a lot of people since COVID.

Nothing is the way it used to be. I know all things change with time. But this change has happened at warp speed.

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-05-2024

(07-05-2024, 05:28 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: I was just on here to respond to one post. When I got off the site my add tracker blocker jumped up almost 100 points. The biggest spike I've seen by far.

Last night I did the same exact thing and got nothing. 

Today it jumped up by 87 blocked items.

Could it be your device?

Maybe it is tracking to your activity and trying to add garbage to your device.

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - BeTheGoddess - 07-10-2024

Ive only skimmed this thread, but Ive been "on a list" for a while, and the shit dosnt go away. 

They will follow you site to site, I should stop using this username. 

IRL they like to use drug addicts and sex workers as they can easily be bought.

Here in Australia there were changes to the ASIO Act in 2010 that... lets just say "sold us out" to foreign assets.

I no longer trust anyone.

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - Bally002 - 07-10-2024

(07-10-2024, 06:27 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: Ive only skimmed this thread, but Ive been "on a list" for a while, and the shit dosnt go away. 

Here in Australia there were changes to the ASIO Act in 2010 that... lets just say "sold us out" to foreign assets.

Strewth!

Dunno nothing about the ASIO act change.

Quite happy just reading and putting forth the odd comment.

Quite sure ASIO isn't interested in what I have to say.

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - Ninurta - 07-10-2024

(07-05-2024, 05:28 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: I was just on here to respond to one post. When I got off the site my add tracker blocker jumped up almost 100 points. The biggest spike I've seen by far.

Last night I did the same exact thing and got nothing. 

Today it jumped up by 87 blocked items.

You've probably got a "super cookie" or "flash cookie" hiding on your hard drive somewhere. They do not live in your browser cookie cache, so clearing cache or clearing cookies doesn't get rid of them - you have to hunt them down and manually kill them.

They do not have a size limit or a time limit - they will just sit there and record everywhere you go on the internet, and phone home about it.

Google has web crawler bots crawling all over the internet to index pages for their search engine... but they also read posts when they can get in to read them, and when the super cookies phone home, Google then has the post you read (or in some entertaining cases, wrote), and Google will correlate that with the URL of the page you visited or post you wrote in order to squeeze more information about you and your interests to target ads at you.

Yes, Google bots read internet posts - ever noticed how they will put a snippet with a search link so you can be sure that's really what you're looking for? You don't really think that short snippet is all of it they read, do you?

The internet is a nefarious place, it seems.  I would recommend researching "super cookies" and find out how to seek and destroy them, and also block Flash from running in your browser so no more super cookies get set.

Adobe has a little flash applet on their site that will allow you to work with the super cookies and bend them to your will. Unfortunately, it's a FLASH applet, and since I've blocked flash from running, it won't display for me.

(07-10-2024, 07:54 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(07-10-2024, 06:27 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote: Ive only skimmed this thread, but Ive been "on a list" for a while, and the shit dosnt go away. 

Strewth!

Kind regards,

Bally)

Sen. Steven Conroy introduced the bill, and obvs it passed both houses with bi-partisan support. They added "affiliates" so more than just agents and assets. There seems to be no "transparency" with who these "affiliates' are other than "who ever we want"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3qK0iPWBR8

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - Ninurta - 07-10-2024

(07-10-2024, 10:22 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote:

Strewth!

Kind regards,

Bally)

Sen. Steven Conroy introduced the bill, and obvs it passed both houses with bi-partisan support. They added "affiliates" so more than just agents and assets. There seems to be no "transparency" with who these "affiliates' are other than "who ever we want"

A.S.I.O? Australian Surveillance and Intelligence Organization? Why didn't they just call it "STASI"? 'Cause that a precise description of the STASI...

(07-10-2024, 11:19 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-10-2024, 10:22 AM)BeTheGoddess Wrote:

Strewth!

Kind regards,

Bally)

A.S.I.O? Australian Surveillance and Intelligence Organization? Why didn't they just call it "STASI"? 'Cause that a precise description of the STASI...

I think they call themselves Ustasi here, or thats what the scum cunts who are "not friendly" to me. have pronounced it Ustasi, not Ustasa...

They have not just shot at my home, the scumbags killed qa dog outside my place "to send a message"... 

Im not making this shit up.

https://researchoutput.csu.edu.au/ws/portalfiles/portal/29095069/28757579_Published_article.pdf/

And in 73 even the gov of the time...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_Murphy_raids

Abother linky

https://www.loc.gov/item/global-legal-monitor/2018-12-14/australia-bill-enabling-law-enforcement-and-intelligence-agencies-to-access-encrypted-information-passes/

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-26-2024

Well, well, well, I've been out of town here for the past two weeks and although I had my trusty laptop, portable hot-spot, and all my user names and passwords, do you think I could log into ATS? Hum?

So I lurked, here and there and used my news feeds to keep up with things. Now I'm back and since I was already logged in to ATS on my desktop at home, I could access my profile and settings, but I couldn't put up a new thread, the link icon wasn't even there. When I went to a thread, the icon came back, but it never accepted the send. Also, the replies that I sent were never accepted.

Now I guess this could be mod-related, but seems more like the code is breaking down. So, logged in or not, I can only lurk there. Oh, well. I wonder what will happen in a month or more.

PS. Didn't anyone miss me?

