Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Dark Night of the Soul - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: World Health Matters (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=103)
+--- Forum: Psychological Well Being (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=107)
+--- Thread: Dark Night of the Soul (/showthread.php?tid=2069)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Dark Night of the Soul - FlickerOfLight - 05-16-2024

(05-16-2024, 06:52 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 06:21 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 09:27 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: ...I had to accept God did not love everyone...

I always cleave to a quote from Graham Greene's 'Brighton Rock'.

“You can’t conceive, my child, nor can I or anyone the appalling strangeness of the mercy of God.”
Smile thumbsup2

Sin is contemptible and feeds hate. Repentance is cleansing and promotes love.

Of all those spoken of in the Bible, David is my favorite. I think David broke every law and commandment there was, but he still had God's love.

I think it's all about the heart.

I believe God loves us all. But the love of God is not in us all.

If that makes sense.

That will make all the difference in the eyes of God, from what I gather from scripture. 

David is also one of my favorites. 

A good comparison is measure David and Saul against each other, and you will see the difference of heart.

They're a good comparison for this.

RE: Dark Night of the Soul - Ninurta - 05-17-2024

(05-16-2024, 06:52 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 06:21 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 09:27 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: ...I had to accept God did not love everyone...

I always cleave to a quote from Graham Greene's 'Brighton Rock'.

“You can’t conceive, my child, nor can I or anyone the appalling strangeness of the mercy of God.”
Smile thumbsup2

Sin is contemptible and feeds hate. Repentance is cleansing and promotes love.

Of all those spoken of in the Bible, David is my favorite. I think David broke every law and commandment there was, but he still had God's love.

That episode tends toward verification of the Calvinistic concept of "the Elect", or the notion of "the sons of Seth vs. the sons of Cain". Some folks seem to just belong to God, and others seem not to, and one cannot always tell which is which simply by observing their actions.

I've always told folks, ever since I was a young man, that "if you manage to get to Heaven, you're gonna really be surprised by who else you see there!"

There is always time left for repentance and salvation... until there isn't any more. If someone "belongs to God", then God is gonna get 'em, sooner or later. Sometimes much later, but nevertheless God'll get 'em. You can run, but you can't hide.

RE: Dark Night of the Soul - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-22-2024

@"FlickerOfLight"#259

I had an experience today that has me wondering for hours, "Why?"

I ran into a woman today that I did not know, had never met before, and had never spoken to before. She called me aside and asked me to pray for her and her children.

We talked. She shared with me problems she was having with her children. Afterwards, she thanked me for allowing her to cleanse her spirit, and how good it was to be able to talk with someone that was open and would understand.

I was wearing a motivational t-shirt that had, "Love the Lord with all your heart" printed on it.

I can't believe that was all that was needed, to make someone in need reach out.

I am interested in what you think.

RE: Dark Night of the Soul - FlickerOfLight - 05-22-2024

(05-22-2024, 03:02 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: @"FlickerOfLight"#259

I had an experience today that has me wondering for hours, "Why?"

I ran into a woman today that I did not know, had never met before, and had never spoken to before. She called me aside and asked me to pray for her and her children.

We talked. She shared with me problems she was having with her children. Afterwards, she thanked me for allowing her to cleanse her spirit, and how good it was to be able to talk with someone that was open and would understand.

I was wearing a motivational t-shirt that had, "Love the Lord with all your heart" printed on it.

I can't believe that was all that was needed, to make someone in need reach out.

I am interested in what you think.

Thank you for sharing that. 

So many people out there just dont have anyone to talk to. Having someone to talk to, to listen to you, to care is one of the greatest things in the world.

I think God put you both there at that particular moment. I think that women will never forget you and you did more for her than you even realize.

I am remembering how the Holy Spirit was sent as a "comforter." You showed that lady love and comfort. The Holy Spirit worked through you, and that's exactly what it looks like. He Had you in that exact place in that exact moment for that very reason.

Its such an honor when God uses us like that.

In my opinion, sometimes the greatest gift we can give someone is our time, our ear, and our understanding. It is so rare to find someone who will give those things freely these days.