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - FlickerOfLight - 07-26-2024

(07-26-2024, 07:22 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Well, well, well, I've been out-of-town here for the past two weeks and although I had my trusty laptop, portable hot-spot, and all my user names and passwords, do you think I could log into ATS? Hum?

So I lurked, here and there and used my news feeds to keep up with things. Now I'm back and since I was already logged in to ATS, I could access my profile and settings, but I couldn't put up a new thread, the link icon wasn't even there. When I when to a thread, the icon came back, but it never accepted the send. Also, replies that I sent were never accepted.

Now I guess this could be mod related, but seems more like the code is breaking down. So, logged in or not, I can only lurk there. Oh, well. I wonder what will happen in a month or more.

Cheers to being home, MSB.

I glanced on there briefly and noticed someone stated that they weren't accepting any new accounts at all.

I had missed that tid bit.

Just looking at the feed you can tell someone has a hold of that site and it is as propagandists as any news station now.

Those new accounts sure came in and took over and completely changed the flow of the entire site. 

90% political content. Give or take.

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-26-2024

(07-26-2024, 08:14 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote:
(07-26-2024, 07:22 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Well, well, well, I've been out-of-town here for the past two weeks and although I had my trusty laptop, portable hot-spot, and all my user names and passwords, do you think I could log into ATS? Hum?

So I lurked, here and there and used my news feeds to keep up with things. Now I'm back and since I was already logged in to ATS, I could access my profile and settings, but I couldn't put up a new thread, the link icon wasn't even there. When I when to a thread, the icon came back, but it never accepted the send. Also, replies that I sent were never accepted.

Now I guess this could be mod related, but seems more like the code is breaking down. So, logged in or not, I can only lurk there. Oh, well. I wonder what will happen in a month or more.

Cheers to being home, MSB.

I glanced on there briefly and noticed someone stated that they weren't accepting any new accounts at all.

I had missed that tid bit.

Just looking at the feed you can tell someone has a hold of that site and it is as propagandists as any news station now.

Those new accounts sure came in and took over and completely changed the flow of the entire site. 

90% political content. Give or take.

You mentioned "looking at the feed" so I put ATS in my news feeds. I use a free news feed service called "Feedly" to keep up with all kinds of sources. No need to lurk now, just look at the new posts I like in my news feeds, for as long as that lasts I suppose.

ETA: That won't work, all the most popular and latest threads on the ATS news feed were from 2019. Man, more evidence of how messed up that board is.

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-27-2024

Now, because I used Ccleaner and cleaned up useless files, I am logged out and had to log back in. Of course, my username and password were no good and I couldn't have a new password emailed. It came back with "Message could not be sent. Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed." This also happened when I tried to rejoin a third time. I guess it's true then, the third time is the charm, or three strikes and you're out. I'm off ATS for good now, I'm not even going to lurk anymore, I just hope someone tells me when it goes away forever.

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-28-2024

I've been on ATS enough, since March 2010, I made it 14 and one-third years there.

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-28-2024

(07-28-2024, 02:52 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I've been on ATS enough, since March 2010, I made it 14 and one-third years there.

Not that far from me. I joined in 2009.

A lot has happened since then. 15 years went by in a blink of an eye.

Who would have thunk it?

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-28-2024

(07-28-2024, 03:02 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-28-2024, 02:52 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I've been on ATS enough, since March 2010, I made it 14 and one-third years there.

Not that far from me. I joined in 2009.

A lot has happened since then. 15 years went by in a blink of an eye.

Who would have thunk it?

I never thought about it until the time the original owners sold out and then it went down for two weeks. I have other boards now, like here and not Deny Ignorance.

(07-28-2024, 03:28 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I never thought about it until the time the original owners sold out and then it went down for two weeks. I have other boards now, like here and not Deny Ignorance.

ATS was the only place I hung out before I was invited here.

I checked out all the well known spots, but I could not stomach the vitriol that oozed from those sites.

I am not interested in signing up anywhere new. I don't have Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any other internet account.

RN is the only place I post now. I am trying to keep my internet footprint small. Laughing

RE: ATS Compromised - Mysterious Post Editing - FlickerOfLight - 07-28-2024

I'm just going to throw this out there. I have reasons for thinking this, but I'm just going to say it, and see if anyone else can pick up on the subtle hints on how the two synchronize together. 

I've spoken to both on a personal level.

Pictures that were shared is what finally tipped it off.

Here it is...

Nugget1 and DTOM are the same person.

I'm glad to see ATS go down. Those glory days were long gone. It has been a counter-intelligence trap for a long time now. Now it's pure propaganda. 

I've lit a fuse.

I'm sure you will all have fun discussing this. 

Cool
V
O

(07-28-2024, 03:48 AM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: I'm just going to throw this out there. I have reasons for thinking this, but I'm just going to say it, and see if anyone else can pick up on the subtle hints on how the two synchronize together. 

Here it is...

I'm glad to see ATS go down. Those glory days were long gone. It has been a counter-intelligence trap for a long time now. Now it's pure propaganda. 

I've lit a fuse.

Cool
V
O

Interesting.

(07-28-2024, 03:48 AM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: I'm just going to throw this out there. I have reasons for thinking this, but I'm just going to say it, and see if anyone else can pick up on the subtle hints on how the two synchronize together. 

Here it is...

I've lit a fuse.

Cool
V
O

I did not sign back with ATS after the big take down.
I am very familiar with DTOM, but I don't think I have had much communication with Nugget1, if any.